Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tips/references for dog training?

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
For real though, the dog whisperer is a genius with communicating with dogs. He has a bunch of youtube videos. Learned a few things from watching his show back in the day...One that comes to mind is always enter a room or go through a door before your dog, so he knows you are the alpha. I do this with food also. My dog doesn't eat until after I do.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Dogs are just like everything else, they need attention and routine.

Our puppy is about 5 months old and is finally starting to get the bathroom outside thing down. Still a few mistakes every once in a while but getting much better

Crate train. Dog gets out of the crate and immediately goes outside to bathroom. Praise and treat when they get it right. One tip i liked was if the dog is in the house, keep its leash on and let it drag it around, that way you have a better idea of where it is and can step on the leash if you need to get control of it.

Rubbing the dogs nose in the pee and yelling at it only set us back 2-3 weeks. It works for some dogs, but didn't work for ours. She got scared to go bathroom at all which was not a good thing.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
For real though, the dog whisperer is a genius with communicating with dogs. He has a bunch of youtube videos. Learned a few things from watching his show back in the day...One that comes to mind is always enter a room or go through a door before your dog, so he knows you are the alpha. I do this with food also. My dog doesn't eat until after I do.
This guy is better

ssdP46YqhYaqq4EmLhk2fa9L

Latest posts

Top Bottom