Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TFSF Golf Thread

denn

Legendary
Founder
PGA tour threw a tantrum when LIV came in and stared doing some things. That tantrum led to them losing complete control of their org. For a few reasons. There is no way the tour wanted the court case to go to discovery. IMO. I think the tour played dirty and got caught. They also would have never been able to last in court. The PIF would have tied them up for years if need be. All the leverage went to the very smart and savvy PIF and LIV. Played the tour like a drum and those ego maniacs that run the tour got their ish handed to them. Moynahan took the right time to be out sick.

I worked with more than a few people that work for the PGA tour and can say that it is great if your name in Tiger or Rory. Start getting lesser names and they do not care. PGA of America is the same way and I was a member of that org for my fair share until I got out of the golf business last summer.

denn

Legendary
Founder
Phil seems like he'd be a blast to hang out with. I know people who like him (on tour and everyday folks) and some hate him, but I am guessing being bored around him would not be an issue. Phil did the players in golf the biggest favor ever and if they do not thank him for is efforts, they are ungrateful morons. Just like when all the old guard complained about all the attention Tiger was getting early in his career. As his career went on, the purses went way up and people soon shut up about that. Forest through the trees.....

denn

Legendary
Founder
For Rory, that's great. He is part of the less than 1% of golfers out there who make so much money off of endorsements, they can pick and choose what and where they want to go and compete. While earning appearance fees in the process. Speaking of endorsements and Rory, has he ever called into question that his Nike gear, that he has made hundreds of millions of $'s off of, make all their stuff in China.....with wages that are less than what an American prisoner makes if he or she has a job in jail? Not a peep from him. Maybe not relevant as to where he would and wouldn't play but I am sick of his holier than thou attitude. He has become insufferable and someone that I actively root against. Which is too bad because when he was younger he was a guy that everyone could like. Not now.

For Rory, that's great. He is part of the less than 1% of golfers out there who make so much money off of endorsements, they can pick and choose what and where they want to go and compete. While earning appearance fees in the process. Speaking of endorsements and Rory, has he ever called into question that his Nike gear, that he has made hundreds of millions of $'s off of, make all their stuff in China.....with wages that are less than what an American prisoner makes if he or she has a job in jail? Not a peep from him. Maybe not relevant as to where he would and wouldn't play but I am sick of his holier than thou attitude. He has become insufferable and someone that I actively root against. Which is too bad because when he was younger he was a guy that everyone could like. Not now.
1689262947530.gif

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder

He's blowing smoke. And being with Nike shows what a massive hypocrite he is. If only a reporter had the guts to ask him about Nike sweatshops.

If the merger happens, he's playing for LIV whether it's under that banner or not. A lot of that endorsement $ would disappear if he weren't regularly playing golf. And from what I've read, team golf is going to be a part of every tour eventually. Going back to the way things were isn't really an option for him and the PGAT. LIV will bleed them of $ and players til there's nothing left.

What I think will eventually happen is Tiger and Rory will break off and start their own tour. Tiger's brand name is the only thing in golf that can compete with the PIF's cash. I think their e-golf or whatever league is a test run for the real thing. I think Tiger wanted to buy the PGAT, but that avenue may be closed to him.

Jayhacker

Legendary
Founder
PGA probably forbids Tour members to bring up NIKE/China anything.

denn

Legendary
Founder
can’t wait for tomorrow, got some great matchups. Hopefully we got in the euros heads
It would be shocking if they can make the comeback. I hope they do. All the head games is one of the tactics they almost had to try. They were/are getting smoked and have to be and play desperate.

Jayhacker

Legendary
Founder
It would be shocking if they can make the comeback. I hope they do. All the head games is one of the tactics they almost had to try. They were/are getting smoked and have to be and play desperate.
How many golf shots have we had to watch where we had no idea where they ended up. Horrible job by NBC in televising this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom