Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Haven't had one of these yet over here (Dog thread)

Almost 15 full years with this buddy of mine, Captain. Had to say good bye for the final time on Sunday.

Captain was a constant in my life for so long. I changed jobs, houses, went from have no kids to now having a 9 and 7 year old, and he was always here with me. And now he's not. It doesn't even feel real. Two day later and I'm still in a fog trying to process this new life without him.

The reality that he is no longer in this world, that he now only exist in my memories, and I can't see him or touch him right now if I wanted to is hard to grasp.

It sucks, it hurts, so fvcking bad

Puppy.jpgdog.pngold dog.jpg

Captain was a goofy thoroughbred athlete back in his day.

He use to run his ass off in an open field behind my house. He was so damn fast. He would've beaten any of yall's dogs in a race (unless your dog is a greyhound). He was also one of the most loyal, and gentle sprites I have ever known.

Being around "his people", which was mostly me, and then my wife and kiddos was his one true love in life.

Losing those you love is tough, but losing those who truly love you is even harder. As we all only have a small finite number of those around us at any given time during our lives.

captain1.JPGcaptain2.jpgcaptain3.jpgcaptain5.jpgcaptain4.jpg

Last edited:

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
She's my girl. Actually got her for my wife but I've fallen love.

Typically works that way. When I was younger my mom and I brought home a Corgi out of no where. My step dad was so pissed for a week.

14 years later he was holding her crying while she was put down.

Him and that female Corgi, Sandy, were so attached it was ridiculous.

DirtyPlayer

Poster
Almost 15 full years with this buddy of mine, Captain. Had to say good bye for the final time on Sunday.

Captain was a constant in my life for so long. I changed jobs, houses, went from have no kids to now having a 9 and 7 year old, and he was always here with me. And now he's not. It doesn't even feel real. Two day later and I'm still in a fog trying to process this new life without him.

The reality that he is no longer in this world, that he now only exist in my memories, and I can't see him or touch him right now if I wanted to is hard to grasp.

It sucks, it hurts, so fvcking bad

View attachment 1068View attachment 1069View attachment 1070
Sorry for your loss brother. Lost my long time pup 9-10-17 and just this April was able to get a new best friend. Here’s my beautiful girl Cersei...

5822AFD6-E4B0-443B-8079-6BE7AAEB16C6.jpeg

JuliusLeRoy

Elite
Founder
KvJqU7.jpg

Top Bottom