Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pics from my side gig this week

Charles Norris

Poster
Founder
What do you put out for aphids? Those fuckers wreck my garden. Bought ladybugs one year, but I’d rather spray something.

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
What do you put out for aphids? Those fuckers wreck my garden. Bought ladybugs one year, but I’d rather spray something.

Right now just using Upcyde, in June will start running Imidaclorpyd. Both have properties that don’t do too much damage to beneficials like lady bugs. By August we turn up the heat with generic Lorasban & Agmectin to burn the whole orchard down insect wise. When we run that last mixture for 2 applications there isn’t much left living in the area for a few weeks.

Those all require a commercial license (which really isn’t that hard to get in our state) & are expensive AF & can kill a careless man so just stick with whatever you can get your hands on at the local gardening joint. Or buy ladybugs.

Last edited:

Renegadenole

Poster
Founder
Right now just using Upcyde, in June will start running Imidaclorpyd. Both have properties that don’t do too much damage to beneficials like lady bugs. By August we turn up the heat with generic Lorasban & Agmectin to burn the whole orchard down insect wise. When we run that last mixture for 2 applications there isn’t much left living in the area for a few weeks.

Those all require a commercial license (which really isn’t that hard to get in our state) & are expensive AF & can kill a careless man so just stick with whatever you can get your hands on at the local gardening joint. Or buy ladybugs.
@dirtytoeddawg called it out correct. It’s a scorched earth approach. If you have a problem on the home front stay a natural as you can. When you go scorched earth all the good stuff dies with all the bad stuff and everything gets out of wack. It’s not easy to go back.

I personally had an issue with Japanese beetles. I sprayed bifen everywhere. Couldn’t understand a couple years later why the flies were so bad. It’s because I also killed all the stuff that feeds on flies. Now, flies buzz me while sitting on the porch admiring my sculpted landscape free of root eating beetles.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
@dirtytoeddawg called it out correct. It’s a scorched earth approach. If you have a problem on the home front stay a natural as you can. When you go scorched earth all the good stuff dies with all the bad stuff and everything gets out of wack. It’s not easy to go back.

I personally had an issue with Japanese beetles. I sprayed bifen everywhere. Couldn’t understand a couple years later why the flies were so bad. It’s because I also killed all the stuff that feeds on flies. Now, flies buzz me while sitting on the porch admiring my sculpted landscape free of root eating beetles.

Good call on staying natural on the homefront imo. I always am scared to use many chemicals, having well water. Even stuff like round up makes me nervous. Never gotten into pesticides besides spray for roaches.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder

What kind of precautions do you have to take to not get fucked up by the chemicals?

Latest posts

Top Bottom