Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TFSF is now on Yoroi Wallet! The Free ADA Cardano Stake Pool: Stake your Crypto to support Free Thinking!

freeADA

Poster
UPDATE: The countdown is at ZERO! Get your Yoroi wallet ready and be ready for Staking with The Free ADA!

The node should be available on Yoroi very soon!

freeADA is partnering with TFSF to bring a unique opportunity to all the members and supporters of this great Forum! freeADA will be providing a Cardano Stake Pool that will be sourced through The Free Speech Forum in order to further develop grassroots digital infrastructure in support of Freedom of Thought.

What is a Cardano Stake Pool?

What can I do right now?

Purchase some ADA and get ready to Stake for Freedom!

Stay tuned for more!

Last edited:

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Don't quote me on any of this, because I'm not the expert, but we are collaborating with @freeADA to try and build something cool.

ADA is a cryptocurrency in the same way that BTC, ETH, DOGE, etc are all cryptocurrencies.

Cardano is a blockchain network that leverages the digital currency (cryptocurrency) ADA. The general idea of investing in cryptocurrency is that you want to invest in a network that will create value. If you would like to invest in the Cardano project, you would buy ADA.

So you can buy ADA at any crypto exchange and hold it in your account the same way you would hold a stock in your brokerage account

Last edited:

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
The way cardano works is that once you buy ADA, you can choose to move it to a different node. You can look at a node as kind of like a regional bank. You want to put your ADA in a bank that you trust, a bank that you can earn a yield from, and a bank that has principles that you agree with.

freeADA is going to be the "bank" that we at the forum are partnering with. The more people that move their ADA to this bank, the stronger the bank becomes. There is a limit to how much ADA can be held at one bank though, and that is how the network maintains decentralization

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
The way cardano works is that once you buy ADA, you can choose to move it to a different node. You can look at a node as kind of like a regional bank. You want to put your ADA in a bank that you trust, a bank that you can earn a yield from, and a bank that has principles that you agree with.

freeADA is going to be the "bank" that we at the forum are partnering with. The more people that move their ADA to this bank, the stronger the bank becomes. There is a limit to how much ADA can be held at one bank though, and that is how the network maintains decentralization
I'm sure some very simple instructions will be provided that describe how to move your ADA to the freeADA node once it is live.

In general, it as simple is copying the "address" of the bank and hitting a transfer button from your crypto brokerage account

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Think I'm getting 5.5% on bittrex. What's ROI here?
[R-0-I]
Not bad
Inflation >90%>
It gets worse

Seriously can you expound on how retards can get a steady 5.5? Can I dep monthly? Do I claim gains as anything else in a market once I cash in? Some of us aren't fucking cryptography majors got dammit
Ty dude

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
Cliffs? Ill watch tomorrow but I'm driving country roads w myhound now
Basically the more of us that stake in this pool, the better odds we get a payout. Staking means that the protocol will randomly ask out pool to confirm blocks being written to the block chain. If your pool is not available, you miss out so you want multiple vms in different data centers running.

I think this is a good idea especially if you HODL long term, there’s no risk as long as you don’t lose your private keys. The ADA you own is delegated to this pool and can be removed.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Basically the more of us that stake in this pool, the better odds we get a payout. Staking means that the protocol will randomly ask out pool to confirm blocks being written to the block chain. If your pool is not available, you miss out so you want multiple vms in different data centers running.

I think this is a good idea especially if you HODL long term, there’s no risk as long as you don’t lose your private keys. The ADA you own is delegated to this pool and can be removed.
Hodl and keys...can you expound? I get a key for access and using but no idea what hodl is. Thanks Zero

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
[R-0-I]
Not bad
Inflation >90%>
It gets worse

Seriously can you expound on how retards can get a steady 5.5? Can I dep monthly? Do I claim gains as anything else in a market once I cash in? Some of us aren't fucking cryptography majors got dammit
Ty dude
You’ll have to claim the payouts on your taxes each year.
Then If you hold your buys and payouts over a year it’s an asset with 15% capital gains whenever you sell.
It’s your own wallet so you can buy ADA, put in your wallet and delegate to this pool. this can be monthly as long as there’s space in the pool,
OP will need to publish specifics.

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
Hodl and keys...can you expound? I get a key for access and using but no idea what hodl is. Thanks Zero
HODL.. hold on for dear life. So essentially never sell no matter what the swing in prices are. Just by, don’t look at the price for 10 years or longer. Let it accumulate the interest from this pool.
Private keys are part of the encryption which only you know.. if your wallet is on a machine that craps out, then you need these private keys written down somewhere to recover. When you set up the wallet, write down the keys and verify you can recover to a second machine prior to transferring ADA to your wallet.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
HODL.. hold on for dear life. So essentially never sell no matter what the swing in prices are. Just by, don’t look at the price for 10 years or longer. Let it accumulate the interest from this pool.
Private keys are part of the encryption which only you know.. if your wallet is on a machine that craps out, then you need these private keys written down somewhere to recover. When you set up the wallet, write down the keys and verify you can recover to a second machine prior to transferring ADA to your wallet.
Thanks man. Lol hodl. How do I acquire a wallet? Am I anonymous? Can I have my name attached if I want it?

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
Thanks man. Lol hodl. How do I acquire a wallet? Am I anonymous? Can I have my name attached if I want it?

Read this guide.

I am going to use the hardware wallet below. I have two, size of USB stick drives. I verified they’re setup the same by setting up one hardware wallet, then recovered the second. I then keep one in safety deposit, and one with me.

They are anonymous. You will have a public key that represents your wallet, but no one knows it’s you.. unless disclosed. Then every transaction can be linked to you :(.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Read this guide.

I am going to use the hardware wallet below. I have two, size of USB stick drives. I verified they’re setup the same by setting up one hardware wallet, then recovered the second. I then keep one in safety deposit, and one with me.

They are anonymous. You will have a public key that represents your wallet, but no one knows it’s you.. unless disclosed. Then every transaction can be linked to you :(.

I also use the Ledger Nano S and it works pretty well. Definitely takes a little getting used to.
Still getting used to managing my different currencies and moving them around but for the most part I think i have the hang of it.

Below is a link to a "hardware wallet." You will want one of these and will connect it to a computer. One day delivery is available.

Having trouble with the link but you can search it.

1649073844083.png

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I also use the Ledger Nano S and it works pretty well. Definitely takes a little getting used to.
Still getting used to managing my different currencies and moving them around but for the most part I think i have the hang of it.

Below is a link to a "hardware wallet." You will want one of these and will connect it to a computer. One day delivery is available.

Having trouble with the link but you can search it.

View attachment 91175
Thanks Fats

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
With a pool starting from scratch I imagine it will take several months before regular rewards start flowing in. From what I'm looking at, it seems like you need to hit about 100k ADA to start converting blocks regularly and around 500k ADA to start getting close to max rewards. I would think about a year to max delegation rewards if they can do a good job getting the word out

The good thing here is we know we will be supporting a good cause, and can trust the people running the node.

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder
With a pool starting from scratch I imagine it will take several months before regular rewards start flowing in. From what I'm looking at, it seems like you need to hit about 100k ADA to start converting blocks regularly and around 500k ADA to start getting close to max rewards. I would think about a year to max delegation rewards if they can do a good job getting the word out

The good thing here is we know we will be supporting a good cause, and can trust the people running the node.
I'm good for bout tree fiddy.

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder
free-animated-gifs-of-confused-travolta-john-travolta-pulp-fiction-the-shining.gif

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Link where I should get a wallet please. I'm kind of a dumbass on anything crypto. I'm relying on yall not being
The Yoroi wallet made by Emergo is going to be the easiest thing. You can download the app on your phone. You will need to buy ADA elsewhere (coinbase is the easiest) and then send it to your Yoroi wallet address. Once the node is live, you should be able to find it on the yoroi app and just click a "Stake Here' button.

I expect @freeADA to provide a set of instructions this weekend, but I am pretty sure that will be the easiest process

Latest posts

Top Bottom