Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TFSF is now on Yoroi Wallet! The Free ADA Cardano Stake Pool: Stake your Crypto to support Free Thinking!

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
So, I staked some more ADA. Still no rewards?

When can I expect to see some?
Long story short, we need to build up the stake.

The minting of blocks is random, but the larger the stake pool is, the more likely you are to mint a block.

However, with a smaller stake pool there are more rewards to go around. Unfortunately, with 40k ADA in the pool, we are likely only to mint a block a year (roughly). A block is worth around 1000 ADA, and once we mint it would be divided between the 6 delegators in our stake pool.

So small stake pool, less likely to mint a block, but more rewards to go around. Large stake pool, more likely to mint a block, less rewards to go around.

We’ve found the sweet spot we need to get to is around 100k ADA staked. That will have us minting a block every couple months (roughly).

In the meantime, we just have to work on building up.

Need to get @PleasureMoose and @CuriousFiend on board - they have both expressed interest

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder
Long story short, we need to build up the stake.

The minting of blocks is random, but the larger the stake pool is, the more likely you are to mint a block.

However, with a smaller stake pool there are more rewards to go around. Unfortunately, with 40k ADA in the pool, we are likely only to mint a block a year (roughly). A block is worth around 1000 ADA, and once we mint it would be divided between the 6 delegators in our stake pool.

So small stake pool, less likely to mint a block, but more rewards to go around. Large stake pool, more likely to mint a block, less rewards to go around.

We’ve found the sweet spot we need to get to is around 100k ADA staked. That will have us minting a block every couple months (roughly).

In the meantime, we just have to work on building up.

Need to get @PleasureMoose and @CuriousFiend on board - they have both expressed interest
I'll add more. Not 60K more, but have been buying other coins lately.

Couldn't resist Quant ~$50.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
How has it performed compared to the larger crypto meltdown?
Yes, we are doing this as an investment, and I agree with @22*43*51 that it’s a good time to be stacking

But we are also actually participating in the Cardano project and demonstrating its viability and decentralization (rather than just crypto YOLO). So we are creating value regardless of what the markets do.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Yes, we are doing this as an investment, and I agree with @22*43*51 that it’s a good time to be stacking

But we are also actually participating in the Cardano project and demonstrating its viability and decentralization (rather than just crypto YOLO). So we are creating value regardless of what the markets do.
Lets talk this weekend maybe Friday if possible. Walk me through it. I agree w good timing and buying. I've been lucky w real-estate and fires. I'm not scared I just ain't quick draw McGraw

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
Edge, where u now? I bet big on gold when a brown dude won. I made 28% iir. Neen thinking about about ada and you're a smart ass dude in 2 ways. Should I drop a grand? I can afford to lose it until I'm hungry at 83
You're asking the village idiot. I bought HBAR at between .19 and .30 a share, and it's currently trading at .09. But, it was piss away money so I can let it sit and hopefully go up.

Top Bottom