Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I have a request @Nape

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
@Nape

How about a lasagna recipe? We are heading to the beach later this month and I always make a couple of lasagnas- one with meat and one without. I know you have something special that I can use to impress the family and I have plenty of Gustiamo tomatoes to make some really good ones.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
@Nape

How about a lasagna recipe? We are heading to the beach later this month and I always make a couple of lasagnas- one with meat and one without. I know you have something special that I can use to impress the family and I have plenty of Gustiamo tomatoes to make some really good ones.

I'm sure he will be here soon with some expert advice. Meantime, I will only say that when you make it, be sure to drink lots of 3 Floyds Gumballhead, throughout the process. That seems to be one of his secrets.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
that and the edibles. Don’t forget the edibles.

I always have good green around, but need to up my beer game. Hard to do living in the middle of nowhere...Every time @Nape posts the Gumballhead pics, I get a little pissed.😂 Love that beer, and I rarely come across it. Though I did find 2 favorites recently, All Day IPA & Son of a Peach.

Jayhacker

Legendary
Founder
I always have good green around, but need to up my beer game. Hard to do living in the middle of nowhere...Every time @Nape posts the Gumballhead pics, I get a little pissed.😂 Love that beer, and I rarely come across it. Though I did find 2 favorites recently, All Day IPA & Son of a Peach.
You need to try Guinness.

Nape

Elite
Founder
@Nape

Lemme get you a recipe. I’ve never written it down. I’m stupid busy lately due to an executive recruiting firm who came to me with a job I couldn’t refuse.

Nape

Elite
Founder
Alright.....I’m not a good one for “recipes”. I’d rather cook it whilst explaining it. I’m sure I’ll forget plenty of things and I’m sure @NjNole01 will correct me multiple times (welcomed) and @TJHall1 will throw a puke emoji or two my way (welcomed, as well).

First of all get good macaroni. Worst case scenario get Barilla. Best case DeCecco or better. Cook it according to directions and when done let cool and dry on the counter. I use multiple sheet pans but you do whatever. They have to lay flat so they aren’t all torqued when you go to build.

Sauce:

—-use whatever you like. A simple marinara is great. A good red meat sauce works as well (bolonese is too thick and not enough moisture to cook the macaroni).

The key is your cheese mixture.

—-for a single pan use 1-2 pounds of good reegot. Try to find a “dry” reegot that won’t ruin your final dish by making it watery. To the cheese add and egg yolk or two. 2 will make it richer and a little tighter. Whatever you prefer. Grate a shitload of real parm and pecorino and add. Add a little salt and some pepper (this amount should be based on how seasoned your sauce is. More seasoned, less in the cheese. Add a whole head of roasted garlic and some finely grated nutmeg and mix until smooth.

Lasagna:

—-cover a lasagna pan in EVOO and put a cup or so of your sauce of choice on the bottom and add macaroni to cover the bottom. I typically use 4 pieces per layer. Add the reegot mixture and spread it out over the macaroni to a thickness you like. We typically do about 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick. Cover with sauce and repeat until the top of the pan (3-4 layers). Cover in foil and let rest 1-2 hours.

Preheat oven to 400. Place lasagna, still covered in foil, on the middle rack in the oven. Cook 35-45 minutes. Remove foil and out on the lowest rack in your oven. Cook until top is browned and bubbly.

Remove and let rest AT LEAST an hour. Otherwise, you will have a plate full of runny lava.

—-addendum....that basic tomato sauce I made with the Gustarossa San Marzano’s would be absolutely perfect for this!

Mangia Mangia.

Nape

Elite
Founder
Edited to add that you can put some low moisture mozzarella in the cheese mix if you like “stringy” lasagna. Sometimes I do. Sometimes I use whole milk mozz too. Whatever....up to you. I also add some chopped parsley to the mixture.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
@Nape

Spend more time on the beach. Save time and headaches - just buy some Stouffers Meat Lasagna. It truly is good. They even have a family size. Hide the box and tell everyone you made it from scratch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom