Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

So how much traffic can we realistically expect here?

JuliusLeRoy

Elite
Founder
4DB2043B-9B21-4FA7-A0AD-B4C44B4BA6B1.gif

Fever757

Poster
Founder
Any former good posters that we can hijack from the-mainboard.com? I know that it's a liberal bastion of horse shit now, but some good guys left us when that secession happened seven or eight years ago.

Lit Dawg

Poster
A good friend recommended this place, what exactly did (yahoo) do to instigate the change? They censoring speech over there?

I browse a famous (in) LSU site now, political talk is pretty anti-woke fyi. No fricks given there. LSUFreek's (now retired) gifs brought me there.

TJHall1

Legendary
A good friend recommended this place, what exactly did (yahoo) do to instigate the change? They censoring speech over there?

I browse a famous (in) LSU site now, political talk is pretty anti-woke fyi. No fricks given there. LSUFreek's (now retired) gifs brought me there.
Yes, that's basically what they're doing. Fucking sucks over there now.

croot_lord

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Once we have everything transitioned to the new server we should be able to handle a much heavier load. We should be able to hand several thousand users posting and reading threads at one time when we upgrade. This current server was designed for small businesses to be able to host their site. The load that a forum draws on a server is significantly greater than what our current infrastructure was designed for.

Last edited:

Lit Dawg

Poster
I get it now. Funny (slit my wrists) thing is "their" remaining posters are probably gloating right now.

Let them laugh (for now).

MarineMountie

Poster
Founder
One issue is having two boards right off jump. Not enough users to split it. 2nd, the people only posting in 1 thread aren't helping. Good people, just aren't helping with board pace and growth.

Quatch$

Elite
Once we have everything transitioned to the new server we should be able to hand a much heavier load. We should be able to hand several thousand users posting and reading threads at one time when we upgrade. This current server was designed for small businesses to be able to host their site. The load that a forum draws on a server is significantly greater than what our current infrastructure was designed for.
That’s what she said

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
It's going to pick up but we need to keep obvious trolls out. Lot of people lurked on MB because they were afraid to get outed and fvcked with over there.

Lot of good posters only posted a few post/year but they were solid and funny post. We need to up those #'s. Those were rookie #s.

Nash Ketchum

Poster
One issue is having two boards right off jump. Not enough users to split it. 2nd, the people only posting in 1 thread aren't helping. Good people, just aren't helping with board pace and growth.
This. I wish we could merge this with the discord. I like this format better but there seems to be more posters on the discord

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I have no idea how it happened so fast but I don’t think we are gonna have any problem with traffic here.

The two forums are gonna be critical because one can be for polite political discussion and is safe for work and conspiracy theories and the other is, well, not any of those things

I’ve been holding off on trying to add members because the server can’t keep up - everything we’ve had so far has just been organic

Top Bottom