Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Statesman or Sellout Installment 1 Teddy Roosevelt

Do you Believe Teddy Roosevelt to be a Statesman or a Sellout?

• Statesman

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Sellout/Progressive

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • IDK

• Trus the Plan

• Both Sides

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cincinattus91

Elite
Founder
Let's see what we the people have to say

After a few days, I'll post some quotes and notes on our good friend Teddy and see if that moves the dial

Cincinattus91

Elite
Founder
I don't know much about his politics but he lead an interesting life. I'll start my vote with Statesman but you can educate me and change my mind.
That's my intention exactly my friend, compel research for me and others so we can figure things out

I'll start with a quote from Mark Twain on TR and build as we go, “Mr. Roosevelt is the most formidable disaster that has befallen the country since the Civil War – but the vast mass of the nation loves him, is frantically fond of him, even idolizes him. This is the simple truth. It sounds like a libel upon the intelligence of the human race, but it isn’t; there isn’t any way to libel the intelligence of the human race.”

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
That's my intention exactly my friend, compel research for me and others so we can figure things out

I'll start with a quote from Mark Twain on TR and build as we go, “Mr. Roosevelt is the most formidable disaster that has befallen the country since the Civil War – but the vast mass of the nation loves him, is frantically fond of him, even idolizes him. This is the simple truth. It sounds like a libel upon the intelligence of the human race, but it isn’t; there isn’t any way to libel the intelligence of the human race.”
Wasn’t Teddy the one who took a trip down the Amazon river? Pretty sure I read a book about it, long time ago though.

Cincinattus91

Elite
Founder
Wasn’t Teddy the one who took a trip down the Amazon river? Pretty sure I read a book about it, long time ago though.
He was an avid and accomplished outdoorsman

Moreso, I beleive in his early day a genuine model American that became warped in the messy process of politics and ascendency within that depraved cesspool

Following his election as VP in 1900, TR thanked his financeers and employers by throwing JP Morgan a lavish party. The cozy relationship between "populist" TR and JP Morgan is well established

Amazon product ASIN 1493025775

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
A great man that had shady politics. He's the type of guy that you'd love to have as a friend but he'd fuck you if he didn't like you and feel justified in doing it.

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder

Twain is just jealous the teddy bear wasn’t named after him… the marky bear.

HnstTune

Elite
Founder
His contributions to conservation with the creation of the national parks are to be celebrated. It’s his greatest achievement as president. Beyond that I don’t know much about his politics but I appreciate the information you’ve been providing over the last couple of days.

denn

Legendary
Founder
A great man that had shady politics. He's the type of guy that you'd love to have as a friend but he'd fuck you if he didn't like you and feel justified in doing it.
Take out the "great man," and a person you would love to have as a friend parts...you just described the president before Trump.

Someone, Cincinnati, can correct me if I am wrong but TR is responsible for federal income tax and an inheritance tax. I am not a big fan of those and neither should anyone else.

Last edited:

Cincinattus91

Elite
Founder
Take out the "great man," and a person you would love to have as a friend parts...you just described the president before Trump.

Someone, Cincinnati, can correct me if I am wrong but TR is responsible for federal income tax and an inheritance tax. I am not a big fan of those and neither should anyone else.
Exactly, here's a snippet of his revealing New Nationalsm Speech in 1919

"Therefore, I believe in a graduated income tax on big fortunes, and in another tax which is far more easily collected and far more effective-a graduated inheritance tax on big fortunes, properly safeguarded against evasion, and increasing rapidly in amount with the size of the estate."

Cincinattus91

Elite
Founder
His contributions to conservation with the creation of the national parks are to be celebrated. It’s his greatest achievement as president. Beyond that I don’t know much about his politics but I appreciate the information you’ve been providing over the last couple of days.
He was very popular and possessed many enviable qualites and noble intentions

He was also born into high soceity, a friend and benefactor of JP Morgan, and the most effective, influential early salesman of Progressivism

Last edited:

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
I don't know much about his politics but he lead an interesting life. I'll start my vote with Statesman but you can educate me and change my mind.
I have read two biographies of Teddy. Theodore Rex by Edmund Morris and The Rise of Teddy Roosevelt, but Morris as well.

Look up the part where he was giving a speech outside - an assassin shot him in the shoulder with a high powered rifle - he kept both hands on the podium and never broke his speech pattern - he finished the speech. Now, you tell me what kind of man he was and if you don't say statesman (and stud and badass) you're just simply in need of further historical education.

You can find the synopsis on google. He could kick your ass, my ass, croot overlords ass, balatas ass, chingchongdongwong ass and four more asses at once.

FROM WIKIPEDIA - As an experienced hunter and anatomist, Roosevelt correctly concluded that since he was not coughing blood, the bullet had not reached his lung, and he declined suggestions to go to the hospital immediately. Instead, he delivered his scheduled speech with blood seeping into his shirt. He spoke for 90 minutes before completing his speech and accepting medical attention. His opening comments to the gathered crowd were, "Ladies and gentlemen, I don't know whether you fully understand that I have just been shot, but it takes more than that to kill a Bull Moose."

Last edited:

Mahozzle

Elite
Founder
Exactly, here's a snippet of his revealing New Nationalsm Speech in 1919

"Therefore, I believe in a graduated income tax on big fortunes, and in another tax which is far more easily collected and far more effective-a graduated inheritance tax on big fortunes, properly safeguarded against evasion, and increasing rapidly in amount with the size of the estate."
Did he explain why am Inheritance tax is not government money grab?
If you think that one generation gaining wealth and passing the wealth down to the next generation is a bad thing, why not ask them to donate that money to a charity or a gift to an organization rather than just confiscate money that’s already been taxed?

Cre8ive

Founder
If you think that one generation gaining wealth and passing the wealth down to the next generation is a bad thing, why not ask them to donate that money to a charity or a gift to an organization rather than just confiscate money that’s already been taxed?
you got some very interesting points there - do you know any of the reasons why to all of those questions you have asked, or is it rhetorical?

Cincinattus91

Elite
Founder
Basically to redistrubute wealth

It was packaged as a way to level the playing field for all

TJHall1

Legendary
I have read two biographies of Teddy. Theodore Rex by Edmund Morris and The Rise of Teddy Roosevelt, but Morris as well.

Look up the part where he was giving a speech outside - an assassin shot him in the shoulder with a high powered rifle - he kept both hands on the podium and never broke his speech pattern - he finished the speech. Now, you tell me what kind of man he was and if you don't say statesman (and stud and badass) you're just simply in need of further historical education.

You can find the synopsis on google. He could kick your ass, my ass, croot overlords ass, balatas ass, chingchongdongwong ass and four more asses at once.

FROM WIKIPEDIA - As an experienced hunter and anatomist, Roosevelt correctly concluded that since he was not coughing blood, the bullet had not reached his lung, and he declined suggestions to go to the hospital immediately. Instead, he delivered his scheduled speech with blood seeping into his shirt. He spoke for 90 minutes before completing his speech and accepting medical attention. His opening comments to the gathered crowd were, "Ladies and gentlemen, I don't know whether you fully understand that I have just been shot, but it takes more than that to kill a Bull Moose."

I'm 99% sure you're a troll like dickeater and buccuck.

Or you're just a complete nut job like you come off as on the podcasts.

Astragalus

Poster
Founder
19603E75-B394-492A-ABBE-9939059E3176.jpegTR was a man who truly seemed larger than life. Don’t know a whole lot about his politics, but based on his accomplishments in the Spanish American War, his love of nature and conservation/land management, and his tenacity, he gets a thumbs up from me.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder

While still badass...it was definitely not a high powered rifle, and not during the speech. Teddy was shot a little while before his speech with a pistol, and the anemic .38 S&W round. The slow little bullet hit his glasses case, and went through his folded up speech, then breaking a rib but not even entering his chest cavity.

Cre8ive

Founder
While still badass...it was definitely not a high powered rifle, and not during the speech. Teddy was shot a little while before his speech with a pistol, and the anemic .38 S&W round. The slow little bullet hit his glasses case, and went through his folded up speech, then breaking a rib but not even entering his chest cavity.
I pulled my info directly from wikipedia. whatever.

Cre8ive

Founder
I'm 99% sure you're a troll like dickeater and buccuck.

Or you're just a complete nut job like you come off as on the podcasts.
I did some more research and I was wrong. He did get shot prior to the speech. Thank god for 1%.😜

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I did some more research and I was wrong. He did get shot prior to the speech. Thank god for 1%.😜

It is still badass to be shot and not go to the hospital, but go give a speech first, with the bullet lodged in your chest/rib. Apparently they left the bullet there, and he carried it with him for the rest of his life.

Interesting read on it-

Top Bottom