Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Its so hot...

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Had a similar situation before and it was because my attic wasn’t well ventilated.

Had two roofers come tell me the roof was actually leaking and I needed a new roof. Handyman came over and installed a vent fan for $150 and the problem resolved

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
It was 88 in our house last night. AC went out. Got it working about 630pm. I'm so dehydrated I can barely move. My hands feel like 2 clubs. At least it has cooled off now

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
@TopHook
My folks are encapsulating their house. 3400sqft is going to be 10k. 2500.00 is the dehumidifier cost
Doesn't do any good if the place isn't air tight.
I think @shiv is correct you need for movement in your attic. You can try for $20 to put a box fan on low up in your attic. I bet it would help some. If it doesn't you're only out $20. If it works well then JACKPOT

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
@TopHook
My folks are encapsulating their house. 3400sqft is going to be 10k. 2500.00 is the dehumidifier cost
Doesn't do any good if the place isn't air tight.
I think @shiv is correct you need for movement in your attic. You can try for $20 to put a box fan on low up in your attic. I bet it would help some. If it doesn't you're only out $20. If it works well then JACKPOT
This is actually at our rental a 1952 beach bungalow with a flat roof and a 4 ton unit outside(just had to replace that, believe that was from the 70s). House is fine.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
This is actually at our rental a 1952 beach bungalow with a flat roof and a 4 ton unit outside(just had to replace that, believe that was from the 70s). House is fine.
Yeah the flat roof on beach houses suck. You could probably cut a hole and put one of those twirly metal air vents in it for a minimal cost. Probably need to go in and tighten up some walls or at least caulk the fuck out of everywhere. Good luck w it

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
Had a guy cramp up with infront of my office with heat exhaustion other day and had to call an ambulance. Good thing I was out picking weeds to see him.

Top Bottom