Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

If you could play one game as a professional athlete

Spc311

Poster
What sport and which position would you pick.

You are you; not inhabiting LeBron or something like that. Just your regular old self plopped into a starting role for a game of your choice. For this exercise we will be limiting it to the major professional team sports of America, so no soccer gayness and no shooting a 200 at the masters for shits and giggles.

I'm gonna go as a hockey goalie for a game. Would love to experience the pandemonium of that, plus you're padded to the point of being able to survive.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
This is tough.

I wanna say NBA because I always love playing pick up basketball. I couldn't do much at all but I'm decently strong and would have a low center of gravity compared to everyone else on the court so I could at least (attempt) to box out some mofos. They would just reach their 4 foot arms over my head and snag the rebound anyway

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
MLB pitcher in NL so I could also bat... oh wait would be low odds I don’t get pulled before I bat.

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
Relief lefty.

and hope lie hell the coach doesn’t try the lefty/lefty, righty/righty BS late in the game. I’d intentionally hit my lefty batter in the back first pitch and let the next guy clean up my mess.

TJHall1

Legendary
Relief lefty.

and hope lie hell the coach doesn’t try the lefty/lefty, righty/righty BS late in the game. I’d intentionally hit my lefty batter in the back first pitch and let the next guy clean up my mess.
What would the speed of said pitch be?

Boxman4

Elite
Founder
Wow. Good question. Random thoughts:
100 meter final in Summer Olympics
Golfer in Masters
Defensive Back in Super Bowl
World Cup Final
Driver at Indy 500

Quatch$

Elite
I was decent enough to catch all the way through college. So I’d say let me see the field one time in the show (moonlight Graham style). Wouldn’t totally embarrass myself and I might luck into an oppo field slap single since I damn sure would not be able to barrel up the heat these fuckers throw today.

DawgB

Poster
NFL - used to play WR/TE back in the day.

Split me way out, no one on my side, fake a quick slant, then chuck it an see if I can get under it - no way the S is sneaking to my side, so shouldn't end up in the ER

Top Bottom