Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Tree of Freedom

OldBuzzard

Poster
In 1776 brave men placed their lives and fortunes on the line when they declared their independence from a tyrannical and unfair government. Brave men did the same thing again in 1860. (With zero thought of slavery in mind.). Make no mistake. The federal government has become exactly what the founding fathers tried so earnestly to prevent. They did however, leave us with the ability and the duty to do exactly what they did. Paraphrasing: “The tree of Liberty must now and then be watered with the blood of patriots.”

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
In 1776 brave men placed their lives and fortunes on the line when they declared their independence from a tyrannical and unfair government. Brave men did the same thing again in 1860. (With zero thought of slavery in mind.). Make no mistake. The federal government has become exactly what the founding fathers tried so earnestly to prevent. They did however, leave us with the ability and the duty to do exactly what they did. Paraphrasing: “The tree of Liberty must now and then be watered with the blood of patriots.”

I agree that from 1861-1865 most Confederate soldiers were not fighting the war to preserve their Right to own slaves, but did slavery not play a big role in secession? The States themselves discussed slavery as a reason quite often.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
I agree that from 1861-1865 most Confederate soldiers were not fighting the war to preserve their Right to own slaves, but did slavery not play a big role in secession? The States themselves discussed slavery as a reason quite often.
Correct.

It was believed and written that ending slavery would be immoral and inhumane.

OldBuzzard

Poster
I’m not getting into a slavery argument. I’m just saying that IMHO our present form of government has morphed into an entity populated by every type of person except those concerned with keeping Americans safe and free. I don’t believe it can be saved. There’s too much money and too much power to be had.

America 1st

Founder
I’m not getting into a slavery argument. I’m just saying that IMHO our present form of government has morphed into an entity populated by every type of person except those concerned with keeping Americans safe and free. I don’t believe it can be saved. There’s too much money and too much power to be had.
That's fine.

Secession isn't an option though and it's already been plainly settled.

America 1st

Founder
Glad you weren’t around in 1776.
1776 doesn't have anything to do with secession.

The Founders agree. If they agreed with secession there would be a mechanism for it in the Constitution.

Then we fought a war over it and settled it for a second time.

OldBuzzard

Poster
They put no mechanism in the Constitution because it was always assumed that states could leave the union any time they wanted to. The South was just too much of a cash cow for the Lincoln administration to lose to allow them to leave without a fight. There are people who are intent on dictating every facet of our lives and controlling every penny we work for. All in the name of our government. Sides are being taken. Sides HAVE been taken. It’s just a matter of when every conservative patriot will realize it.

America 1st

Founder
They put no mechanism in the Constitution because it was always assumed that states could leave the union any time they wanted to. The South was just too much of a cash cow for the Lincoln administration to lose to allow them to leave without a fight. There are people who are intent on dictating every facet of our lives and controlling every penny we work for. All in the name of our government. Sides are being taken. Sides HAVE been taken. It’s just a matter of when every conservative patriot will realize it.

yankmenoodle

Elite
The only test question I missed in my government class was, who has the greater power, the federal or state government. The correct answer is state. If the state has more power than the federal, secession is a given.

OldBuzzard

Poster
One of the founding principles of this site is that one can voice their opinion without being told that they are wrong, or that they should think a certain way.

America 1st

Founder
One of the founding principles of this site is that one can voice their opinion without being told that they are wrong, or that they should think a certain way.
Actually the founding principles are that you can say whatever you want and I get to say whatever I want including telling you how wrong you are about secession.

Dtcliffo

Poster
Founder

nope. Not true. You are free to talk all the bullshit you want, but I’m just as free to point out the fallacies of your argument.

Top Bottom