Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quote of the day - What is the supreme good?

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
”Freedom is the supreme good; for without it personality is impossible. Life and knowledge are today so complex, that only by free discussion can we pick our way through errors and prejudices to that total perspective which is truth.” - Will Durant

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
”Freedom is the supreme good; for without it personality is impossible. Life and knowledge are today so complex, that only by free discussion can we pick our way through errors and prejudices to that total perspective which is truth.” - Will Durant
This begs the question, what is "freedom?"

Cre8ive

Founder
@Hoosier in Mad Town you have made a good point. Freedom is a relative term. Ask 10 people and you will get 10 different answers. One line from the song of "Me and Bobby McGee" written by Kris Kristofferson and made famous by Janis Joplin gives and interesting definition of FREEDOM - "FREEDOM IS JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR NOTHIN' LEFT TO LOSE."

Cre8ive

Founder
@quickfeet - how did you know that was my favorite bomber! Very cool weapon of mass destruction! And weapons of mass destruction are OK if they belong to the U.S.!

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
@quickfeet - how did you know that was my favorite bomber! Very cool weapon of mass destruction! And weapons of mass destruction are OK if they belong to the U.S.!
We used to build good tech in this country. Now we are lead by a bunch of self righteous losers that traded away all of our secrets to make a buck. And the processes they have created are so wasteful and convoluted I could build more functional shit in my garage over the weekend.

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
@Hoosier in Mad Town you have made a good point. Freedom is a relative term. Ask 10 people and you will get 10 different answers. One line from the song of "Me and Bobby McGee" written by Kris Kristofferson and made famous by Janis Joplin gives and interesting definition of FREEDOM - "FREEDOM IS JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR NOTHIN' LEFT TO LOSE."
I would argue that ultimate Freedom is being unchained from the burden of sin.

Top Bottom