Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Satan's Plan

Satan's plan

What was Satan's plan in Eden ?
To slander God.
To undermine his sovereignty.
To usurp his position.

It is not difficult to recognize Satan's plan in Eden.
Another matter is to prove that it is still his goal today, because "in the world" he has succeeded. (1 Jo 5:19 We know ... that the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.)

How would Satan go about realising his plan ?

• Slander
The first deception was "you will not die", since it was obvious that death came to all. The concept of an immortal soul was devised. This made it possible to claim that death was only a portal to another life.
This was in effect a means of continuing the first lie that became the foundation of two other lies, life in Heaven or Hell.
These lies would eventually undermine God's plan to bring to life those sleeping in death through the resurrection.

• Undermining God's sovereignty.
By putting in question the moral basis of Gods sovereignty, Satan introduced mankind to doubt God's "right" to exercise his authority over them causing a division amongst them concerning "who" they should give their allegiance to, by their action they effectively transferred it to Satan.
Since the issue raised was "justification" and "recognition" of authority and not "power", God did not remove the freedom of choice He created them with and allowed Satan to exercise a limited sovereignty over the earth.
At that point, with the help of mankind Satan had succeeded undermining - for a time- God's sovereignty.

• Usurping God's throne.
Having nearly full control over mankind's affairs, how could Satan create the illusion that God has forfeited his position without revealing the author of the deception?

First Step:
Creating a three headed entity called the Trinity in 320 A.D. as the "Christian" God.

Second Step:
Removing God's personal name "Yahweh" from Bible translations and replacing it with a title "Lord".

Third Step:
Claiming the "Lord" of the O.T. and the "Lord" of the N.T. are the same.

The deception is complete.
In Christendom's mind, the son has replaced the father and has become God the father and is sitting on his throne.
The new mainstream"Christian" slogan is :
Jesus Is God!

2 Th 2:3 Let no one in any way deceive you, for (the day of the Lord) will not come unless the apostasy comes first, ...

Well that sucks
Well put!
Succinctly but full of meaning.
This is especially true for the deceivers and to a lesser degree those that erroneously follow them.

For the rest there is hope after the storm.

Luk 21:28 “But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

AgEngDawg

Legendary
What is "CHRIST"?
You mean who is Christ.

"But Jesus was not just a man – Jesus was fully divine. There are both direct Scriptural claims and implications from the Bible that teach Jesus’ divinity. Here are a few reasons we know Jesus is God.

The New Testament uses the Greek word for ‘God’ (theos or θεός) to describe Jesus (John 1:1Open in Logos Bible Software (if available), 1:18Open in Logos Bible Software (if available), 20:28Open in Logos Bible Software (if available), Romans 9:5Open in Logos Bible Software (if available), Titus 2:13Open in Logos Bible Software (if available), Hebrews 1:8Open in Logos Bible Software (if available), 2 Peter 1:1Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)).
‘Lord’ (kurios or κύριος) is used to describe Jesus. This is the same word the Greek Old Testament (Septuagint) translated the formal name for God (yhwh, יְהוָֹה). This indicates the New Testament authors believed Jesus was God from the Old Testament (Matthew 3:3Open in Logos Bible Software (if available), Luke 1:43Open in Logos Bible Software (if available), 2:11Open in Logos Bible Software (if available), 1 Corinthians 8:6Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)).
Jesus claimed to be the “I am,” the same name for the Old Testament God. (Exodus 3:14Open in Logos Bible Software (if available), John 8:58Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)).
Jesus called himself the “Son of man” 84 times in the four gospels – see Matthew 16:13Open in Logos Bible Software (if available), etc). This was a Messianic title given in Daniel the Prophet (Daniel 7:13-14Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)).
Jesus is the creator of the world which is something only God could do (John 1:3Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)).
The disciples believed he knew everything, an attribute of God (John 16:30Open in Logos Bible Software (if available), 21:17Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)).
Jesus was worshiped by his disciples and angels (Hebrews 1:6Open in Logos Bible Software (if available), Revelation 19:10Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)).
Speaking of Jesus, Paul said, “For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily” (Colossians 2:9Open in Logos Bible Software (if available))."

TheResister

Elite
You mean who is Christ.

"But Jesus was not just a man – Jesus was fully divine. There are both direct Scriptural claims and implications from the Bible that teach Jesus’ divinity. Here are a few reasons we know Jesus is God.

The New Testament uses the Greek word for ‘God’ (theos or θεός) to describe Jesus (John 1:1Open in Logos Bible Software (if available), 1:18Open in Logos Bible Software (if available), 20:28Open in Logos Bible Software (if available), Romans 9:5Open in Logos Bible Software (if available), Titus 2:13Open in Logos Bible Software (if available), Hebrews 1:8Open in Logos Bible Software (if available), 2 Peter 1:1Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)).
‘Lord’ (kurios or κύριος) is used to describe Jesus. This is the same word the Greek Old Testament (Septuagint) translated the formal name for God (yhwh, יְהוָֹה). This indicates the New Testament authors believed Jesus was God from the Old Testament (Matthew 3:3Open in Logos Bible Software (if available), Luke 1:43Open in Logos Bible Software (if available), 2:11Open in Logos Bible Software (if available), 1 Corinthians 8:6Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)).
Jesus claimed to be the “I am,” the same name for the Old Testament God. (Exodus 3:14Open in Logos Bible Software (if available), John 8:58Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)).
Jesus called himself the “Son of man” 84 times in the four gospels – see Matthew 16:13Open in Logos Bible Software (if available), etc). This was a Messianic title given in Daniel the Prophet (Daniel 7:13-14Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)).
Jesus is the creator of the world which is something only God could do (John 1:3Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)).
The disciples believed he knew everything, an attribute of God (John 16:30Open in Logos Bible Software (if available), 21:17Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)).
Jesus was worshiped by his disciples and angels (Hebrews 1:6Open in Logos Bible Software (if available), Revelation 19:10Open in Logos Bible Software (if available)).
Speaking of Jesus, Paul said, “For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily” (Colossians 2:9Open in Logos Bible Software (if available))."

Having a hard time understanding your source material. If available is not an option if we are to verify and understand your points.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
No. That is your own meaning.

What is "CHRIST"?

Here you go. If you question the deity of Christ, you have the wrong view of Christ and you do not have Christ.

Go to B and look at the Deity of Christ, click on download lesson plan.

Also the Chalcedonian Creed:

We, then, following the holy Fathers, all with one consent, teach men to confess one and the same Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, the same perfect in Godhead and also perfect in manhood ; truly God and truly man, of a reasonable soul and body; consubstantial [homoousios-- “same nature”] with the Father according to the Godhead, and consubstantial with us according to the Manhood; in all things like unto us, without sin; begotten before all ages of the Father according to the Godhead, and in these latter days, for us and for our salvation, born of the Virgin Mary, the Mother of God, according to the Manhood; one and the same Christ, Son, Lord, Only-begotten, to be acknowledged in two natures , inconfusedly, unchangeably , indivisibly, inseparably ; the distinction of natures being by no means taken away by the union, but rather the property of each nature being preserved , and concurring in one Person and one Subsistence, not parted or divided into two persons , but one and the same Son, and only begotten, God the Word, the Lord Jesus Christ, as the prophets from the beginning have declared concerning him, and the Lord Jesus Christ himself has taught us, and the Creed of the holy Fathers has handed down to us.

n6030

Poster
Here you go. If you question the deity of Christ, you have the wrong view of Christ and you do not have Christ.
Again, this is another response that completely evades answering the question at all.

Earlier you stated:
"CHRIST IS NOT A CREATED BEING!!!!"

To which you were asked the following:
What is "CHRIST"?

Could you answer this simple question, What is "CHRIST"?, in your own words please.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Again, this is another response that completely evades answering the question at all.

Earlier you stated:
"CHRIST IS NOT A CREATED BEING!!!!"

To which you were asked the following:
What is "CHRIST"?

Could you answer this simple question, What is "CHRIST"?, in your own words please.
I got your game. You are trying to limit Jesus to just the Messiah. You are wrong and the consequences are great. Come to Jesus and drink of the living water he freely offers.

If you question the deity of Christ, you have the wrong view of Christ and you do not have Christ.
100% Muslims for example, know if his existence, but question his divinity
Christ, in this context refers to Jesus of Nazareth, or Jesus Christ. "Christ" as means many things in translation, all equal to "the anointed one" or "messiah"....

....not the most simple answer to a more than simple question.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
100% Muslims for example, know if his existence, but question his divinity

Christ, in this context refers to Jesus of Nazareth, or Jesus Christ. "Christ" as means many things in translation, all equal to "the anointed one" or "messiah"....

....not the most simple answer to a more than simple question.
I was listening to Pastor John MacArthur the other day and he was reviewing a book about leaving the Church of Scotland because of affirming homosexuality.

MacArthur said these people are missing the point. He said his question for the people leaving the Church of Scotland is "Why didn't you leave when the Church of Scotland began questioning the deity of Jesus Christ?"

You should have took your stand when they questioned Christ. Now people think you are leaving just because of homosexuality which you should.

However, the Church was apostate from the moment they questioned the deity of Jesus.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
I was listening to Pastor John MacArthur the other day and he was reviewing a book about leaving the Church of Scotland because of affirming homosexuality.

MacArthur said these people are missing the point. He said his question for the people leaving the Church of Scotland is "Why didn't you leave when the Church of Scotland began questioning the deity of Jesus Christ?"

You should have took your stand when they questioned Christ. Now people think you are leaving just because of homosexuality which you should.

However, the Church was apostate from the moment they questioned the deity of Jesus.
Johnny Mac says it better than I can. This is the transcript:

"This characterizes entire denominations across the world in an American history, even up to today. This characterizes “Christian universities and seminaries.” They think they’re rich materially, they think they’re rich in spiritual knowledge, they have the elevated knowledge, and they don’t know their condition – the condition that comes to anybody who has a wrong view of Christ. When the major denominations began to attack the deity of Christ, it was clear evidence that Laodicea had become the norm.

I had the opportunity to do a book review while I was over in Scotland, and Iain Murray gave me a book and asked if I would review it was featuring the idea that it was sad for people to have to leave the Church of Scotland. They finally had come – some people had come to the conclusion they had to leave the Church of Scotland; and what triggered that was same-sex marriage and the ordination of homosexuals.

So I read the book, and it’s really well done. And good people wrote the book, good people, faithful people. But my response to the book was this: “You didn’t leave when they denied the Bible. You didn’t leave when they denied the deity of Christ. Now you’re leaving over same-sex marriage? You’re going to be accused of making that the high ground, and you’re going to reinforce the idea that Christians are just people who have a different set of social morals. How could you stay when they denied the inspiration and authority of Scripture? How could you stay when they denied the deity of Christ; and now you leave? I’m glad you leave, but I think it’s going to be misunderstood, it’s going to be misunderstood.”

Once they deny Scripture and deny Christ, it’s Laodicea. “You don’t know – ” He says “ – that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked.”

Look, there’s nothing you can do with those words to make them Christians. Christians are not wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked. So when you’re asking, “Who are these people?” these are non-Christians in a church, a church of non-Christians, the sickening condition of thinking you’re spiritually rich, when you’re bankrupt; of thinking you’re beautiful, when you’re wretched; of imagining that you’re to be envied, when you’re to be pitied; of believing you see everything clearly, when you see nothing and are stone blind; feeling you are clothed in spiritual finery, when you’re naked. You may have your bank account, you may wear your black wool, you may have your eye salve; but spiritually, you are miserable, wretched, poor, blind, and naked, and you are to be most pitied. You have no riches with God, you wear no robes of righteousness, you see no spiritual reality, and you don’t know it."

n6030

Poster
I got your game. You are trying to limit Jesus to just the Messiah. You are wrong and the consequences are great. Come to Jesus and drink of the living water he freely offers.
Initially you were asked a very simple question: (Q1) What is "CHRIST"?

Your 1st response was: "You mean who is Christ."

An obvious error which had to be corrected and the original question in it's original form was once again asked of you: (Q1) What is "CHRIST"?

Your 2nd response was: "If you question the deity of Christ, you have the wrong view of Christ and you do not have Christ."

Now your second response is another obvious error and still completely fails to address the original question, meanwhile you've gone to the extra effort of conflating your own faulty assumptions, subsequently used for fabricating false accusations.
Yet again your error was corrected and the original question was clarified once more before being asked of you for the third time: (Q1) What is "CHRIST"?

Your 3rd response was: "I got your game. You are trying to limit Jesus to just the Messiah. You are wrong and the consequences are great."

Another obvious error which persists evading the original simple question asked of you 3 times: What is "CHRIST"?

Instead of answering the question, you turn around and claim: "I got your game."

Then you assert: "You are trying to limit Jesus to just the Messiah."

Followed by your 2nd attempt at fabricating false accusations: "You are wrong and the consequences are great."

You could have answered the simple question and been done with it, but you've chosen instead deceitful actions and falsely accusing an innocent as being guilty of your own fabrications.

Titus 1:16

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Initially you were asked a very simple question: (Q1) What is "CHRIST"?

Your 1st response was: "You mean who is Christ."

An obvious error which had to be corrected and the original question in it's original form was once again asked of you: (Q1) What is "CHRIST"?

Your 2nd response was: "If you question the deity of Christ, you have the wrong view of Christ and you do not have Christ."

Now your second response is another obvious error and still completely fails to address the original question, meanwhile you've gone to the extra effort of conflating your own faulty assumptions, subsequently used for fabricating false accusations.
Yet again your error was corrected and the original question was clarified once more before being asked of you for the third time: (Q1) What is "CHRIST"?

Your 3rd response was: "I got your game. You are trying to limit Jesus to just the Messiah. You are wrong and the consequences are great."

Another obvious error which persists evading the original simple question asked of you 3 times: What is "CHRIST"?

Instead of answering the question, you turn around and claim: "I got your game."

Then you assert: "You are trying to limit Jesus to just the Messiah."

Followed by your 2nd attempt at fabricating false accusations: "You are wrong and the consequences are great."

You could have answered the simple question and been done with it, but you've chosen instead deceitful actions and falsely accusing an innocent as being guilty of your own fabrications.

I printed out this response of your and filed it in the right locaton......................the trash can.

n6030

Poster
I printed out this response of your and filed it in the right locaton......................the trash can.
We've established that you are inclined toward general dishonesty and deceitfulness regarding biblical subject matters, so it is entirely unsurprising seeing you now actively attempting to create childish drama to conceal the truth.

Mungri

Poster
As an anti theist I agree with the muslims definition of Christ - a normal man who was a prophet.

Now tell me about when my Christian friends used to say the following - 'Well I'm a Christian because I believe in Jesus Christ'.

My response - 'Im an atheist and I believe in Jesus Christ too, so what? That alone doesn't define why you are a Christian'.

Also the regular online drivel of 'Atheists don't believe in Jesus' ... Actually most do, that is 'Jesus of Nazareth - a normal prophetic man without x-men superpowers / divinity'.

Christianity is Trinitarian.

CHRIST IS NOT A CREATED BEING!!!!
Joh 3:18 ...he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

03439 3439 μονογενής [MONOGENH/S] {monogenḗs} mon-og-en-ace'
from 3441 and 1096; only-born, i.e. sole:--only (begotten, child).

Top Bottom