Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New appliances

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I've had a 6month old oven and microwave both fecide to chirp intermittently all night the past 3 nights. Whildpool microwave fridge aire oven. I know the reset button sequence and it work 45 min or so. I ended up hitting the breaker at 3am.

Cyberty

Elite
Founder
Any error codes on the microwave ?

It is possible that you have too many appliances on the same breaker. The new ones you bought might have a higher amp load than the old ones.

Goldhedge

Legendary
Our Whirlpool appliances are 16 years old. We had a repair guy come out once or twice. I watched and learned.

He told us don't get rid of these because the new ones are junk!

The fridge has started to squeak of late. I'm going to pull it out from the wall, take off the back and figure out which grommet is failing and replace it. You can buy parts on AMZN, or there are other online stores with OEM parts.

A front load dryer is very simple. I suspect top load isn't much different. It consists of a motor. A large rubber band. 4 tires the drum rides on. A heater that can be gotten online.

Typically, the dryer heater is what fails if it gets too hot. There's a low heat fuse and a high heat fuse. Pull off the bottom front (I place it on 2x4x4 blocks of wood and pull the bottom - 3 screws) and a couple of screws on the heater unit and it's free.

I think it overheats and blows the fuse because down comforters fill up the drum as they dry and the heater works that much harder. Start heat on high (with a couple of tennis shoes thrown in) and after first run, turn the heat down to medium.

Plenty of "How to" UT videos.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Hit it a couple times with this OP. You owe me consultation fees for any future advice.

p_MOS-85223__06643.1522188161.jpg

Cyberty

Elite
Founder
I've had a 6month old oven and microwave both fecide to chirp intermittently all night the past 3 nights. Whildpool microwave fridge aire oven. I know the reset button sequence and it work 45 min or so. I ended up hitting the breaker at 3am.
The refrigerator and microwave should be on separate breakers.

Did you do the wiring? Did you do the wiring on the house that burned down?

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
The refrigerator and microwave should be on separate breakers.

Did you do the wiring? Did you do the wiring on the house that burned down?
No. I didn't. And I know. It worked though. Must have needed a reset

Top Bottom