Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Markets taking a hit this morning? Evergrande effect?

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder

Who is Matt Mcall?

To me its Evergrande coupled with an overvalued market itching to pull back. The question is how far will it pull back. I feel like the market has threatened a couple times but not followed through. Think we finish the year sub 4000 in the Snp. That would be a 10%pull back or so.

I think China mawrkets finished the day down 4%. SnP is currently down about 1.75% so it will be interesting to see where we go from here.

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
Who is Matt Mcall?

To me its Evergrande coupled with an overvalued market itching to pull back. The question is how far will it pull back. I feel like the market has threatened a couple times but not followed through. Think we finish the year sub 4000 in the Snp. That would be a 10%pull back or so.

I think China mawrkets finished the day down 4%. SnP is currently down about 1.75% so it will be interesting to see where we go from here.
Matt McCall is the voice of reason according to twatter lol. Some nobody, but he had a contrasting opinion.

I’m on the same page as you fats. Feel like the market is looking for a reason to pull back

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Who is Matt Mcall?

Matt McCall is the voice of reason according to twatter lol. Some nobody, but he had a contrasting opinion.

I’m on the same page as you fats. Feel like the market is looking for a reason to pull back
Yes but I don’t think we are quite there yet.

I expect a rally this week and for things to pull back later as Dim spending failures and the debt default take hold.

America 1st

Founder
Could bounce back before open, but a lot of red in the futures
Almost a 400 point bounce in the last hour.

Things should continue to improve tomorrow as well. Wednesday will be telling with the info coming out of The Fed.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Market shaking off the China Evergrande story and rallying big time today. Fed meeting in about 20 minutes, expectations are that the FED will leave the interest rate the same. Don't expect much movement off the number as rates are expected to stay the same. The question is when do they think the will have the ability to raise rates ...... seeems like it keeps getting pushed back. Anyway, the minutes don't come out for a couple weeks.

America 1st

Founder
Market shaking off the China Evergrande story and rallying big time today. Fed meeting in about 20 minutes, expectations are that the FED will leave the interest rate the same. Don't expect much movement off the number as rates are expected to stay the same. The question is when do they think the will have the ability to raise rates ...... seeems like it keeps getting pushed back. Anyway, the minutes don't come out for a couple weeks.
Next year now (supposedly) as opposed to 2023.

Also

I should open a crystal ball shop. Between this thread, dancing, and the crypto thread folks would swear I’m a time traveller like The Don.

Top Bottom