Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tell us about the worst pain you’ve ever experienced...

Nas

Poster
Ankle replacement. 8 years later broke one of the titanium screws holding it together, it was like Jinga falling down. I'm allergic to whatever is in pain medication. Had to white knuckle it when the nerve block wore off.

They put cadaver bone plugs in my main ankle bone.

CurtOFD78

Elite
Complete rupture of my left Achilles doing box jumps.

I'd rather you give me paper cuts across my eyeballs and scrotum and pour rubbing alcohol on them then do that again.

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
Broke my left forearm in a ten ton vault door when I was 18 working on ICBMs in North Dakota. Snapped the bone, and dislocated all kinds of stuff. Did not poke through the skin or I would have @died from shock.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Kidney stone... hands down.

Childbirth 4X no drugs.

When I was seven, I fell from the high bar while learning to complete a giant. When I fell, my arm cushioned my behind from the full impact. Broke my ulna and radius right above the wrist and somehow they crossed in the excitement. That was fun. The doctor was so focused on the carnage of my arm, he never thought to check my back. 12 years later... finally figured out why I had back pain equivalent to a 90 year old with arthritis.... Crushed 2 vertebrae.

That was an extra treat throughout pregnancy. Along with random pelvic separation/ dislocation. Just a blast.

I have ripped every thing in my shoulders, dislocated my right knee cap, tore up both ankles, dislocated and separated my right elbow, fell off a landscape wall chin to the ground, more stitches over the years than I can count....

It's not uncommon to find me on the floor with my kid's lacrosse ball wedged under my lower back/butt just so I can get my back to relax.

That kidney stone still wins, though. The only time I've ever puked from pain.

Last edited:

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Probably when I fractured my radius/ulna on a camping trip when I was 12, in the mountains along the Chattooga river. Got to spend the night and hike 6 miles out the next day, then ride home for medical attention.

Honorable mention- dislocated shoulder, or C4-5 herniated disc. That might have actually been the worst because of the long, never-ending nature of that pain.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Explaining to America 1st that he’s a crypto court jester

Physically it’s when I Stuck paper clips in an electrical outlet when I was 9 and that was a really deep nerve pain that fucked me up for a while

The trick to the paperclip, is to stick it through a pencil eraser before poking it in the socket!

tumblr_nj4fgeWetz1qk08n1o1_500.gif

CurtOFD78

Elite
Kidney stone... hands down.

Childbirth 4X no drugs.

When I was seven, I fell from the high bar while learning to complete a giant. When I fell, my arm cushioned my behind from the full impact. Broke my ulna and radius right above the wrist and somehow they crossed in the excitement. That was fun. The doctor was so focused on the carnage of my arm, he never thought to check my back. 12 years later... finally figured out why I had back pain equivalent to a 90 year old with arthritis.... Crushed 2 vertebrae.

That was an extra treat throughout pregnancy. Along with random pelvic separation/ dislocation. Just a blast.

I have ripped every thing in my shoulders, dislocated my right knee cap, tore up both ankles, dislocated and separated my right elbow, fell off a landscape wall chin to the ground, more stitches over the years than I can count....

It's not uncommon to find me on the floor with my kid's lacrosse ball wedged under my lower back/butt just so I can get my back to relax.

That kidney stone still wins, though. The only time I've ever puked from pain.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Bruised sciatic nerve in a car wreck, best way to describe it is having gas poured on your leg and set on fire. Also broke my neck in that wreck but that nerve was excruciating pain.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Either compound fracture of my femur at 13 which was really intense when happened or the 5 yrs before I had back surgery from 23-28. That longterm pain will ruin your entire world. Could only pass out to sleep. Pain meds sucked and muscle relaxes were a joke. After the surgery i wouldnt tale any drugs and was sick for 2 weeks w withdrawals. But that wasnt nearly as bad as the everyday every move pain that was my back

Shaun52

SCAR Cawk Connoisseur
Founder
PRK eye correction surgery. They placed the 24 hour ‘bandaid’ contact lense on me and it had a tear. Overnight was like sandpaper against my eyeball. Had to basically OD on pain killers to knock myself out.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
@ threadbot - Kidney stone. No other pain i have ever had even comes close. My mother had a kidney stone and she said this when I told her i had one removed - "I have had babies and I have had kidney stones and I would much rather have a baby.

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
In HS, I had a sty(sp?) remove from the inside of my eyelid.

Sat in the chair and Dr. proceeds to give me a shot directly into the eyeball. Instant flop sweat.

Then he went to the scalpel BEFORE the numbing took effect.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Broke my left forearm in a ten ton vault door when I was 18 working on ICBMs in North Dakota. Snapped the bone, and dislocated all kinds of stuff. Did not poke through the skin or I would have @died from shock.

Daggum, did you working with the ICBMs?

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
Daggum, did you working with the ICBMs?
First 7 years. Grand Forks then OTE at Vandenburg. Arm was caught in the door of the Launch Support Building. Was lifted out by stretcher then helo ride back to base. Still have a 6 inch plate with 6 screws in my arm. First and last time I had morphine. That shit was good

MeridianOSU

Legendary
Founder
Having a 1400 pound cow step directly on my mouth after being nocked down. Lost 5 teeth when I was 11 years old. Cutting off my pinky finger. Who knew so many nerve endings could throb that much.

Thasubliminal

Elite
Founder
Im a bit accident prone (not clumsy). Have broken bones, accidentally nailed my fingers to a house using a pneumatic nail gun when I was 18, etc.

But the worst was in college, I was eating a sandwich outside and reading the State news. Bit the sandwich and crunched into something. Thought it was weird, then I felt shooting pain under my tongue. A yellowJacket had landed on my sandwich and the stinger ended up going into the underside of my tongue towards the rear.

Tried ice chips, was salivating - luckily no swelling. Finally drove myself to the hospital and asked them to shoot it with novocaine. They did not oblige me and gave me benadryl. Wore off after about an hour.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
I remember this thread from that other place... So I will give the same answer I did back then.

Circumcision... I couldn't walk for a year afterwards.
Story time.

One of the MDs I worked with while in the Navy did a circumcision on a guy. The patient was told no running, jumping or standing for 1 week. About 530 PM here comes this guy walking down the street with the front of his uniform a bloody mess. He had played basketball and popped all his stitches. Packed his "injured" member in ice for about 15 minutes before it was resewn.

yankmenoodle

Elite
I heard a guy talking about hunting in snow. Squatted to take a dump and crapped on a bear trap. Trap clamped on his balls. He said the real pain was when he ran out of chain.

yankmenoodle

Elite
Worst immediate pain is a toss up between cutting my eye with a bullwhip, and slicing frozen sausage one morning, I cut the tip of my little finger off.

theDane8106

Elite
Founder
Surgery recovery for umbilical hernia was long and very painful. Never had a broken bone or anything so I can't compare.

Rva

Was in the original thread from day one trophy 🏆
Founder
I'll add another one for kidney stones.
Nothing worse. The last ones I had they had to put a stint up my penis for 3 days. I had a string hanging out of the end like a long tampon string. It hurt so bad I had my Xwife (we were dating at the time hold my hand when I peed.

After that I swore off salt, soda, and nuts. Not a problem since.

Top Bottom