Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Has anyone heard of the Urantia Book?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I had seen it mentioned online before maybe once, but was at a book store this weekend in Nashville and bought a copy.

It is presented almost like a religious text and appeared in Chicago in the 1950s. 1/3 of the book is written referencing the life of Jesus, and while most claims align with Christianity, a few of the points are heretical

Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimi Hendrix and Jerry Garcia were all readers of the Urantia book

Jtrain80

Legendary
I had seen it mentioned online before maybe once, but was at a book store this weekend in Nashville and bought a copy.

It is presented almost like a religious text and appeared in Chicago in the 1950s. 1/3 of the book is written referencing the life of Jesus, and while most claims align with Christianity, a few of the points are heretical

Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimi Hendrix and Jerry Garcia were all readers of the Urantia book

Not heard of it, but your reading list is impressive to say the least.

I gave up paper writing right after phones w screens came into being. Serious error on my part that I need to remedy. Little more work to seek out, but worth the effort.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Not heard of it, but your reading list is impressive to say the least.

I gave up paper writing right after phones w screens came into being. Serious error on my part that I need to remedy. Little more work to seek out, but worth the effort.
I’m much more of a collector than a thorough reader though. I like to collect books that are rare or hard to find.

Top Bottom