Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dealership and Car Warrantys

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Anyone have a dealership not cover something under warranty that you thought they should? I have a truck (F-150 King Ranch) that is about 2 and 3/4 years old and about 33,000 miles on it. Anyway, I've had some problems that needed attention including the sunroof that was jammed about 2 inches open, the blinker not working and it needed an oil change etc. Knowing that the warranty is up in November i wanted to get it in and taken care of.

SO i go drop it off yesterday and I tell the guy the blinker isnt working, and without getting off the stool he says "I know why thats not working." He looked over there and sees water in the tailight fixture. "Thats going to be an expensive fix. Those things break and get water in them and they are $2,100 to replace." So, we go over and examine the blinker and homeboy says "yep I don't see any damage here, that is weird." I even said "So we can agree that here is no damage here that would cause this to not work" and homeboys agrees and responds with "agreed."

So I leave and the guy sends me a text and says this is how we will keep in touch, if you need anything let me know. 3 days go by and i haven't heard shit. I text them one night at 5:30pm with no response. I figure it was late, so i text again at 9:00am in the morning with no response. I then call, get the voice mail but the mailbox is full. I call 3-4 times before getting a hold of someone and when i do they have the balls to tell me that the blinker is not covered because of "damage."

I explained that me and the dude went over and inspected it and both agreed that there was no damage. They said when they took it apart there were "light scratches" on the plastic part of the blinker that indicates impact and this caused the integrity of the blinker unit to fail. The car has never been in an accident, or bumped anything. Possibly that someone bumped it in a parking lot, but if they did it was only hard enough to leave light scratches.

Anyway, i let the guy have it. Told them that was a bunch of horseshit and that they were not living up to the warranty they sold me. No blinker should fail due to light scratches on the plastic cover. I bitched at him for a solid 15 minutes and finally hung up him when he said he would have his supervisor call me. Supervisor said "they were looking into it" and would let me know tomorrow (today).

Waiting for these bitches to call me. Someone's going to have a bad day if they dont cover it!

absoluteUnit

Check out the size of this lad
LOL at “light scratches” causing the blinker to not work. Interested for an update from the supervisor though so keep us posted

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Kind of hard to see from this pic, I had to screenshot it from a video they sent. They still haven’t sent the pictures of the damage by text, so this is as good as it gets for now.

Attachments

• E979FE6C-AEAF-4D58-BC59-5BCDAFCEF638.png
    E979FE6C-AEAF-4D58-BC59-5BCDAFCEF638.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 12

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Ford and Chevy trucks are solid drive trains but they skimp on the details and use cheap parts so you end up with a lot of little things that go wrong. Door handles breaking, glove boxes not opening, and don't get me started on the radio/HVAC controls.

Switched to yota in 2008 and the only things I have had to do other than regular maintenance is a wheel Bering on one and an alternator on another but the alternator was after 280k miles.

Top Bottom