Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

lasek/ lasik surgery

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
my eyes are dialited so I can’t see shit but has anyone had “touch up” surgery after the initial one?

thenick_ttu

Elite
Founder
I’ve been wanting to get eye surgery for a few years now. I have the funds. Just haven’t really pulled the trigger.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I’ve been wanting to get eye surgery for a few years now. I have the funds. Just haven’t really pulled the trigger.
Had the surgery a couple years back. One of the most amazing things in the world. I was -9 in both eyes and now I’m 20/15 in my left and 20/30 in my right.

Since I’m in front of a screen a lot more at my new job I started in October, I started having eye strain problems
With my left eye. It was trying to do all the work. The surgeon got me some glasses with a very small correction for my right eye to try a few months. That fixed the problem, but I don’t want to need to wear glasses again. I mean, I can see fine but the eye strain sucks if I don’t wear my new glasses…

So, he is going to do a “touch-up” on my right eye. I don’t know of anyone who has gone in for the touch up, but I do know it happens. Was wondering if anyone had any issues or anything. Original surgery put me out several thousand, but he’s doing this for $750

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Also I highly recommend it even though I had a bit of regression. But I couldn’t see past a foot in front of my face before the surgery

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
Would love to get it but I wear multi focal. It's been the next bet thing for me.

I can actually read text on my computer, phone, books without my glasses.

Good luck with the surgery.

denn

Legendary
Founder
Also I highly recommend it even though I had a bit of regression. But I couldn’t see past a foot in front of my face before the surgery
Everyone I have spoken with of my friends that has had it say the regression is inevitable. A few have went back for the "touch up" surgery which I guess is just a patch job of sorts, for lack of better term. None of those that went back for the second surgery have regretted it yet and say it was easier that the original lasik.

I have been wearing glasses for a long time now. Off and on with contacts as well. I have been looking into the surgery more lately. It would be nice to open my eyes in the morning and not be blurry.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Had a client die after Lasik, went in and had one eye done and was on some meds got up in the middle middle of the night passed out and banged his head on the floor and died 3 days later in the hospital.

Hope this helps
This was not what I was hoping to see
Everyone I have spoken with of my friends that has had it say the regression is inevitable. A few have went back for the "touch up" surgery which I guess is just a patch job of sorts, for lack of better term. None of those that went back for the second surgery have regretted it yet and say it was easier that the original lasik.

I have been wearing glasses for a long time now. Off and on with contacts as well. I have been looking into the surgery more lately. It would be nice to open my eyes in the morning and not be blurry.
This is what I was hoping to see. Thanks @denn

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
All three of my brothers had to have it.
I’m walking around the house with no lights on, dark sunglasses and my eye squeezed shut while the wife and kids are at a birthday party

Latest posts

Top Bottom