Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hey Texas dudes

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Is it that hot there? I've never seen such a mild June in SC in my life. Maybe 1 day hit 90 so far. Drink water and slow down ninjas. God speed

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Yup. 107ish the past few days outside of Austin. Seems to be a bit cooler today. Maybe mid 90’s.
Does it slap the fuck outta ya when you open the door? Here when it is 95+ & 100% humidity it will fuck a normal man up. I always knew yall were hot but that's your brain on drugs egg frying hot

Joe King

Elite
Here when it is 95+ & 100% humidity it will fuck a normal man up.
That's worse than in Texas. When it gets that hot, the humidity is typically much lower than that.

For example, here's a link to a chart of Houston's temps/hum/DP

Notice how when the temp shoots up (blue), the humidity (green) drops.

Here's a list of various cities in Texas from Edwards Plateau to South Texas and the hill country. Typically, the humidity only gets high like yours does when near the coast.

Right now, the highest humidity is at Port Aransas with 80%, but the temp is only 88.

Corpus Christi shows 94 degrees, but only 68% humidity.

I'd take that any day over your 95 degrees and 100% humidity. You have my sympathy. With that 100% humidity, you can't do anything outside (including just standing still) without ending up soaked with sweat.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
That's worse than in Texas. When it gets that hot, the humidity is typically much lower than that.

For example, here's a link to a chart of Houston's temps/hum/DP

Notice how when the temp shoots up (blue), the humidity (green) drops.

Here's a list of various cities in Texas from Edwards Plateau to South Texas and the hill country. Typically, the humidity only gets high like yours does when near the coast.

Right now, the highest humidity is at Port Aransas with 80%, but the temp is only 88.

Corpus Christi shows 94 degrees, but only 68% humidity.

I'd take that any day over your 95 degrees and 100% humidity. You have my sympathy. With that 100% humidity, you can't do anything outside (including just standing still) without ending up soaked with sweat.
Yeah it can be tough here for sure. But anything over 95 is a bad condition if you don't know what to do

Joe King

Elite
Yeah it can be tough here for sure. But anything over 95 is a bad condition if you don't know what to do
Yea for sure, it's a matter of knowing how to deal with hot temps, but imho, the high humidity is the killer. It makes sweat not be able to do its job to help cool you off. When it's 110 here and the humidity is super low, I can go for a 30 mile bike ride and barely break a sweat until I stop. As long as that dry air is moving across my skin, it evaporates the sweat right quick. It's still hot as blazes, but bearable.

Now where I grew up? High humidity all day long, just like you've described, but I was further North. I f'ing hated it. In the Summer, you'd wake up sweating.
....but where I am now it's much better.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Yup. 107ish the past few days outside of Austin. Seems to be a bit cooler today. Maybe mid 90’s.
Actual temp or heat index? The heat index has been high in DFW but the actual temp has not passed 100 yet. Next week they say in could get to 105 actual. The rain has made it quite humid which elevates the heat index.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
They said that last week too, but had to keep adding rain back into their forecast almost everyday. lol
In the past 10 days, I've gotten over 8 inches of rain. Last year we were in a drought with over 100 temps. I hope it continues all summer. My yard had not looked this full and green in a long time although the dollarweed (pennywort) has taken over large areas. It thrives in wet soil. Once we dry out, it will be treated with 2,4-D.

thenick_ttu

Elite
Founder
Actual temp or heat index? The heat index has been high in DFW but the actual temp has not passed 100 yet. Next week they say in could get to 105 actual. The rain has made it quite humid which elevates the heat index.
Yeah we haven’t hit 100 yet in DFW but the 200% humidity makes it quite miserable

Joe King

Elite
Yeah we haven’t hit 100 yet in DFW but the 200% humidity makes it quite miserable
The humidity isn't even 50% right now. Upper 70's is considered high, which is still nothin' like @Rebarcock. 's air soup. We got it pretty good, when compared to a lot of folks.

90 in Corpus right now
It’s hard to masturbate in this heat.
Imagine how much harder it'd be if you had rebar's 100% humidity, as opposed to your 49% right now. You'd be sweatin' hard before ya even started. Just do it in front of a fan, and you'll be fine. lol

Rva

Was in the original thread from day one trophy 🏆
Founder
The humidity isn't even 50% right now. Upper 70's is considered high, which is still nothin' like @Rebarcock. 's air soup. We got it pretty good, when compared to a lot of folks.

Imagine how much harder it'd be if you had rebar's 100% humidity, as opposed to your 49% right now. You'd be sweatin' hard before ya even started. Just do it in front of a fan, and you'll be fine. lol

I like pleasuring myself

thenick_ttu

Elite
Founder

Oh I’m definitely just being a soft ass bitch. I know the humidity is relatively low but it’s pretty high for DFW this time of year. I start sweating walking the 20 feet from my front door to my truck.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
In the past 10 days, I've gotten over 8 inches of rain. Last year we were in a drought with over 100 temps. I hope it continues all summer. My yard had not looked this full and green in a long time although the dollarweed (pennywort) has taken over large areas. It thrives in wet soil. Once we dry out, it will be treated with 2,4-D.
I identify as an ishxwac

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I am working 25 minutes from the house. OKC has had one of the coldest wettest springs I have ever scene.
Dude I've lived in SC since 1.81
I've welded since 1995. I've never had it cool on my shop. 90 or less is cool. We had one day it got hot af that I remember now. But it is hurricane season and we have news reports from yaholl that El Niño está aquí again ninjas

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Yea for sure, it's a matter of knowing how to deal with hot temps, but imho, the high humidity is the killer. It makes sweat not be able to do its job to help cool you off. When it's 110 here and the humidity is super low, I can go for a 30 mile bike ride and barely break a sweat until I stop. As long as that dry air is moving across my skin, it evaporates the sweat right quick. It's still hot as blazes, but bearable.

Now where I grew up? High humidity all day long, just like you've described, but I was further North. I f'ing hated it. In the Summer, you'd wake up sweating.
....but where I am now it's much better.
Your arms and fingers regulate 40%+ of your heat. Your head is 15-20%of heat loss. If yi see any (@ChingChongDingDong there a hike in Yi see Any)

Fansong1977

Poster
miserable temp in a miserable town.

90 in Corpus right now
It’s hard to masturbate in this heat.
San Angelo is not that bad. I used to enjoy visiting friends who lived there but they have passed away and I haven't been there in several years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom