Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hurricane Ida

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Pretty damn good forcast on this one-

3D0C924C-6C99-4D90-914E-A9AFE63E178C.thumb.jpeg.d5739267edac291d848df3fcdaf23a32.jpeg

My in laws are in BR. They live off Highland. I wonder if they will be fine. I know my FIL had a built in generator put in the house after the last flood

mrt

Elite
It appears to have made just enough eastern turn that it missed me. No power out and not enough rain to even mention, not bad since I'm only 35 miles from the center of the storm. The counter clockwise rotation might give some showers overnight but I think this thing will soften up by tomorrow. 13 years ago I had 90 mile an hour gust and it lasted about 4 hours, the next month is when the bad one centered on Galveston and Houston and lessened the population of Galveston not to mention the land mass. Galveston has been losing about 2 inches per year of land mass for decades. The only reason that last causeway bridge was built was to evacuate the island due to a boom in population. I watched the Belgium GP this morning starting at 7am and it rained so hard there the GP was ran for 4 laps behind the safety car then called with qualifying laps the winning positions. So we aren't the only ones with bad weather in August.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
It appears to have made just enough eastern turn that it missed me. No power out and not enough rain to even mention, not bad since I'm only 35 miles from the center of the storm. The counter clockwise rotation might give some showers overnight but I think this thing will soften up by tomorrow. 13 years ago I had 90 mile an hour gust and it lasted about 4 hours, the next month is when the bad one centered on Galveston and Houston and lessened the population of Galveston not to mention the land mass. Galveston has been losing about 2 inches per year of land mass for decades. The only reason that last causeway bridge was built was to evacuate the island due to a boom in population. I watched the Belgium GP this morning starting at 7am and it rained so hard there the GP was ran for 4 laps behind the safety car then called with qualifying laps the winning positions. So we aren't the only ones with bad weather in August.

Sounds like you may have dodged the bullet with this one...stay safe!

Latest posts

Top Bottom