Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Latest From Alabama High School Football Forum

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Well you gotta think about who drafted him. He went to the worst team in the worst league for running backs. His career was cut short because of that.
It's like people saying Tim Couch was a bust but if you look at the amount of hits/sacks he took those first 3 years... He was never going to succeed in Cleveland and no QB would have.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Well you gotta think about who drafted him. He went to the worst team in the worst league for running backs. His career was cut short because of that.
I agree. I am a Cock. He was a Bama player I liked. (Nohomo)

He got a bonus and let go or injured but no matter I always thought he was a stand up Ninja

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

Really great articles @ernestdefoe

TheFiend

Poster
I played for Sparkman
No shit? That's pretty cool man!

Correct me if I'm mistaken here.
US high school goes from around age 13 to 17-18ish, aye?
Like, third form through to 7th form(?)

My current understanding is that high school football is a relatively big deal, and generally a pretty significant spectacle overall. I mean, like, high school rugby is reasonably popular down here, with some games (depending on the teams) can draw a fair bit of public attention as well as sizable crowds.... but I get the impression (😄mostly based off of movies) that the public spotlight on American high school football might be comparable to/or likely even far beyond that of professional (adult) rugby in NZ(¿?)

What was your experience like playing high school football?

Did you have to deal with a lot of public attention and stuff?

ÐicKИecK

Poster
No shit? That's pretty cool man!

Correct me if I'm mistaken here.
US high school goes from around age 13 to 17-18ish, aye?
Like, third form through to 7th form(?)

My current understanding is that high school football is a relatively big deal, and generally a pretty significant spectacle overall. I mean, like, high school rugby is reasonably popular down here, with some games (depending on the teams) can draw a fair bit of public attention as well as sizable crowds.... but I get the impression (😄mostly based off of movies) that the public spotlight on American high school football might be comparable to/or likely even far beyond that of professional (adult) rugby in NZ(¿?)

What was your experience like playing high school football?

Did you have to deal with a lot of public attention and stuff?
Listen here you insufferable foreign fuck. American life is exactly as the movies depict.

TheFiend

Poster
Couple of quick updates from alhsfb.com

ernestdefoe

Poster
Listen here you insufferable foreign fuck. American life is exactly as the movies depict.

If he wants an idea of how big football is here in the US he needs to watch a few movies.
Friday Night Lights
Varsity Blues
When the Game Stands Tall

Those 3 are about high school football 2 of them are about Texas high school football which is a different animal of it's own. People take football very serious here in the US.

TheFiend

Poster
If he wants an idea of how big football is here in the US he needs to watch a few movies.
Friday Night Lights
Varsity Blues
When the Game Stands Tall

Those 3 are about high school football 2 of them are about Texas high school football which is a different animal of it's own. People take football very serious here in the US.
Alrighty, I'll watch these three movies asap within the next couple of weeks.
Think I've heard of the first two, though I haven't seen any of them before.

Cheers for the recommendation.

ernestdefoe

Poster
Alrighty, I'll watch these three movies asap within the next couple of weeks.
Think I've heard of the first two, though I haven't seen any of them before.

Cheers for the recommendation.
The first two are about Texas high school football and the third is about California high school football. Now if you can find a copy there was a show on MTV about a school in Alabama that lasted 2 or 3 seasons called Two A Days. It's about a school that @shiv knows all about. If you can find a way to watch it then watch it as well.

TheFiend

Poster
The first two are about Texas high school football and the third is about California high school football. Now if you can find a copy there was a show on MTV about a school in Alabama that lasted 2 or 3 seasons called Two A Days. It's about a school that @shiv knows all about. If you can find a way to watch it then watch it as well.
Is this the right one?

TheFiend

Poster
I can name plenty more movies but those show just how crazy people are about football here.
Yeah the first time I ever mentioned the word 'football' on this forum, a couple of years back...😂bloody'ell it was funny, I was immediately piled-on and forcibly informed of the correct American definition, furthermore it is distinctly not the European "fūtboll".

I just found it mildly humorous coz I was actually referring to football, not European soccer....🤣 and I've never thought of, nor ever referred to soccer, as football either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom