Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How do you eat your Pulled pork sandwich

Pineapple

Legendary
Clever.

Why can't you answer the cheeseburger question? Their ground beef is that bad?? You also need to let a shit ton of pitmasters know that their meats suck. Also a whole bunch of Michelin star chefs. Those fucking millionaire idiots are ruining their meats with glazes and such, hence why they only have millions of dollars.
Cheese on a burger is your argument? FFS, Sparky, give up.

They are ruining their meats trying to be artsy. I don’t know where you live but, I live in DFW. Town Hearth, Knife, and the aforementioned steak places - I never get a sauce and I never want my steak cut up… just never understood it.

Now, a bacon cheeseburger with jalapeños? Oh hell yes. And mustard.

I’m guessing you are a mayo guy by you constant crying.

TJHall1

Legendary
Cheese on a burger is your argument? FFS, Sparky, give up.

They are ruining their meats trying to be artsy. I don’t know where you live but, I live in DFW. Town Hearth, Knife, and the aforementioned steak places - I never get a sauce and I never want my steak cut up… just never understood it.

Now, a bacon cheeseburger with jalapeños? Oh hell yes. And mustard.

I’m guessing you are a mayo guy by you constant crying.
These millionaires, who are millionaires because of their cooking ability, are ruining their meats!?? The best chefs in the world are ruining their food!

Hahahahaha. Can't make this shit up, folks. We've got a real life retard here.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Just an absolutely retard level comment by pineapple.
And isn't this place for back and forths?

If it was meant 100% literally, yes, retarded. I don't think he literally meant you never put anything on any meat unless your meat sucks...understanding hyperbole, I'd say he was talking shit, and generally meant good meat doesn't need sauce like poorly cooked meat might use to try to cover for its taste, or lack thereof.

A fair point, that I'd agree on to an extent. I hate when pulled pork is just smothered in sauce, especially mustard sauce like Maurice's. It tells me the cook likely is trying to hide his poorly cooked pork.

TJHall1

Legendary
If it was meant 100% literally, yes, retarded. I don't think he literally meant you never put anything on any meat unless your meat sucks...understanding hyperbole, I'd say he was talking shit, and generally meant good meat doesn't need sauce like poorly cooked meat might use to try to cover for its taste, or lack thereof.

A fair point, that I'd agree on to an extent. I hate when pulled pork is just smothered in sauce, especially mustard sauce like Maurice's. It tells me the cook likely is trying to hide his poorly cooked pork.
Yup, I agree with all that. But he just doubled down by saying the best chefs in the world ruin their meat with sauces. Mind you, they are considered the best in the world because their foods taste the best in the world.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Yup, I agree with all that. But he just doubled down by saying the best chefs in the world ruin their meat with sauces. Mind you, they are considered the best in the world because their foods taste the best in the world.

Hmm, I see that in post #81. Going to have to leave @Pineapple to go it alone on that one. I can't agree with sauce on meat ruining it by being artsy...at least, can't make that statement across the board. Delicious? Yes. Artsy? Doubtful. Anyway, I'm more curious about a restaurant that cuts your meat up for you. I need to go to fancier places I guess, never heard of such a thing.

TJHall1

Legendary
Hmm, I see that in post #81. Going to have to leave @Pineapple to go it alone on that one. I can't agree with sauce on meat ruining it by being artsy...at least, can't make that statement across the board. Delicious? Yes. Artsy? Doubtful. Anyway, I'm more curious about a restaurant that cuts your meat up for you. I need to go to fancier places I guess, never heard of such a thing.
Yes, thinking the main reason they use sauces is to be artsy is just plain stupid. People aren't paying top dollar for ruined meat because it looks artsy.

Pineapple

Legendary
Yes, thinking the main reason they use sauces is to be artsy is just plain stupid. People aren't paying top dollar for ruined meat because it looks artsy.
Then why do smart people get the sauces on the side or, and you’ll need to look this up Sparky, sans the sauce?

Great meat doesn’t require sauce.

My wife’s - From a James Beard winning chef. I had the same without the sauce or cut up.

1652355675990.jpeg

Town Hearth… didn’t realize they cut before the table. This one is mine.

1652355752471.jpeg

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Then why do smart people get the sauces on the side or, and you’ll need to look this up Sparky, sans the sauce?

Great meat doesn’t require sauce.

My wife’s - From a James Beard winning chef. I had the same without the sauce or cut up.

View attachment 100820

Town Hearth… didn’t realize they cut before the table. This one is mine.

View attachment 100821

I was hoping if you ordered it cut up that it came to the table whole, and Porterhouse, or whoever, would stand there silently, with a knife and fork to cut you a piece as needed.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
I throw that shit in the trash and buy some brisket. If forced to eat that abomination, I don’t like to find some crappy ass cole slaw on it. That’s disgusting and only there to cover how terrible the meat is.

Yort welcome.
I watch several cooking shows. They make nice looking dishes then adulterate them with cole slaw, sour cream or some other creama.

RollyInRaleigh

Legendary
I think people are gonna eat it however they like it and just because you like it a certain way doesn’t make that way the best for everyone else.

TJHall1

Legendary
I think people are gonna eat it however they like it and just because you like it a certain way doesn’t make that way the best for everyone else.
love-yes.gif

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
No, it’s right for you...just don’t be stupid and think everyone else should like it that way...

I'm just messing with you. Lighten up, everybody in here is just saying how they like BBQ...we just talk a little shit while we do it. Isn't that how men are supposed to talk about things like BBQ and college football? Obviously everyone has different tastes & all that.

RollyInRaleigh

Legendary
I'm just messing with you. Lighten up, everybody in here is just saying how they like BBQ...we just talk a little shit while we do it. Isn't that how men are supposed to talk about things like BBQ and college football? Obviously everyone has different tastes & all that.
Ohhh, I get it. You can talk shit but I gotta lighten up. 😂😂😂

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Ohhh, I get it. You can talk shit but I gotta lighten up. 😂😂😂

You can do whatever you want. You seemed bothered by everyone telling people how bbq was supposed to be, so I was just explaining that we were all just talking shit & not to take it seriously. Perhaps I misunderstood your posts & you were not taking them seriously at all.

No, it’s right for you...just don’t be stupid and think everyone else should like it that way...

RollyInRaleigh

Legendary
You can do whatever you want. You seemed bothered by everyone telling people how bbq was supposed to be, so I was just explaining that we were all just talking shit & not to take it seriously. Perhaps I misunderstood your posts & you were not taking them seriously at all.
I’m not bothered at all. You seem bothered that I offered my opinion. You can do whatever you like....That’s not gonna keep me from stating my own opinion. If you don’t care for what I have to say, I don’t know what to tell you.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I’m not bothered at all. You seem bothered that I offered my opinion. You can do whatever you like....That’s not gonna keep me from stating my own opinion. If you don’t care for what I have to say, I don’t know what to tell you.

Gotcha. You are not bothered, and just offered your opinion that others should not assume their way is the best way for everyone else. Noted.

Rube Reaper

Elite
Pigs can’t fly, but you better bet your ass Trump one the 2020 election! That’s not even in dispute, groomer.
“2/3 ain’t bad”…

Of course I’m a proud groomer. We should all groom children and others to be accepting of LGTBQ+ people and their parents rights! 🏳️‍🌈

Top Bottom