Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What was the best road trip you have ever had?

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
Mine was taking 3 weeks to drive from the east coast to the west coast. Took two days to drive across Texas. Used a Rand McNally Atlas in those days. Got up each morning, my brother was with me - driving behind me in his car, and as we ate breakfast in a Waffle House we would decide where to drive that day. Had as little of an agenda as possible other than seeing the coolest shit we could. Always stayed in a Motel 6 thanks to Tom Bodet- he left the lights on for us.

A few breathtaking locations were The Grand Canyon - it was unreal. Mind blower. Monument Valley. Meteor Crater. Painted desert. Smokies. Say road signs that actually said "Last Gas for 257 Miles." Straight as an arrow going out of sight roads. Driving for an hour and never seeing another car. Stopping at night in the middle of Arizona and laying on the front of the car and seeing nothing but stars against a pitch black sky. Boulder Dam.

Went into one bar in a small town and when we walked in every man in there turned and looked at us. We felt it. We looked at each. Turned around and got the hell out of there. Got to San Francisco. Had just crossed the bay Bridge and stopped at a red light. Two gays walked in front of us and one reach around and squeezed his lovers ass. Welcome to San Francisco. Visited Pebble Beach - God's own golf course.

And to top it all off - drove highway 1 - the coast highway. If is is not the most beautiful and breathtaking drive on the planet I can't imagine what is. Ended up in LA and stayed there 10 years. My brother stopped in Reno and dealt black jack for two years. That we without a doubt the most awesome three weeks of my life. I never forget it.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I feel like road trip and vacation are not necessarily the same. So for my favorite road trip-

Sophmore year at Carolina, 3 friends and I went on what was my favorite road trip. I am a huge Led Zeppelin fan. We drove all night Thursday after class from Columbia, SC to Memphis. Saw Jimmy Page and Robert Plant play that night at the Pyramid, then went to some random party at MSU.

The next morning, we drove an hour to Oxford, Ms to tailgate at the grove and watch our Gamecocks choke against the Rebels. Stayed at the Pike house that night, where they had a huge party with Led Zeppelin cover band, Zoso, playing. The weekend was a blur, but from what I remember it was a blast. Rough 10 hour drive home that Sunday, for sure.

skramer100

Elite
Founder
Few good ones in college.

Freshman year 4 of us drove to New Orleans from Tally to see PJ. Lone girl with us hit it off with me and we tried to get together but got cockblocked. Hooked up 2 days later in her dorm.

Sophomore year drove from Tally to Lauderdale for PJ again. Had 4 tickets, one was for a girl I was trying to nail. Dude driving car was a dick and used his ride for tickets for his friends. So no sex.

Freshman year roommate and I drove up to Elon for FSU-UNC game. Stayed with friends from high school. Hooked up both nights, Noles rolled over Heels, got a unc cheerleaders number, saw a sign driving home that said home of Charlie ward, heismam trophy winner at FSU. Spent an hour trying to get it to no avail. I miss college.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder

Freshman year 4 of us drove to New Orleans from Tally to see PJ. Lone girl with us hit it off with me and we tried to get together but got cockblocked. Hooked up 2 days later in her dorm.

Sophomore year drove from Tally to Lauderdale for PJ again. Had 4 tickets, one was for a girl I was trying to nail. Dude driving car was a dick and used his ride for tickets for his friends. So no sex.

Freshman year roommate and I drove up to Elon for FSU-UNC game. Stayed with friends from high school. Hooked up both nights, Noles rolled over Heels, got a unc cheerleaders number, saw a sign driving home that said home of Charlie ward, heismam trophy winner at FSU. Spent an hour trying to get it to no avail. I miss college.
In college I called it "sportfucking" - no aides, no problem - girls were 3 to 1 and it was nothing but juicy, low hanging fruit.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder

Guaranteed we ran in to one another at some point and didn’t realize it.

To add to the thread... I’d say when my dad said “hey come outside, bring your glove.” Thinking it was a normal baseball practice. Go outside and there is a ginormous RV. With my best friend and his dad and hear “skipping AAU this summer, let’s go around the country.”

I will never do it again but it was pretty cool. Ever since college, anything over 4 hours is a plane for me. Whether it’s private or whatever. But I’ll never understand anyone that drives over 4 hours.

Top Bottom