Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

*** NFL Free Agency Thread ***

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
I'm waiting with baited breathe to see what alsoran or underperforming former 1st rounder the Falcons are going to oversign this year.
Been watching and reluctantly rooting for this franchise since '70. I'm convinced they are jinxed to high heaven. Prove me wrong.

Nas

Poster
I'm waiting with baited breathe to see what alsoran or underperforming former 1st rounder the Falcons are going to oversign this year.
Been watching and reluctantly rooting for this franchise since '70. I'm convinced they are jinxed to high heaven. Prove me wrong.
It's like they are trying to make people quit following them. How TD was kept around so long was ridiculous. They are in cap hell too. Seemed like him and Blank were just sitting up in an office making moves and laughing saying, there is no way they stick around after this move.

Nas

Poster
A couple of days ago I read the Bears Super Bowl odds jumped greatly and they were the facorite to land Russell Wilson. Would be amazing to see both he and Watson moved in the same off season.

Nas

Poster
Texans signed Tyrod Taylor. Pretty good indication they are serious about moving Watson. Jets and Dolphins are two teams he agreed to go to.

Pats signed a couple of stud TEs. Cam is still the QB so not sure what to make of breaking out the Hernandez Gronk playbook. Hunter Henry is always hurt, so who knows. Pats also talking to Chris Carson, on of the most underrated backs in the league. Dude is violent.

Nas

Poster
Kenny Golladay sounds like he will be a Giant soon. Marvin Jones just signed with the Jags. Looks like the Lions are planning on being the worst team this year. They will have Swift and Hockenson. Nothing else.

Cards are signing a bunch of old guys. AJ Green is headed there pending physical.

9er and Chiefs are stacking their OL to avoid what the Bucs were doing to people.

Bengals still not getting Burrow any help up front.

Loungefly

Poster
It's like they are trying to make people quit following them. How TD was kept around so long was ridiculous. They are in cap hell too. Seemed like him and Blank were just sitting up in an office making moves and laughing saying, there is no way they stick around after this move.
Blank is an idiot and micro manages like mother fucker. I mean he meets with the HC every following Monday to go over game film with them.

Loungefly

Poster
Kenny Golladay sounds like he will be a Giant soon. Marvin Jones just signed with the Jags. Looks like the Lions are planning on being the worst team this year. They will have Swift and Hockenson. Nothing else.

Cards are signing a bunch of old guys. AJ Green is headed there pending physical.

9er and Chiefs are stacking their OL to avoid what the Bucs were doing to people.

Bengals still not getting Burrow any help up front.
And Swift will never make through an NFL season healthy. He couldn’t even do it at Georgia spitting carries 3 ways

Nas

Poster
Blank is an idiot and micro manages like mother fucker. I mean he meets with the HC every following Monday to go over game film with them.
They have been somewhat decent in the draft, but they made some massive mistakes. Sign old RBs that can only fall forward on the GL. Injured defenders. Intersted to see what they do with QB and defense this year.

Loungefly

Poster
They have been somewhat decent in the draft, but they made some massive mistakes. Sign old RBs that can only fall forward on the GL. Injured defenders. Intersted to see what they do with QB and defense this year.
And they kept giving WR that limps off the field about half the time a fvck load of money

Nas

Poster
And they kept giving WR that limps off the field about half the time a fvck load of money
I agree. Sort of in a weird spot with Jones. Ryan's numbers when Jones played were pretty damn good compared to not. Obviously he is a hall of fame guy, so he would help. But the numbers were so ridiculously different.

When Quinn took over they had a good young defense that would be locked up for a few years. Finding Jarrett was huge. Neal and Deion Jones always being hurt on top of the McKinley and Beasley busts were huge. Trufant got too expensive and left. They never restocked.

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder

I thought the Smith owner ship was the worst. AB is trying to unseat him from that title.

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
I agree. Sort of in a weird spot with Jones. Ryan's numbers when Jones played were pretty damn good compared to not. Obviously he is a hall of fame guy, so he would help. But the numbers were so ridiculously different.

When Quinn took over they had a good young defense that would be locked up for a few years. Finding Jarrett was huge. Neal and Deion Jones always being hurt on top of the McKinley and Beasley busts were huge. Trufant got too expensive and left. They never restocked.

The draft seems completely different now. If take a RB the first day, you're doing it wrong. These guys don't last. They got some great burn from Freeman but he showed you can't make through even half way of a second contract.
Would love to see them get some help for Grady on the DL. Inside/outside trouble worked well for Tampa last year. Love Jones but they don't get consistent play from any of the DB's.
Regarding this draft, it seems folks are guessing QB at 4. If we do, I like the BYU kid. I'm not sold on Fields. I'm sure Blank will push him for the "local boy comes home" angle.

Nas

Poster
The draft seems completely different now. If take a RB the first day, you're doing it wrong. These guys don't last. They got some great burn from Freeman but he showed you can't make through even half way of a second contract.
Would love to see them get some help for Grady on the DL. Inside/outside trouble worked well for Tampa last year. Love Jones but they don't get consistent play from any of the DB's.
Regarding this draft, it seems folks are guessing QB at 4. If we do, I like the BYU kid. I'm not sold on Fields. I'm sure Blank will push him for the "local boy comes home" angle.
I'm not sold on Fields. I havent watched much of the BYU kid. What little data tends to point to success is games played and accuracy. Fields could work I guess in an offense set up for him, but those guys are only successful for a year and then enough tape gets around on stoppubg them. He had some absurd stat on only hitting his primary guy, and he wasnt really accurate.

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
I'm not sold on Fields. I havent watched much of the BYU kid. What little data tends to point to success is games played and accuracy. Fields could work I guess in an offense set up for him, but those guys are only successful for a year and then enough tape gets around on stoppubg them. He had some absurd stat on only hitting his primary guy, and he wasnt really accurate.

Yeah, it seems that the QB's that are relying on their athletic ability will only go so far. Cam is a physical freak and if he were a couple of inches shorter and 40 lbs lighter, he'd be gone already. I guess it's why Taysom Hill hasn't been given the nod in NO.
I've always contended that in the NFL, on offense, you have to run when they know you are going to run, and you have to make plays from the pocket. Defenses will force you to do so.

Nas

Poster
Fuller to the Dolphins on a one year deal. He finna run them deep routes for half a season to clear out Tuas checkdowns.

Kyle Rudolph to the Giants for a lot of money for two years.

Drake to the Raiders for some reason and they resigned Theo Riddick. Raiders moved Gabe Jackson and brought in known mental Richie Incognito.

Dalton said he signed with the Bears because they told him he was the starter. Mitch goes to backup Josh Allen, which is an awesome move. Never understood why teams with unique QBs like Allen back them up with QBs of different skill sets. Matt Barkley?

Loungefly

Poster
Fuller to the Dolphins on a one year deal. He finna run them deep routes for half a season to clear out Tuas checkdowns.

Drake to the Raiders for some reason and they resigned Theo Riddick. Raiders moved Gabe Jackson and brought in known mental Richie Incognito.

Dalton said he signed with the Bears because they told him he was the starter. Mitch goes to backup Josh Allen, which is an awesome move. Never understood why teams with unique QBs like Allen back them up with QBs of different skill sets. Matt Barkley?
I’m a Bills fan and let’s be real. If Allen goes down it won’t make a fuck if it’s Mitch or Barkley

Nas

Poster
I’m a Bills fan and let’s be real. If Allen goes down it won’t make a fuck if it’s Mitch or Barkley
I don't think Mitch is as bad as he showed in CHI. Think they were a disaster all around that damaged his development. He isn't a top 24 guy, but pretty awesome for a backup. He won games on his own in CHI.

Buffalo has a loaded roster. If Allen hurts his shoulder again and has to sit a few games Mitch could keep them in it. Not saying playoff wins, but wins that keep them in contention for home field or something.

bigassmoney

Poster
Founder

what kind of puss signs with Buff behind Allen. A guy that does not want to play football or compete

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
Why did the Titans let go of Humphries? Makes zero sense. ‘Skins just destroying FA.

Nas

Poster
9ers traded 3 first round picks to the Dolphins to move up to 3.

Dolphins traded the 12th they got from the niners to move up to 6, from the Eagles.

Dolphins have 5 or 6 first rounders in the the next three drafts.

Dolphins were in the hunt for Watson and this move means they are no longer interested.

Loungefly

Poster
9ers traded 3 first round picks to the Dolphins to move up to 3.

Dolphins traded the 12th they got from the niners to move up to 6, from the Eagles.

Dolphins have 5 or 6 first rounders in the the next three drafts.

Dolphins were in the hunt for Watson and this move means they are no longer interested.
My Bills are finally really good and the fucking dolphins who are already pretty damn good just keep multiplying 1st round picks every fucking year. If Tua isn’t the guy, and I have my doubts he is, they’ll still end up with a stud fairly soon. At this rate anyway.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
My Bills are finally really good and the fucking dolphins who are already pretty damn good just keep multiplying 1st round picks every fucking year. If Tua isn’t the guy, and I have my doubts he is, they’ll still end up with a stud fairly soon. At this rate anyway.
Meanwhile my ‘Skins owner just put his foot down. Fucking so frustrating. I don’t mind it if he keeps his mouth shut and just be the little kid that’s happy owning a team. Don’t make one football decision. Ever.

Top Bottom