Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Prep thread

skramer100

Elite
Founder
I thought we had one on here before, but maybe we can pin something. What is everyone getting to prep for the coming shitstorm we are about to go through. I have a deep freezer and 2 beer fridges that both have freezers. Currently working on packing every last inch with meat and veggies. Also got a pickling/canning set up for Christmas and have already made some peppers, looking at making a lot more but we just experimented with where our garden will go and did peppers and cherry tomatoes . What else are we looking at. Rice I saw. Canned meat like chicken. Freeze dried is a nice option but so expensive.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I thought we had one on here before, but maybe we can pin something. What is everyone getting to prep for the coming shitstorm we are about to go through. I have a deep freezer and 2 beer fridges that both have freezers. Currently working on packing every last inch with meat and veggies. Also got a pickling/canning set up for Christmas and have already made some peppers, looking at making a lot more but we just experimented with where our garden will go and did peppers and cherry tomatoes . What else are we looking at. Rice I saw. Canned meat like chicken. Freeze dried is a nice option but so expensive.
We do have a good collection of stuff spread across the site. I’ll try and pull some together tomorrow

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I always post this interview in these threads. Just an excellent read about what it might actually be like if civilization breaks down...much different than you'd think. Interview with a Bosnian survivalist-

I bought a shit ton of dirt cheap lighters off amazon after reading this.

skramer100

Elite
Founder

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
I always post this interview in these threads. Just an excellent read about what it might actually be like if civilization breaks down...much different than you'd think. Interview with a Bosnian survivalist-

Funny, I went and bought enough lighters to last me a lifetime after reading this article last year.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I bought a life straw and shoved it in my cabinet drawer just in case. I heard they can break pretty easy, but something to have on hand in a pinch in a worst case situation until other things can be figured out.

I also own a couple books that talk about edible plants. Now I’ve got a pretty good knowledge of plants around me that I could get calories for myself and the family.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
I bought a life straw and shoved it in my cabinet drawer just in case. I heard they can break pretty easy, but something to have on hand in a pinch in a worst case situation until other things can be figured out.

I also own a couple books that talk about edible plants. Now I’ve got a pretty good knowledge of plants around me that I could get calories for myself and the family.

I picked up a half dozen life straws and one of these:

https://www.berkeyfilters.com/

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I have a coleman camping stove and an adapter to run it off 20lb tanks. We have a few of those full of propane (taste the meat, not the heat lol) in the garage, which should be enough to cook for a few months, at least.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Mosquito repellant and sun block are things that you should keep a few bottles of too. I keep a tube of sunblock that has deet in it, in my truck just in case I break down somewhere and have to walk through the woods to get home. Really can that about all types of medicine. Aspirin, nyquil, antacid, pepto, alcohol, betadine and neosporin

Extra toilet paper at this point is a no brainer. That shit went quick in 2020.

TTUcamper

Elite

Great read. Thank you

Also zippos with fluid and extra flints can last you a while as well. Got my wife and I both one with tons of fluid

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Have just under 1 yr of food for 3 meals a day. Just got a 7cubic ft deep freezer. Started buying 50.00 in cans veg rice and beams every 2 weeks. All new fishing gear
Bought 500.00 in heirloom seeds and something to grow for nerves

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Yea, but cool dry place in south Florida is hard to come by.
Closet and keep the bags or product away from humidity,moisture,hurricanes, and shit like that. Your shit is like 8-12 degrees hotter than mt pheasant. Buy a fucking dehydrator and sealing bagger and make jerky. Make side business out of it.

Yall got squirrels right?

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
What's a good seed kit you can store in a safe for a garden?

Last edited:
Top Bottom