Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

Nashville restaurant recs

Belezabro

Elite
Staying in Nashville one night with the family on the way to FL. Hotel is next to Nashville Music City Center. Any eating recs would be appreciated.

MikeHunt78

Poster
Staying in Nashville one night with the family on the way to FL. Hotel is next to Nashville Music City Center. Any eating recs would be appreciated.

Downtown-Nashville-October-2018-353-1024x683.jpg

Arriving in Nashville after 10 hours of driving with a family of five. So more likely I'll need a place that injects shots.

Yeah, a family-friendly place that is original, a place we wouldn't have to travel too far from the hotel.
White Duck Taco and Ole Smoky Moonshine has a lot to offer. Great street style tacos and moonshine...plus some good outdoor/tailgate type games for family...couple blocks from back of MCC, across Korean Vets Blvd.

Seagulls

Poster
Not a bad chain BBQ option...but not the best BBQ within walking distance. Take the 10 minute/5 block walk from MCC to Peg Leg Porker...you won’t be disappointed.

https://peglegporker.com/
Buddy had last week off of residency so came down. We did a 3 day bbq tasting blitz of the town. Peg Leg, Jack Cawthorne, Edleys, Honeyfire, Butchertown, Meat Sweats, and Gambling Stick. Hate we went at 2 to Shotgun Willies as they already sold out. Was a fun little way to check some places out. The Martins downtown has some weird hours right now.

Buddy had last week off of residency so came down. We did a 3 day bbq tasting blitz of the town. Peg Leg, Jack Cawthorne, Edleys, Honeyfire, Butchertown, Meat Sweats, and Gambling Stick. Hate we went at 2 to Shotgun Willies as they already sold out. Was a fun little way to check some places out. The Martins downtown has some weird hours right now.
Nashville doesn’t get the bbq respect it deserves. Probably because it doesn’t have its own style like a Memphis or St. Louis...but you hit some really good bbq joints in that trip. Shotgun Willies is literally a hole in the wall but has some of the best Texas style bbq I’ve ever had.

Seagulls

Poster
Husk, always excellent
Have you been since Sean left the creative director role to open up his Appalachian concept restaurant in east Nashville? Been to both the Charleston and Nashville one but haven’t been since he left. Our current favorite “upscale” local place is Henley over on West End. They take their bar scene very seriously do a good southern regional thing. Catbird is still our bucket list when we know a day my wife has open weeks in advance.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Have you been since Sean left the creative director role to open up his Appalachian concept restaurant in east Nashville? Been to both the Charleston and Nashville one but haven’t been since he left. Our current favorite “upscale” local place is Henley over on West End. They take their bar scene very seriously do a good southern regional thing. Catbird is still our bucket list when we know a day my wife has open weeks in advance.
Curious what is the name is Charleston? I may go try it

Latest posts

Top Bottom