Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TFSF Golf Thread

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Do you have a link to this?
From a Month ago?? NO.....But i do know how to interwebz so....

TIGER COMMENT:

Phil and PGA response:

denn

Legendary
Founder
From a Month ago?? NO.....But i do know how to interwebz so....

TIGER COMMENT:

Phil and PGA response:
Never thought I would be siding on things with Phil over Tiger but I am. Tiger is in the big minority of golfers that don't have to worry about anything. He has zero perspective and even less care for the guys that actually have to pay their way to the events they qualify for. Tiger gets paid to show up at events as opposed to the rank and file. Not Tigers fault as he earned his place in golf, but he pretends everyone else in on a level playing field as him when it comes to those types of things. Phil was correct about just about everything he said and it proved out by the actions of the PGA tour. They bumped up some purses, but they could be doing a heck of a lot more for their players that are not marquee names. Rory and Tiger don't have to worry about anything on tour. They should not be toe ones as mouthpieces for the vast majority of golfers nobody has or ever will hear of. I will say it again, the Saudi league is scaring the crap put of the other tours. Whether they publicly admit it or not.

BurntJ

Founder
Never thought I would be siding on things with Phil over Tiger but I am. Tiger is in the big minority of golfers that don't have to worry about anything. He has zero perspective and even less care for the guys that actually have to pay their way to the events they qualify for. Tiger gets paid to show up at events as opposed to the rank and file. Not Tigers fault as he earned his place in golf, but he pretends everyone else in on a level playing field as him when it comes to those types of things. Phil was correct about just about everything he said and it proved out by the actions of the PGA tour. They bumped up some purses, but they could be doing a heck of a lot more for their players that are not marquee names. Rory and Tiger don't have to worry about anything on tour. They should not be toe ones as mouthpieces for the vast majority of golfers nobody has or ever will hear of. I will say it again, the Saudi league is scaring the crap put of the other tours. Whether they publicly admit it or not.
Perfectly stated....

Once people step back and realise the "RICH GOLFERS" are still making all the decisions of the PGA.....it will continue to get worse.

See the funny thing about this situation for me was, when the PGA started to attack Phil (releasing the gambling info from years ago.....which, check notes, was when he was winning and making the PGA big $$$). It didn't even take a deep dive to notice hugs sums of $$.

So, if the PGA hadnt come for PHIL and LIV.....most people wouldn't have even "looked behind the curtain".......now that it happened, we get Tiger lying and even the PGA admitting it!

denn

Legendary
Founder
Did Rory really say that? After all of his bitching at and ditching lifelong friends over the LIV guys wanting to better themselves?

I do not doubt for one second of Phil's account of the tours reaction to him bringing in a $$ commitment from a tour partner. The tour thought they wouldn't have to d anything like that because of their massively inflated egos. I know people who work for the tour, and I like none of them. They are pretty terrible people and think that when they crap, someone gets cured from cancer. Seriously obtuse people running the show IMO.

Last edited:

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
Did Rory really say that? After all of his bitching at and ditching lifelong friends over the LIV guys wanting to better themselves?

I do not doubt for one second of Phil's account of the tours reaction to him bringing in a $$ commitment from a tour partner. The tour thought they wouldn't have to d anything like that because of their massively inflated egos. I know people who work for the tour, and I like none of them. They are pretty terrible people and think that when they crap, someone gets cured from cancer. Seriously obtuse people running the show IMO.

Yeah, he said it at a press conference before the Players started.

I don't doubt it either. The rest of the players should be furious, PM turning down a billion $. Mickelson started in with Tim Finchem going back to at least 2006 or 2007, at least that I remember. The things he has been after were no doubt from a selfish point of view, but at this stage of his career the things he's been trying to get done were going to benefit guys like Spieth and McIlroy a lot more than they will him. Without Mickelson, LIV might not have happened, and Monahan has no one to blame but himself.

BurntJ

Founder
Talk about a BORING ASS FINISH. That was painful to watch as there was no one actually pushing Scottie. Sure would have been fun to see CAM defend BUT clearly the PGA wants to bore us to death. :ROFLMAO:

denn

Legendary
Founder
Talk about a BORING ASS FINISH. That was painful to watch as there was no one actually pushing Scottie. Sure would have been fun to see CAM defend BUT clearly the PGA wants to bore us to death. :ROFLMAO:
I am not sure of the ratings but i used o watch any and all PGA tour events before the LIV came around. Now I may watch the Masters in a few weeks. Didn't watch one second of the Players. I usually watch most of every round. On top of it not being as interesting anymore, the little I have watched has been watching guys who are not in contention having every shot shown and them talked about while many others who are contending barely get any air time. I get you want to show Rory trying to make the cut on the second day, while needing to make 7 birdies on the back side to do so, but that ain't keeping peoples interest.

BurntJ

Founder
I am not sure of the ratings but i used o watch any and all PGA tour events before the LIV came around. Now I may watch the Masters in a few weeks. Didn't watch one second of the Players. I usually watch most of every round. On top of it not being as interesting anymore, the little I have watched has been watching guys who are not in contention having every shot shown and them talked about while many others who are contending barely get any air time. I get you want to show Rory trying to make the cut on the second day, while needing to make 7 birdies on the back side to do so, but that ain't keeping peoples interest.
YEP!! That's what i was getting at. Also we are the same, except I turned on for a few min. yesterday (while grilling) and its exactly as you described. Announcers getting excited when showing shots hit from players NOT in contention. PGA is too greedy to care....we are now at the point where the PGA has literally ripped off the LIV golf ideas and even Rory has admitted LIV is good for all players everywhere as it has forced the PGA's hand.....yet PGA is too arrogant to work toward the best solution for everyone.

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder

Did you ever notice that many pga players appear on youtube golf channels? The biggest channel is an englishman, Rick Shiels, I think the biggest American channel is a bunch of young guys, called good-good. Why do they appear on videos with these channels? Because they get more exposure from a 30 minute youtube video than anywhere else, other than maybe if they're in contention at a major. Max Homa shot a 59 on a channel called Bob Does Sports, which is hilarious.

The point is golf has a big problem when nonprofessional youtubers often have a bigger audience than their Thur-Sat broadcasts.

denn

Legendary
Founder
Did you ever notice that many pga players appear on youtube golf channels? The biggest channel is an englishman, Rick Shiels, I think the biggest American channel is a bunch of young guys, called good-good. Why do they appear on videos with these channels? Because they get more exposure from a 30 minute youtube video than anywhere else, other than maybe if they're in contention at a major. Max Homa shot a 59 on a channel called Bob Does Sports, which is hilarious.

The point is golf has a big problem when nonprofessional youtubers often have a bigger audience than their Thur-Sat broadcasts.
Yeah, that is an issue. The product is still good. Golf is drunk with great players right now. All over the world. This is an easy time to capitalize on that and most of the tours fumble it every chance they get. The Masters, thus far, do it the right way. They run their own show.

denn

Legendary
Founder
So Rory is going to lose $3 million in PIP revenue for skipping his second designated elevated tournament. All that preaching he did and childishly ditching friends over there own personal career decisions, he just throws away $3 million like it is nothing. This right here is why the upper echelon of players have zero perspective on money. Imagine what that 3 mil means to the 125th ranked player in the world? Rory acted as though he lost a roll of quarters. I suppose Rory is a good guy, but there is something about his that I do not like.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
So Rory is going to lose $3 million in PIP revenue for skipping his second designated elevated tournament. All that preaching he did and childishly ditching friends over there own personal career decisions, he just throws away $3 million like it is nothing. This right here is why the upper echelon of players have zero perspective on money. Imagine what that 3 mil means to the 125th ranked player in the world? Rory acted as though he lost a roll of quarters. I suppose Rory is a good guy, but there is something about his that I do not like.

Never like Rory, not sure why.

But I can’t blame him for this. $3mm isn’t that much money to him and he is free
To make choices as he pleases. He said he needed some time off and I’ll take his word at that.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
My buddy Joe Lacava is now on Cantlays' bag full time. That means a couple things, Tiger is done this year and Cantlay is going to become even better than he is currently. Look for him to challenge #1. IMO.
It also means he is going to be playing some slow ass rounds!

Fix slow play!!!

My buddy Joe Lacava is now on Cantlays' bag full time. That means a couple things, Tiger is done this year and Cantlay is going to become even better than he is currently. Look for him to challenge #1. IMO.
I like Cantlay but can you ask Joe if he knows how slow he is?

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder

Maybe he can help Cantlay not take forever to play 18?

denn

Legendary
Founder
Maybe he can help Cantlay not take forever to play 18?
That is funny because that is what he has been hearing from others on tour. Joe has caddied for Cantlay before and I know Joe does not like slow play whether he is playing or caddying. Cantlay is really slow but I think Lacava can improve him in that area.

denn

Legendary
Founder
Never like Rory, not sure why.

But I can’t blame him for this. $3mm isn’t that much money to him and he is free
To make choices as he pleases. He said he needed some time off and I’ll take his word at that.
I would agree but Rory is one of the players who still hasn't shut up about how hurt he is that the LIV is signing players, ect...The tour had him help choose the elevated events that he has chosen to skip 2 of so far this year. Don't speak like you are a pillar of the golfing community if you are not willing to live up to the standards you helped set. JMO. I think he skipped the event in Hilton Head because he laid an egg at the Masters. If you pretend to be a leader, act like it.

Top Bottom