Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Outer banks recs

Molon Labe

MAGA Man
Founder
Going to outer banks in three weeks for vacation. Nags head specifically. Any recommendations for stuff to do, places to eat/drink and anywhere in particular to go? Thanks boys. Miss this place.

tumblr_psp2twvCfI1x4v2r5o1_500.gif

6D14F47BA530777557B00324E6F03215D4CA7DED

1618192091054.gif

Last edited:

croot_lord

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Going to outer banks in a three weeks for vacation. Nags head specifically. Any recommendations for stuff to do, places to eat/drink and anywhere in particular to go? Thanks boys. Miss this place.

tumblr_psp2twvCfI1x4v2r5o1_500.gif

6D14F47BA530777557B00324E6F03215D4CA7DED

Spoiler the NSFW on the main forum pls. I coomed to her earlier this week. Bests tits in the biz

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
Yea, don’t go to Nags Head. Way too damn crowded. Go further south to Rodanthe.

MeridianOSU

Legendary
Founder

^^^This. OP wife and I went their 3 years ago this coming July. After Covid don’t know how many restaurants survived. Check out your choice of trip advisor, yelp, etc. Wright Brothers was being remodeled when we where there. Rained 24/7 so last 2 days we cut short and went to VA Beach last 2 days since we flew in/out of Norfolk.

Visit and climb every lighthouse. Drive all the way North and South...make it day trips. Since your spending 3 weeks you may find something you want to go back to.

Nas

Poster
Kill Devil Hills is my go to. Everything worth a shit is within walking distance.

Captain George's buffet is awesome.
Tortuga's Lie is a few minutes drive.
The Grill is really good but you will have a really long wait.

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
Art’s is a great burger and bar
Kill Devil Grill is awesome- long wait and no reservations

how far are you up for driving? Up to Corolla and Duck?

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
@Molon Labe - The beaches are generally quiet and clean. They are the reason most people go. Lots of sports shit to do like OBX for the horseback riding, hang gliding and water sports. Tons of places to eat. Can't go wrong with a trip there dude!

Rva

Was in the original thread from day one trophy 🏆
Founder
Just don’t drink and drive. I got popped outside of Kitty Hawk 5 years ago. You can not get a DWI expunged in that stupid state.

Molon Labe

MAGA Man
Founder
Art’s is a great burger and bar
Kill Devil Grill is awesome- long wait and no reservations

how far are you up for driving? Up to Corolla and Duck?

Or down to Ocracoke? So many possibilities.
Hey buds, driving isn’t an issue for the family and I, especially if weather is on the cooler side for the beach that day. Shoot me some ideas!

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
Hey buds, driving isn’t an issue for the family and I, especially if weather is on the cooler side for the beach that day. Shoot me some ideas!
If you have a 4wd, you can go up to Corolla and drive on the beach.

Go see all the lighthouses

the beach is nice but gets really narrow at high tide. Also, there are a LOT of rip currents at the OBX so make sure everyone knows how to swim out of them (go parallel to shore, don’t try to swim back in)

Jockeys Ridge at sunset is a must. You can also learn to hang glide there

Wright Bros museum close by

Ocracoke is a cool town but a long ways from KH

Kitty Hawk Kites is great if you like kites.

charter a fishing trip with one of the Wicked Tuna boats

The original Duck Donuts is in Duck. Made to order cake donuts that are phenomenal but also will give you the diabetuses

What else are you looking for?

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
You can also go down to Rodanthe and learn to kite surf (on the sound, not the ocean).

OBX has great surfing, so you could probably hire an instructor and rent boards and learn how to surf if you don’t already know.

surf fishing is big at the Hatteras Light House

do you scuba dive?

When exactly are you going?

Here’s a pic of a sunset at Jockeys Ridge (this is where the Wright Bros did their thing)

615F0A4E-901C-49D2-8E49-D67803103C43.jpeg2AEB3C08-26CE-4EF6-8559-9333756C061C.jpeg

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
You can also go down to Rodanthe and learn to kite surf (on the sound, not the ocean).

OBX has great surfing, so you could probably hire an instructor and rent boards and learn how to surf if you don’t already know.

surf fishing is big at the Hatteras Light House

do you scuba dive?

When exactly are you going?

Here’s a pic of a sunset at Jockeys Ridge (this is where the Wright Bros did their thing)

View attachment 17200View attachment 17199
I haven’t been home in a couple of years but is sunset grille still there? Automatic pussy puller after a day of surfing.

1619197038052.jpeg

Shittiest food but it really didn’t matter. Maybe they changed up their menu, or at least use the items they had on the menu and simply made them better.

bigassmoney

Poster
Founder
I haven’t been home in a couple of years but is sunset grille still there? Automatic pussy puller after a day of surfing.

View attachment 17201

Shittiest food but it really didn’t matter. Maybe they changed up their menu, or at least use the items they had on the menu and simply made them better.
great setting and always an underwhelming experience fo sho...

Top Bottom