Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Players Championship- who do you like?

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
I've been involved with a group of guys the past 6-7 years where we gamble on the Majors on the PGA Tour. Added Players Championship last year to the slate. Rules are you pick 5 players per major and the person with the highest purse total for the tournament wins that particular tournament. There is also an end of year money winner for the person with the highest cumulative sum of purse winnings from all tournaments.

It's similar to a suicide league in the NFL in the sense that once you pick a golfer, you may no longer use that particular player again the remainder of the season, you can see how one would strategize.

Who do you like this weekend and why?

DawgB

Poster
TPC typically rewards great ball strikers, who are also in form, I like:. Cantlay,Morakowa, Xander, and Rahm, in that order

Cooper

Elite
Founder
I've been involved with a group of guys the past 6-7 years where we gamble on the Majors on the PGA Tour. Added Players Championship last year to the slate. Rules are you pick 5 players per major and the person with the highest purse total for the tournament wins that particular tournament. There is also an end of year money winner for the person with the highest cumulative sum of purse winnings from all tournaments.

It's similar to a suicide league in the NFL in the sense that once you pick a golfer, you may no longer use that particular player again the remainder of the season, you can see how one would strategize.

Who do you like this weekend and why?
its crazy but Bryson. I have no strong reasoning other than he’s good and he’s a good putter.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
TPC typically rewards great ball strikers, who are also in form, I like:. Cantlay,Morakowa, Xander, and Rahm, in that order

Xander is likely to be one of my five this weekend. Probably save Rahm and Morikawa for later in the season. Cantlay is on my list for the remaining four slots for this tournament.

Nape

Elite
Founder
Ball striking and great short game are required. Gotta like Morikawa, Kisner, Cantlay, Fitzpatrick, Fleetwood, Hovland and X.

Mental toughness is the next requirement. I think those above have that in spades. Add in JT, Rahm, Im, Louie O, and Spieth and there you have it.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Ball striking and great short game are required. Gotta like Morikawa, Kisner, Cantlay, Fitzpatrick, Fleetwood, Holland, and X.

Mental toughness is the next requirement. I think those above have that in spades. Add in JT, Rahm, Im, Louie O, and Spieth and there you have it.

Louis O is on my short list for this weekend.

Jordan has just never played well at Sawgrass. I don't trust him this weekend despite him playing well lately. Would prefer to use him in Augusta or The Open.

Nape

Elite
Founder
Louis O is on my short list for this weekend.

Jordan has just never played well at Sawgrass. I don't trust him this weekend despite him playing well lately. Would prefer to use him in Augusta or The Open.
Spieth is indeed a flier. This probably isn’t the week to pick him to win but I like him as a Top 10 play.

Boxman4

Elite
Founder
Reed has played well the past two weeks. Fitzpatrick has been close too. Paul
Casey? Good to see Westwood on a leaderboard too. What happened to Fleetwood? Thought he would stay on a tear. He has fallen off.

Quatch$

Elite
Heard Max Homa on the Pat Macafee show after his win a few weeks back and he sounded like a cool dude that you could go to a strip club with and get ripped drunk. Because of that alone, I will go with DJ.

Whiskey&Weed

Poster
Founder
I would pick DJ but his putting at Concession scares me. I think this is a tournament that a guy with the first name "Xander" is eligible to win, so I am rolling with him.

BluegrassPoke

Poster
Why did Wolffe WD? Wrist?
He keeps saying it is his hand. I think it is more of him being a mental mess. When he is on he is riding Collin’s ass for a major, when he is off he is in last place at a tourney. His last tourney, last place.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Louis Oosthuizen
Xander Schauffele
Scottie Scheffler
Tyrrell Hatton
Cameron Smith

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Louis Oosthuizen
Xander Schauffele
Scottie Scheffler
Tyrrell Hatton
Cameron Smith

Well that certainly didn’t go as planned this morning. I should have let y’all know to bet on Xander missing the cut. He does this to me every time I ride with him.

denn

Legendary
Founder
Well that certainly didn’t go as planned this morning. I should have let y’all know to bet on Xander missing the cut. He does this to me every time I ride with him.
Next time you go with him, let me know. Maybe I can go with Xander and use my jinx abilities to counter yours for you.

Top Bottom