Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Is salesforce, a $167B company in the Dow Jones a shell company for the ultra rich?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Their website looks like something a local accounting company would put out.

Does anyone know more about this company?

They took Exxons spot in the Dow a couple years back and I’ve been curious about the organization ever since.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Have a couple of clients that use it. Salesforce is a back end for companies to build off of for client management software. Similar to how android is for phone companies like Samsung and HTC.

So for example you may use and pay Practifi for your CRM but it is running sales force in the back ground. And if you switch to another vendor for the CRM front end it may not look like the one you were with before.

Pretty much all major sales companies use it.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Their website looks like something a local accounting company would put out.

Does anyone know more about this company?

They took Exxons spot in the Dow a couple years back and I’ve been curious about the organization ever since.

We tried it at a company I used to work at. It seemed like crap and not very useful.

Our idiot director went to a conference where they told him it was what all the innovative and cool companies were using so he mandated our department to use it of course.

He never understood that the way you win work is by earning peoples trust and being honest with them. Building relationships is the way to win work and getting in front of peoples faces. Starting small really helps.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Have a couple of clients that use it. Salesforce is a back end for companies to build off of for client management software. Similar to how android is for phone companies like Samsung and HTC.

So for example you may use and pay Practifi for your CRM but it is running sales force in the back ground. And if you switch to another vendor for the CRM front end it may not look like the one you were with before.

Pretty much all major sales companies use it.
So basically 100% legit?

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
They also have a Monopoly on CRM.

They threaten their customers with pulling contract if the system everyone relied on for sales pipeline management (lifeblood) if they don’t tie line of wokeness.

Benioff is pretty much a bastard and they recruited Bret Taylor, previously Sandbergs right hand person at Facebook to be CEO in waiting.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Marc Benioff owns it.

He subsequently bought Time magazine and has “invested” in many companies that are simply intelligence front groups.

Like most of tech, it’s as organic on the surface and far from it once you peel the onion. No different than Facebook, Google, Amazon, Tik Tok, etc….
Yeah has the intelligence front feel. Sales companies build profiles up in the same way

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
They also have a Monopoly on CRM.

They threaten their customers with pulling contract if the system everyone relied on for sales pipeline management (lifeblood) if they don’t tie line of wokeness.

Benioff is pretty much a bastard and they recruited Bret Taylor, previously Sandbergs right hand person at Facebook to be CEO in waiting.
I’ll look it up, but not familiar with CRM

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
I’ll look it up, but not familiar with CRM
CRM is customer relationship management. It tracks prospect/customer contacts and them integrated with a bunch of marketing automation platforms to target buyers during a sales process.

It’s pretty much the operating system for every sales and marketing function for 90+% of corporations

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
CRM is customer relationship management. It tracks prospect/customer contacts and them integrated with a bunch of marketing automation platforms to target buyers during a sales process.

It’s pretty much the operating system for every sales and marketing function for 90+% of corporations
Makes sense, but the whole concept is totally foreign to me. I’ve never been anywhere near the sales world

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
@Hoosier in Mad Town nailed it.

Of course I was lectured from the opposite POV. Brother was approached for VP level and we discussed them about 6 months ago. Job was heading up a product facelift. (He is a IT bus banking guru and has a team that builds so we lol’ed.)

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Network as in computer network?
They are collecting and logging mass data. I believe they do like Twitter and offer the “elites of business” an unadvertised option for complete data mining. He seemed to know but didn’t care to talk about it as it’s not in his wheel house or purview.

Last edited:
Top Bottom