Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TFSF Golf Thread

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
I would agree but Rory is one of the players who still hasn't shut up about how hurt he is that the LIV is signing players, ect...The tour had him help choose the elevated events that he has chosen to skip 2 of so far this year. Don't speak like you are a pillar of the golfing community if you are not willing to live up to the standards you helped set. JMO. I think he skipped the event in Hilton Head because he laid an egg at the Masters. If you pretend to be a leader, act like it.
FUCKIN NAILED IT!!!

Now keep the Faggit @ETNVol out of here or else this will turn into his typical TRUMP DERANGEMENT SYNDROME THREAD. (This has been a great thread till he showed up!)

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder
I would agree but Rory is one of the players who still hasn't shut up about how hurt he is that the LIV is signing players, ect...The tour had him help choose the elevated events that he has chosen to skip 2 of so far this year. Don't speak like you are a pillar of the golfing community if you are not willing to live up to the standards you helped set. JMO. I think he skipped the event in Hilton Head because he laid an egg at the Masters. If you pretend to be a leader, act like it.
Rory is an faggot.

denn

Legendary
Founder
Good win for W Clark this past weekend. Really good player who I would have thought wasn’t celebrating his first win on tour yesterday. Great golf course to do it on.

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
Trouble in golf paradise:

Later, a different reporter asked McIlroy if it was going to be a conscious thing for him to sidestep the LIV Golf-PGA Tour narrative going forward.

"Yeah," McIlroy said.

"When we made the commitment to this schedule with the Player Impact Program, we adjusted for one opt-out," Monahan said. "Then for any second opt-out, you forfeit the 25%, unless there was a medical issue. Based on that criteria, it's actually fairly cut-and-dry."

It didn't seem so cut-and-dry to McIlroy when he was asked about skipping the RBC Heritage the day before Monahan met with reporters at Quail Hollow Club in Charlotte, North Carolina.

"I had my reasons not to play Hilton Head," McIlroy said. "I expressed those to Jay and whether he thinks that is enough to warrant. ... You know, look, again, I understood the consequences of that decision before I made it, so whatever happens, happens."

denn

Legendary
Founder
I used to like Rory, or at least respected him a lot. He has eroded that all in the last year. If I was a friend of his, I would reconsider it after what he pulled with guys that were a part of his wedding. Guys who did nothing to him personally. Guys who made a career choice, not a friend choice.

The fact that he is finally shutting up, says to me that he knows he stepped in it. That and him failing to adhere to a series he helped craft, and he did so with a couple tournaments to boot.

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
He was penalized a stroke for waiting more than 10 seconds. I've actually seen players do a count like an NBA ref. Mickelson once stood over the ball and looked at his watch for 10 seconds before tapping in (probably trying to get some extra juice from Rolex).

But that ball appears to be shaking. Hitting a moving ball is a penalty. Kind of feel sorry for the guy, but at least he was tied for 55th, the penalty only cost him a few bucks. Funny thing is Speith telling him to wait, likely that neither of them knew the rule.

denn

Legendary
Founder
He was penalized a stroke for waiting more than 10 seconds. I've actually seen players do a count like an NBA ref. Mickelson once stood over the ball and looked at his watch for 10 seconds before tapping in (probably trying to get some extra juice from Rolex).

But that ball appears to be shaking. Hitting a moving ball is a penalty. Kind of feel sorry for the guy, but at least he was tied for 55th, the penalty only cost him a few bucks. Funny thing is Speith telling him to wait, likely that neither of them knew the rule.
The 10 second count means nothing if the ball is still moving. Only when they ball is completely at rest does that mean anything. From what I have encountered in competition. Speith was correct if he thought the ball was moving. Most of the tour guys know the rule, as well as almost all the other ones, but they are so afraid to make a mistake that rules officials get called in and delay what is already a very slow PGA tour round.

BurntJ

Founder
I enjoy the fact that an LIV player won this major. The PGA of Americas crown jewel. Koepka is playing really well right now too. Shades of his major run good. Should have won the Masters but he laid an egg in the last round.
Yeah....but that MASTERS will always be remembered for the WEIRD. Sooo much rain, trees knocked down, and the slowest/longest final round for players.

It really was an embarrassment to have a slow ass Faggit like Cantlay ruin it. That fuckin guy should be BANNED for his slow ass play.

denn

Legendary
Founder
Yeah....but that MASTERS will always be remembered for the WEIRD. Sooo much rain, trees knocked down, and the slowest/longest final round for players.

It really was an embarrassment to have a slow ass Faggit like Cantlay ruin it. That fuckin guy should be BANNED for his slow ass play.
Or start giving out penalties like they talk about all the time. Make the penalties hurt though. 1st offense = 1 stroke penalty. 2nd offense = 2 stroke penalty. 3rd offense = disqualification. Every bad time after that is an automatic DQ and a fine of 10K.

Then watch how quickly they pick it up.

I don't believe the LIV has pace of play issues like every single other major and even smaller tours around the world. Could be wrong on that but haven't heard anything.

denn

Legendary
Founder
They ARENT......only for the PGA Championship.
Yup, the PGA championship is a PGA of America event, not a PGA tour event. They are separate entities. I believe the USGA allows the players to use them in the US Open as well. Also not a PGA tour event.

BurntJ

Founder
Yup, the PGA championship is a PGA of America event, not a PGA tour event. They are separate entities. I believe the USGA allows the players to use them in the US Open as well. Also not a PGA tour event.
Perfectly stated.....I didnt wanna type it!!!

That was an AWESOME tourney. Brooks was outstanding and MICHAEL BLOCK is the MAN!!!

BurntJ

Founder
Or start giving out penalties like they talk about all the time. Make the penalties hurt though. 1st offense = 1 stroke penalty. 2nd offense = 2 stroke penalty. 3rd offense = disqualification. Every bad time after that is an automatic DQ and a fine of 10K.

Then watch how quickly they pick it up.

I don't believe the LIV has pace of play issues like every single other major and even smaller tours around the world. Could be wrong on that but haven't heard anything.
Yep....I just have NO FAITH in an ORGANIZTION with RULES......THAT DOESN"T ENFORCE THE RULES!

(It's like Liberal Cities these days.....SAD!)

denn

Legendary
Founder
Perfectly stated.....I didnt wanna type it!!!

That was an AWESOME tourney. Brooks was outstanding and MICHAEL BLOCK is the MAN!!!
It was a great tournament. Glad Koepka won and I am not even a fan of his. I just find it difficult to root for guys like Rory and even a guy like Scheffler slipped in my book after he clearly walked on Cam Smiths line last year. Completely intentional. The only guy(s) I kind of root for anymore is John Rahm (and lesser known players on tour.) I have a difficult time with people who trash and disown friends because they found a better work opportunity for themselves. Very disloyal and scummy.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
It was a great tournament. Glad Koepka won and I am not even a fan of his. I just find it difficult to root for guys like Rory and even a guy like Scheffler slipped in my book after he clearly walked on Cam Smiths line last year. Completely intentional. The only guy(s) I kind of root for anymore is John Rahm (and lesser known players on tour.) I have a difficult time with people who trash and disown friends because they found a better work opportunity for themselves. Very disloyal and scummy.

Agree on all fronts. Really like Rahm. Kinda liked Scheffler but didnt know that he intentionally did that to Cam. Not a huge fan of Kopeka but glad to see him win this past weekend.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
I'm seeing many people objecting to the merger because it's with the Saudis. They are bringing up Saudi's involvement in 9/11, which is despicable. Yet, many of the same people are OK with China's involvement with the NBA. China is also a despicable country and their terrorism is no less abhorrent. I submit China has been just as bad or worse given their balloon flights, spies driving Senators around, spies sleeping with Congressmen, TikTok, funding the Biden's, McConnell's and much more. Lest we not forget China's worldwide terrorism in releasing Covid throughout the world. These two countries are not alone in their terroristic misdeeds as they have been abetted by many people within and without government sucking up to the monetary trough of both countries.

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
I'm seeing many people objecting to the merger because it's with the Saudis. They are bringing up Saudi's involvement in 9/11, which is despicable. Yet, many of the same people are OK with China's involvement with the NBA. China is also a despicable country and their terrorism is no less abhorrent. I submit China has been just as bad or worse given their balloon flights, spies driving Senators around, spies sleeping with Congressmen, TikTok, funding the Biden's, McConnell's and much more. Lest we not forget China's worldwide terrorism in releasing Covid throughout the world. These two countries are not alone in their terroristic misdeeds as they have been abetted by many people within and without government sucking up to the monetary trough of both countries.

China buys everyone off.

Remember Daryl Morey merely tweeted in support of Hong Kong and faced a firestorm. Not one of the self-righteous idiots bashing Phil Mickelson et al stood up for Morey. They don't have a moral compass. Or if they do, it's been purchased by the communist Chinese.

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
"I was able to learn yesterday that a player who was recently ranked #1 in the world and a multiple major champion was in advanced discussions with LIV." - Matt Adams

Looks like Jon Rahm was about to go LIV and that forced the PGAT's hand. Rahm leaving would have tipped the scales dramatically.

denn

Legendary
Founder
China buys everyone off.

Remember Daryl Morey merely tweeted in support of Hong Kong and faced a firestorm. Not one of the self-righteous idiots bashing Phil Mickelson et al stood up for Morey. They don't have a moral compass. Or if they do, it's been purchased by the communist Chinese.
I used to not be a fan of Phil much at all. Respected his accomplishments and the fact he did it his way, good or bad, but I’ve grown to really appreciate him. The guy took a stand. Called out the old guard and put himself out there without regard to what others thought, just like he plays the game of golf. He fought to get every tour player more of the take and oddly was bashed for it.

Don’t get me started in the Morley stuff. Sports and politics is generally terrible together. Extreme crap aside.

denn

Legendary
Founder
Looks like out government is sticking its nose in the deal struck between all the golf tours last week. Dick Blumenthal (maybe the most terrible senator in all the land and a big fat stolen valor candidate) has sent a letter to the PIF, PGA Tour and the European Tours about how this deal went down. It amazes me that the very same senator won't even say the name China in any of his talking's publicly but will run to bring down the Saudis. What is the matter Dick? The Saudis are not paying you more than the Chinese are?

denn

Legendary
Founder
Clark starting to fully realize his potential. Always a top notch player at the amateur levels, now he is winning. Good job this past weekend from him.

I saw where Tom Watson is now calling out the Saudi involvement in the PGA tour. Demanding an explanation from the tour. I can only laugh. Maybe Tom was absent the days that the tour was taking monies (The tour takes money from many countries that do not align with the US) from other governments that do not align with the United States. In fact, he knows, but he is too much of a butthead to call out everything instead of the popular topic to call out. Lost respect for so many PGA pros because of all this.

Jayhacker

Legendary
Founder
Clark starting to fully realize his potential. Always a top notch player at the amateur levels, now he is winning. Good job this past weekend from him.

I saw where Tom Watson is now calling out the Saudi involvement in the PGA tour. Demanding an explanation from the tour. I can only laugh. Maybe Tom was absent the days that the tour was taking monies (The tour takes money from many countries that do not align with the US) from other governments that do not align with the United States. In fact, he knows, but he is too much of a butthead to call out everything instead of the popular topic to call out. Lost respect for so many PGA pros because of all this.
It's pretty obvious that china $$$ is good $$$ per the PGA.

denn

Legendary
Founder
Here is a link from ESPN about our favorite Irishman, in part. Apparently he met with the PIF leader in November and never disclosed it publicly. All that holier than thou attitude and abandoning long time friends was just him being a little shit. Wr all knew that anyway but now it turns out he was actually talking to the dredid other side. Rory is like a liberal...don't trust much of what he says. He has a nice guy personna, but anyone who does what he did during all this LIV stuff is someone that none of us need in our lives....especially if you are his "friend."

Also, the virtue signaling from our congress, especially the idiot Blumenthal (sorry America for my state continuing to sedan him to congress when he was so unpopular as the stated AG. We had to get him out of the day to day in this state and so the dems sent him to DC) Well, Blumenthal 9stolen valor is an issue for him that he gets away with) is yapping about the Saudis and their human rights BS, all the while this senator, and all of them honestly, do business with that country every single day. They do business with China and others as well. Crickets there. These hypocrites in our congress are the worst people we have in this country and that is saying something because we have so many terrible people here.

I have never been a Greg Norman fan, but I hope he stays on and runs the LIV and I hope he just gives Rory the middle finger every time he sees him. Tiger too...and that is rough for me to say because Tiger is a guy I used to look to as a sports hero at one point in my life.

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
One guy's take on the merger.

Won't let me paste Mickelson's tweet praising the below for some reason.

Phil Mickelson
https://twitter.com/PhilMickelson
Jul 6

This thread is a long and accurate FULL truth(not half truth) of the LIV/PGA Tour agreement if you’re interested. Well done BobBall and thank you.

A message to the players of the PGA Tour. You are all in trouble & screwed if you don’t support the Framework agreement. I’ve signed similar frameworks with institutional capital, so I also want to tell you what’s really going on with the agreement. I didn’t want to get into the Framework Agreement when it came out because I knew it would be exhausting to engage. It’s designed to be vague in part. Literally, the golf press (sic) and pundits that have gotten everything wrong for the last year were destined to get it wrong again and worse yet, people keep listening to them because it’s all they have in the golf world - no real journalists. It’s been painful to watch. I kid you not, @RichEisenShow actually had on KVanValkenburg from @NoLayingUp as his expert on contractual agreements to explain the Framework. Of course, KVV got it sideways. It’s not his fault & who can blame him for wanting free face time. All of the nonsense that PGA Tour brass is going to get rid of LIV when they are in control is a fool’s wish. The Framework has key points that haven’t been understood and reported correctly.

First, H.E. Yasir Al-Rumayyan will firmly be in control but wants to leave the day-to-day decision making and operations of the different Tours to skilled professionals. KVV got that part correct. Al-Rumayyan’s position as board chair & his first right of refusal for new investment capital are also very important but the real control comes from this key line: "PIF's investment in NewCo, which will include customary protections and standard governance terms for a non-controlling voting interest (including veto/consent rights and preemptive rights for PIF in the event of a future capital raise by NewCo and customary drag/tag rights and transfer restrictions)."

Anyone that's sought institutional investment and signed a final agreement knows what this means. You (PGA Tour) get an investor (PIF), and they now own part of your company that you manage. But, there is a list of things you can't do without the investor’s consent. Those are called "veto/consent rights.” Having signed and negotiated similar documents, I see it pretty clearly; Al-Rumayyan's list will be long (I’ve seen long ones) and will include that LIV cannot be shuttered unless he approves. The new board won’t have the power to sell anything, spend a certain amount of money, enter into certain types of binding agreements, merge with another tour, sign contracts over certain dollar amounts, or come close to even touching LIV without PIF’s consent. Seeing @SharkGregNorman and Al-Rumayyan laughing it up while driving around in their golf cart last week & Norman giving H.E. (His Excellency) a putting lesson speaks volumes. They are being purposefully quiet. For clarity it was reported that Al-Rumayyan told team captains last week that LIV is here to stay. Take that to heart.

Second, actually read the part about “assessing” and “empirically evaluating” PIF by the executives of NewCo.

It says they will evaluate it but everyone has left off the second part which says, "PIF, the PGA TOUR and the DP World Tour will work together in an effort to determine how best to integrate team golf into PGA TOUR and DP World Tour events going forward." PGA Tour sycophants twisted this because Jimmy Dunne deftly left the second part out to stop the pitch forks and tar coming from players after the announcement. This whole clause is in there to protect LIV, make LIV better, and to mandate cooperation.

It says the PGA Tour leadership will assess LIV but it also requires them to figure out how make it better and integrate. He’s requiring them to use all of their knowledge and skills to make LIV teams valuable. Maybe the name and other things will change but LIV always said they would adapt and change whether they merge or not (cue PGA Tour execs that it’s good to embrace change while holding onto some traditions.) Before Al-Rumayyan put a dime into LIV, PIF created a plan where they budgeted everything down to the paperclips. That happened and it’s a 10-year plan. They expected to lay out capital knowing returns come much later (like all private equity investments into companies.) They did massive empirical due diligence on Norman’s idea and used numbers to look into the overall golf market, starved markets (Adelaide) and needed demographic changes.

Al-Rumayyan is requiring NewCo execs to do it properly instead of the ‘way we’ve always done it.’ This is what PIF does. They are extremely savvy investors. In other words, PIF already knows the answer to the empirical study and they know it will show that LIV is a way to bring golf to other parts of the world and get to the needed advertising demographic – younger people.

The biggest danger PGAT Tour players now face is the Agreement not going forward. Monahan and Pelley have admitted PIF’s money really isn’t so bad and got caught previously seeking Saudi investment (see the court docs @desertdufferLLG brilliantly watched for and reported). Just the announcement of a merger opened the floodgates to sponsorships, big TV contracts, and endorsement deals. Anyone having issues with PIF’s investment should read the heartfelt and intellectual post by @NotDrJ that’s pinned on his profile. If the Framework deal doesn’t go through, all of money is going to pour into LIV with absolutely no PGA Tour input or power to share. As I’ve previously said, LIV is the new Formula One of golf. The PGA Tour can be NASCAR but you are in danger of a deep slide backward.

You should also know that players that left for LIV ended up helping you and were far from traitors. They have saved you from the @eamonlynch and Jay Monahan types that have turned their noses up at you and think past Tour economics are fair (while Monahan has been flying in private jets & building lavish headquarter buildings.) Monahan & Co. are the ones that created this false fight with LIV that could have been avoided with real leadership.

On that note, real leaders don’t write up talking points expecting the GOAT @tigerwoods to say what a hardworking and amazing leader you are. Monahan doing that is plainly weird & reminds me of Freud’s coined “leadership transference.” PGA Tour players have been guilty of transference and they only way they can leave is when they “manage” it. In other words, realize Monahan & Pelley are not good leaders and send them packing. Tiger’s response to the ‘greatness’ talking points was telling. Tiger’s strong and has managed.

If you have thought LIV players should face penalties to play on the PGA Tour again, believe me, they won’t when it’s all said and done. LIV players went out on a limb for you and yes, they got paid handsomely to do so, but those players have been classic, high-octane forces for positive change in golf. So, PGA Tour pros are in a tough spot. You now know your leadership is inept and drug the families of 9/11 victims into golf unnecessarily and didn’t even mean it. The court documents released show this and also that the DP World Tour isn’t financially viable. The PGA Tour is borrowing money and using reserves to operate. The elevated events aren’t sustainable without a capital infusion. LIV is now going to get OWGR points (and the snarky emails about the Saudis from OWGR execs is duly noted in PIF land.) Non elevated tournaments will lose sponsors because not enough stars will go to them. TV revenue that’s based on OWGR points is going to plummet.

All of this is going to happen unless this gets fixed. It’s clear that PGA Tour events should continue with only a couple elevated events + LIV (and of course the majors.) Then it comes down to scheduling and the minutia. As a PGA Tour professional, you should be focused on finding new leadership. Monahan, Pelley, and their lieutenants need to go. You need leaders that want both LIV and the PGA Tour to thrive. In fact, those new leaders should champion LIV. You should say your prayers that LIV grows around the world, opening up new endorsement deals and advertising sponsorships. Of course these new leaders should be just as passionate about keeping the PGA Tour alive and thriving. They should respect the traditions of golf while fostering change.

Monahan, Pelley, and their teams have shown their cards (and lack of real leadership) and they lost. You are in deep trouble if you don’t embrace the Framework Agreement and new leaders that are passionate about LIV and the PGA Tour surviving and thriving. It will be interesting to see if Jimmy Dunne can dance the Potomac two step coming up. Health aside, Monahan surely couldn’t. As a world class athlete, are you really going to leave your fate in the people that manipulated and lied to you?

Top Bottom