Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How many people do you know that have passed from Covid?

CumAllahHerAss

Poster
Founder
Up until December, I didn't know a single person that had even been seriously ill from Covid, even though I knew many people that had it. In the last two months I've known four people that have passed. The most recent one being someone I've known since grade school. He passed away this weekend after a two month fight. He was only 32 years old and an overall healthy person. I don't know of any comorbidities he had so this one is pretty shocking. Currently a coworker's husband is in the hospital and he's been fighting since November. He just had a double lung transplant last weekend so hopefully he is finally on the way to recovery. This one was another shock as he's only mid 40's, and again he's an overall healthy person. Although his occupation as a firefighter probably contributed to his condition.

I wasn't planning on getting the vaccine, but with the passing of a healthy adult I know that is my age, it's making me rethink my stance. Do you know many people that have passed? Do you plan to get vaccinated?

CumAllahHerAss

Poster
Founder
Tons but I’m a doctor. And of course I got vaccinated, why wouldn’t you?
I don't get the flu vaccine either and I wasn't worried about myself ever getting seriously ill from Covid, but this dude dying this weekend is a bit of a wakeup call. I just didn't like the idea of getting a vaccine that hasn't been around for long. I've never discouraged anyone else from getting it. My brother, mom, and girlfriend have all gotten it but they all work in the medical field.

Mmal7777

Elite
Founder
Up until December, I didn't know a single person that had even been seriously ill from Covid, even though I knew many people that had it. In the last two months I've known four people that have passed. The most recent one being someone I've known since grade school. He passed away this weekend after a two month fight. He was only 32 years old and an overall healthy person. I don't know of any comorbidities he had so this one is pretty shocking. Currently a coworker's husband is in the hospital and he's been fighting since November. He just had a double lung transplant last weekend so hopefully he is finally on the way to recovery. This one was another shock as he's only mid 40's, and again he's an overall healthy person. Although his occupation as a firefighter probably contributed to his condition.

I wasn't planning on getting the vaccine, but with the passing of a healthy adult I know that is my age, it's making me rethink my stance. Do you know many people that have passed? Do you plan to get vaccinated?

No way a doctor would do a double lung transplant on someone with COVID. Hell they won’t operate on you if you have an open wound unless it’s an emergency. Your friend must have been on his death bed. And typically the do mot give donor organs to people that sick. Something doesn’t add up

CumAllahHerAss

Poster
Founder
No way a doctor would do a double lung transplant on someone with COVID. Hell they won’t operate on you if you have an open wound unless it’s an emergency. Your friend must have been on his death bed. And typically the do mot give donor organs to people that sick. Something doesn’t add up
He was flown to Arizona a week or two ago and they got him on the donor list. They thought they had a match for him on Friday but something happened and he didn't get it. But late Sunday night they found a match and he went into surgery. I can't find anything online about the transplant, but here's an article from when he first went into the hospital. Are you suggesting I made this up? Lol. I'm sure there are other OSU people on this board that can confirm it. In fact I'll copy the post someone posted on our homoboard about him.

From the homoboard:

"
Saturday at 9:16 PM
Our long time family friend fireman Randy Blake from Stillwater found a donor and is having a double lung transplant tomorrow in Phoenix. This a true blessing because he was on his last leg and on a breathing machine. He has been hospitalized since contracting COVID-19 before Thanksgiving. Please Pray for Randy! Phil 4:13 Folks!"

FB post from his wife:

"Two of his Doctors just walked out from letting me know they are finished and it ALL WENT WELL !!! I am sobbing. I have no adequate words to Praise God for this MIRACLE . He will be asleep for 24-48 hours but I get to go see him in his room before I leave the hospital. Oh my gosh ! Cannot believe the number of people who lifted his name through the night and for 3 months. People are so good and so faithful and so generous and my heart is just overflowing.Prayers of thanks ! Glory to God. his will be done !"

Quatch$

Elite
Not only do I know anyone who has died from it, but I also only know a handful of people personally who even contracted it. All said it was an inconvenience and nothing more. Guess people are just hardier stock up here in NWPA

Mmal7777

Elite
Founder
He was flown to Arizona a week or two ago and they got him on the donor list. They thought they had a match for him on Friday but something happened and he didn't get it. But late Sunday night they found a match and he went into surgery. I can't find anything online about the transplant, but here's an article from when he first went into the hospital. Are you suggesting I made this up? Lol. I'm sure there are other OSU people on this board that can confirm it. In fact I'll copy the post someone posted on our homoboard about him.

From the homoboard:

"
Saturday at 9:16 PM
Our long time family friend fireman Randy Blake from Stillwater found a donor and is having a double lung transplant tomorrow in Phoenix. This a true blessing because he was on his last leg and on a breathing machine. He has been hospitalized since contracting COVID-19 before Thanksgiving. Please Pray for Randy! Phil 4:13 Folks!"

FB post from his wife:

"Two of his Doctors just walked out from letting me know they are finished and it ALL WENT WELL !!! I am sobbing. I have no adequate words to Praise God for this MIRACLE . He will be asleep for 24-48 hours but I get to go see him in his room before I leave the hospital. Oh my gosh ! Cannot believe the number of people who lifted his name through the night and for 3 months. People are so good and so faithful and so generous and my heart is just overflowing.Prayers of thanks ! Glory to God. his will be done !"
Not saying you made it up. Just didn’t sound right the way you first described it. That’s awesome for the guy.

TJHall1

Legendary
1 person. They were ravaged by cancer and the covid finished them, as any other illness would have.

Probably known 50-75 others who've had it. Nothing but normal cold/flu shit.

Hoppo

Elite
Founder
No. A couple 2nd-degree people, but no one I know personally.

I had COVID a couple weeks ago. I don't think I'll get the vaccine until my immunity wanes, and even then only if the virus is as prevalent as it is today. I'm not really inclined to take pharmaceutical interventions that aren't necessary, even if it's relatively low risk.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
My cousin was thought to have died from covid early on. It took 15 days to get the test back after she had passed. It was negative. It was amazing how people acted like it was a good thing that she didn't die from covid..... almost like it was taint on your immortal soul or something. Had people litter ali say "well at least she didn't die from the covid"... I guess it could of just been not knowing what to say, so they say something stupid, but my dad and I looked at each other like "wtf".

Fever757

Poster
Founder
One as of last Friday. The guy was 60 and a HS teacher. I don't know if he had any pre-existing conditions, but he was in the ICU for 4 weeks and couldn't get his oxygen levels right.

PinkelsVisor

Elite
Founder
None I know direct

One indirect that was “originally” tagged with “from covid” but after a few days changed as it was an older male that died from heart complications (had them prior).

I know people who have had mild cases and a few that were bad, not deadly but just very serious flu like.

No vaxx here. Too each their own.

Tell_Sackett

Poster
I know of one person that passed in January. I know scores who have been sick.
He was late 70s, COPD, overweight, emphysema, and asthma. Great guy, but poor physical health.

Lol. Doctor of what?
RemoteHonoredAbalone-small.gif

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Don't know anyone who has passed from China Flu or even been seriously ill from it.

I'll probably get the vaccine at some point, but im not rushing out to get it. It is, after all, still under emergency use authorization and I don't fit into high risk category so not sure why I would use something meant for emergencies.

pleaseclap

Poster
Founder
One dude that was more of an acquittance. Worked out at my gym. Said hi in passing. He was an incredibly large (not in a good way) fellow. Grandmother in law just tested positive and was admitted. She's got some serious health issues already. She's probably pushing 90. So we'll see how this goes. Don't have high hopes though.

Huskers2008

Poster
My wife’s sister’s daughter’s friend’s dad died after a 3 week hospital stay after testing positive.

That’s all I’ve heard of based on friend’s, family’s, and neighbor’s circle of friends and family. So technically 0.

However, my wife is a nurse, who, at the peak, worked on about 7-8 patients a week w covid. I tread very very lightly on this subject in our house.

Cletusnow

Made the run from Texarkana to Atlanta
Founder
1, best friends mom. 70 years old former smoker, overweight. She went to icu with low O2 but was on oxygen and still coherent. Overnight they found her on the floor, oxygen out, and unresponsive. They don’t really know what happened overnight that caused it. Shitty hospital imo.

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
As of this afternoon, 1. He was mid 60s, no-comorbidities and did not smoke. Very sad.

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
1, best friends mom. 70 years old former smoker, overweight. She went to icu with low O2 but was on oxygen and still coherent. Overnight they found her on the floor, oxygen out, and unresponsive. They don’t really know what happened overnight that caused it. Shitty hospital imo.

In the Triangle? If so which one?

The Pelican

Poster
Just 2nd degree people here, but my aunt who
Is pretty healthy and in her 50s had her ass kicked by it and was on oxygen for weeks. My uncle is 300 pounds and unhealthy as hell got it from her and never had a symptom.

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
Just 2nd degree people here, but my aunt who
Is pretty healthy and in her 50s had her ass kicked by it and was on oxygen for weeks. My uncle is 300 pounds and unhealthy as hell got it from her and never had a symptom.

I’m convinced this is somehow genetic

FayuGes!

Poster

Zero

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
I know 3 who were counted as covid deaths. None died from covid.

I had it. Minor inconvenience for 4 days. Slept a lot and only missed 6 hours of work.

Top Bottom