Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

They missed the bus this afternoon

mrt

Elite
Ha Ha, Dallas Sucks

I was stationed in Alvarado just outside Dallas in 67, they all loved Dallas even before they began to be winners for Tom Landry's tenure. He was a tough coach and did not take any bullshit, he was losing a game one sunday and one of the star players were hamming it up on the sideline for the news cameras, he walked over and fired him on the spot. My image shows what I think about the Cowgirls today.

80.jpg

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Ha Ha, Dallas Sucks

I was stationed in Alvarado just outside Dallas in 67, they all loved Dallas even before they began to be winners for Tom Landry's tenure. He was a tough coach and did not take any bullshit, he was losing a game one sunday and one of the star players were hamming it up on the sideline for the news cameras, he walked over and fired him on the spot. My image shows what I think about the Cowgirls today.

View attachment 60805
What the heck was going on in Alvarado in 1967?

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
Ha Ha, Dallas Sucks

View attachment 60805
Love it OP. Looks like you already maxed out a couple

mrt

Elite
What the heck was going on in Alvarado in 1967?
Duncanville was Battalion Hdqs, Charlie Battery was in Alvarado, another unit at Fort Wolters and East of Dallas was another base. My Base is exactly as it was left when the Army closed all bases. Only one base is left in fully working order which is located in San Francisco as a working museum. All the radars and electronics are functional and they have daily tours. My base is slowly being removed by the Texas winds and dust. There are two property owners and both are real estate brokers who own the upper area where the radars and administration was located, the person on that upper section actually made the mess hall into living quarters. The launch area has not been touched and only leased to the Texas Highway Department over 20 years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom