Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

new DUNE movie

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Anyone watched the new Dune on HBO MAX?
pretty awesome. is Villeneuve currently the best director?
Whos universe is best? Herbert, Tolkien, Martin

source.gif

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Don't know much about Dune, but I do plan on checking it out. That said, I'm not sure how anyone can touch Tolkien's world building. Story telling and character development, sure, but the guy developed his world with its own languages and maps for shits and giggles.
Wife and I r holding off watching it so we don’t gotta deal with the disappointment it will likely bring.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Brandon Sanderson shits on all these other worlds.

If they ever make Mistborn and Stormlight into movies its going to be epic.

Emma tenywa

Elite
Don't know much about Dune, but I do plan on checking it out. That said, I'm not sure how anyone can touch Tolkien's world building. Story telling and character development, sure, but the guy developed his world with its own languages and maps for shits and giggles.
Just waiting on Amazon to see how well they'll get on with it

OrangenBlue98

Elite
Founder
Wife and I r holding off watching it so we don’t gotta deal with the disappointment it will likely bring.
Good movie, but it's very slow in the beginning. Lots of great scenery and the cast does a great job. Not everyone is going to like it I get that and it's understandable. Like others have said it ends with a cliff hanger and the second movie isn't due out until 2024 ish..

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Good movie, but it's very slow in the beginning. Lots of great scenery and the cast does a great job. Not everyone is going to like it I get that and it's understandable. Like others have said it ends with a cliff hanger and the second movie isn't due out until 2024 ish..
Appreciate the breakdown.

The other half watches Dune like once a month so all the minor changes will have her melting.

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
Great movie, if you have read the book. First half is huge on character building and world building.....important stuff if you really want to know what is what.... Acting was good and the special effects where excellent. I saw it at home and will now go to the movies to see the special effects on the big screen.

Unfortunate that the movie company is going to take so long to put out the second one if @PleasureMoose is correct.

PleasureMoose

Legendary
Great movie, if you have read the book. First half is huge on character building and world building.....important stuff if you really want to know what is what.... Acting was good and the special effects where excellent. I saw it at home and will now go to the movies to see the special effects on the big screen.

Unfortunate that the movie company is going to take so long to put out the second one if @PleasureMoose is correct.
Peter Jackson filmed all three LOTR and Hobbit films consecutively so the actors remained under contract and didn't age drastically. Studios wont do that anyone because actors jump ship at the first money grab that appears. DUNE Part 2 is announced for 2024 but I'm not getting my hopes up. This current DUNE was finished filming almost 2 years ago and has been in the editors hands ever since. If DV doesn't begin filming in the next 2 year it'll never happen.

OrangenBlue98

Elite
Founder

The time frame to the seconded part is my really only issue with it all

OrangenBlue98

Elite
Founder
Peter Jackson filmed all three LOTR and Hobbit films consecutively so the actors remained under contract and didn't age drastically. Studios wont do that anyone because actors jump ship at the first money grab that appears. DUNE Part 2 is announced for 2024 but I'm not getting my hopes up. This current DUNE was finished filming almost 2 years ago and has been in the editors hands ever since. If DV doesn't begin filming in the next 2 year it'll never happen.
This... Unfortunately... Is spot on.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Anyone watched the new Dune on HBO MAX?
pretty awesome. is Villeneuve currently the best director?
Whos universe is best? Herbert, Tolkien, Martin

I watched the 1st star wars, dune, star trek and never gave a fuck til I saw my pops tiddy mags. That was the game changer. I'll see it at some point. I will monitor the thread bc um weirdo1st

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
I love Dune. Always have. Books and 1984 movie. I rewarched the original movie a few days ago and watched this one last night.

I will now be going to watch it again in iMax.

Outstanding. I need the second movie. Now.

For those who think the first half of the movie was slow, it was, yet wasn't. It was vital. No way would anybody who had not read the books,or at least seen the first movie, understand who was whom and what the hell was going on. This was never a star wars/star trek/flash Gordon/Scifi/blowing up shit in space story.

I loved it. Beautifully done.

Top Bottom