Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mind Blowing Thread

Wait What

Elite
Founder
599670724-d2630a1715a1b42b37fd8fa0d97d8a97.jpg

TJHall1

Legendary

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

Wait What

Elite
Founder

TJHall1

Legendary

An ant can’t die from falling.​

An ant can’t die from falling.

Because of their incredibly small weight and rock-hard exoskeleton, an ant’s terminal velocity isn’t enough to harm it upon impact.

Simply put, they could survive being dropped from heights like the Empire State Building and walk away unscathed.

RHT 3

Elite
Gonna test this one out and report back.

Might I suggest the following-

Jergens Lotion - not the fancy stuff, you need the 1 gallon, pump handle, 3.99 bottle. believe it or not, the penis will absorb some of the lotion and you do not want to chafe.

Once you master that, move up to some KY or Astroglide. Its next level, and it may cause you to pop earlier than expected, but so nice.

Underrated - massage oil. A different type of rub, but a good changeup. Lavender scented works for me.

Cooper

Elite
Founder

How unique is a random shuffle?​

The chances that anyone has ever shuffled a pack of cards (fairly) in the same way twice in the history of the world, or ever will again, are infinitesimally small. The number of possible ways to order a pack of 52 cards is ’52!’ (“52 factorial”) which means multiplying 52 by 51 by 50… all the way down to 1. The number you get at the end is 8×10^67 (8 with 67 ‘0’s after it), essentially meaning that a randomly shuffled deck has never been seen before and will never be seen again. So next time you shuffle a deck, you should feel pretty special for holding something so unique! Try for yourself – if you make friends with every person on earth and each person shuffles one deck of cards each second, for the age of the Universe, there will be a one in a trillion, trillion, trillion chance of two decks matching.

I tell my kids this whenever I shuffle and they roll their eyes.

RHT 3

Elite
Infinity can have different sizes.

For example, take a group of odd integers and count to infinity. Then take all whole numbers and do the same. Both groups will be infinite but the second group will be twice as big.
How can infinity be anything but just that ?

Or are we just talking numbers on a linear basis ?

I'm trying to sound smart ....work with me here......

bama2112

Poster
It’s like a want to argue with you, but I think you’re right at the same time
False. That’s like saying ten can have different values if you count to ten by whole numbers vs multiplying just the numbers 2x5. One has 10 components and the other only has 2, but the value is still 10, you just arrived there through different methods

Overwatch

Poster
Founder
It’s like a want to argue with you, but I think you’re right at the same time

You officially broke my brain.

How can infinity be anything but just that ?

Or are we just talking numbers on a linear basis ?

I'm trying to sound smart ....work with me here......

False. That’s like saying ten can have different values if you count to ten by whole numbers vs multiplying just the numbers 2x5. One has 10 components and the other only has 2, but the value is still 10, you just arrived there through different methods

Here is a rudimentary breakdown.

https://www.roughlyspeakingmath.com/sizes-of-infinity/

TJHall1

Legendary
We all know that caterpillars create a cocoon in which they transform into beautiful butterflies, but what actually goes on inside that cocoon is pretty gross: The insect actually "digests itself, releasing enzymes to dissolve all of its tissues," as Scientific American explains. Once it's fully disintegrated (excluding some "imaginal discs"), it then begins "the rapid cell division required to form the wings, antennae, legs, eyes, genitals, and all the other features of an adult butterfly or moth."

BigDickNick

Poster
Finite and infinite are not measures of quantity. They refer to limits, or a lack thereof.
I’m not surprised that your minds are blown by such simple concepts. Not to mention completely false information.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Finite and infinite are not measures of quantity. They refer to limits, or a lack thereof.
I’m not surprised that your minds are blown by such simple concepts. Not to mention completely false information.
You are right, however the concept of limits aided in yielding calculus which can be used to approximate quantities and enabled a revolution in physics

Overwatch

Poster
Founder

Well this is false, aside from the limits you mention, somewhat.

Imagine an infinite flock of chickens. Within that flock, there are only two colors of feathers. Dark feathers are more prevalent than light feathers by a distinct 2:1 ratio. That‘s a quantifiable difference within an infinite set, having two distinguishable subsets, one of which is twice the size of the other.

Also, if you want to engage in conversations about complex subjects you might want to refrain from calling things ”simple concepts” and “false information” when this very thing is discussed among mathematicians and has applicable meaning in advanced physics.

But hey, if you want to act like you know this inside and out, be my guest. You just might not want to come across as so, for lack of a better term, shallow in your knowledge.

Top Bottom