Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A special moment with my dad. What moment would you like to share?

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
My father, was a professional gambler before professional gambling was cool and televised. He played winner takes all in the penthouse of the Golden Nugget in Las Vegas in the early 50's. You bought in and played till you either had everyone else's money or they had yours. It was a rough crowd. No fucking around. He told me so many stories that captivated me as I was growing up. And out of all the advice he gave me about gambling, he put one above all else. I'll never forget it.

He put his hand on my shoulder (I was 16 and thought I knew everything), looked me dead in the eye and said "never forget son, that it doesn't matter how good the odds are, if the bet is no good."

In his later years, after getting married and having three boys he would play poker with his friends. And what was really cool is that my dad was a known entity and like in the old west, young hot shots would come into town and want to take the old man down. It happened all the time. Dad's game was stud poker. It has the best odds. He could read a man like a book.

One morning as I was about to walk outside and catch the school bus, (I was 12) I looked into the poker room and saw a game had just broken up. This dude had come into town and he played poker with dad all night. I walked into his card room and he looked at me and smiled. He motioned for me to come around the wall where the man he had been playing could not see us. I did not say a word. He smiled at me, reached in his pocket and pulled out a roll of $100 dollar bills the was about the size of my 10 year old head. I was thunderstruck.

I did not know there was that much money in the world. I looked up at dad and he had a big grin on his face. I looked back down at the wod of $100's and watched as he peeled 3- $100 dollar bills off and gave them to me and said "this is your allowance." He chuckled and I was grinning like a jack ass eating briars.

I lost my father almost 28 years ago.

I will never forget that day. It is one of the fondest memories I have of my dad. Not because of the money he gave me, but because he loved me and took the time to give me a special moment that has been with me all my life. My eyes are teared up just typing this. Share with me a special memory from you dad.

Last edited:

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
Selling grandma's house and said he wanted to check out the pond that grandad dammed up. I didn't have a John boat but thought it would be good to get him on the pond so I bought one and we got to a part of the pond we were never able to get t. He was using a wacky rig and he caught his pb. This was before smart phone but it just so happened I had a Polaroid in tackle box and got a pic. Only a couple of times I've seen that smile.

TJHall1

Legendary
In the early 50s in the Golden nugget in Las Vegas I fucked your dad. The last thing he said to me before I left his penthouse was "I hope my wife and future kids never find out I'm a raging faggot." At least now you know the truth, OP.

TheGratefulReb

Neanderthal in Chief
Founder
My dad will be gone 8 years this coming November.

Thought about him briefly this morning eating breakfast. Dad was a family physician. Intelligent, chose his words wisely, cut through the bullshit. I remembered when I was little, we were eating at Waffle House one time. Dad loved Waffle House. We get our food, and dad immediately breaks up his eggs over easy and mixes it all up in his grits. I always ate one type of item at a time, so it struck me as odd....in my child's mind. Asked dad why he did that. He looks at me like the dumbass I am and says "its going to get mixed up in my stomach anyways".

Dad always made sense. Thats my dad thought of the day. Miss him.

TJHall1

Legendary
My dad will be gone 8 years this coming November.

Thought about him briefly this morning eating breakfast. Dad was a family physician. Intelligent, chose his words wisely, cut through the bullshit. I remembered when I was little, we were eating at Waffle House one time. Dad loved Waffle House. We get our food, and dad immediately breaks up his eggs over easy and mixes it all up in his grits. I always ate one type of item at a time, so it struck me as odd....in my child's mind. Asked dad why he did that. He looks at me like the dumbass I am and says "its going to get mixed up in my stomach anyways".

Dad always made sense. Thats my dad thought of the day. Miss him.
He said the same thing when I asked him why he was was always eating hot tamale candies while swallowing my cum.

TheGratefulReb

Neanderthal in Chief
Founder
Is that why he had a traumatic brain injury from falling in a Kroger bathroom that led to 9 months of being on a vegetative state before dying, because he didn't get some candy to raise his blood sugar? Diabetes is a bitch.

TJHall1

Legendary
Is that why he had a traumatic brain injury from falling in a Kroger bathroom that led to 9 months of being on a vegetative state before dying, because he didn't get some candy to raise his blood sugar? Diabetes is a bitch.
It wasn't because he didn't get some candy, like you just said.......... because he was eating hot tamale candies with my cum. So not sure what to tell ya, maybe the dude in that Kroger bathroom didn't give him the candies with the cum. Who knows, right?

Top Bottom