Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Silent Years - Connecting Western Civilization and Biblical History during the "Silent Years"

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I am not a Bible scholar or a Historian, but I've always been interested in how Biblical history connects with the history of Western Civilization. I have some theories which I will hold off from now,

but from what I understand,

There is a a gap between the Old Testament and the New Testament of 400 years (420BC - 6BC). This gap happens to be the same period that the prominent Greek philosophers provided the foundation for Western Civilization. Socrates was born in 470 BC, Plato in 428, Aristotle in 384. Aristotle was the tutor of Alexander the Great whose conquering laid the foundation for the spread of Christianity.

Afterwards, in the New Testament there is very little mention of the connection between the Greeks with the exception of a couple verses in Acts where Paul converted Dionysius the Areopagite in Athens in the presence of the statue of the No-Name God.

Afterwards Platonism has had some very interesting influences on shaping Christianity after the coming of Christ (see the Neo Platonics as one of the examples). In the 5th and 6th century there was a writer that went by the name of Pseudo-Dionysius the Areopagite who was a neoplatonic and one snippet from Wikipedia says this:

"The Dionysian writings and their mystical teaching were universally accepted throughout the East, amongst both Chalcedonians and non-Chalcedonians, and also had a strong impact in later medieval western mysticism, most notably Meister Eckhart."

Interesting to me, and the rabbit hole can go much, much deeper in both directions in time. Anyway thoughts?

D

Deleted member 2886

@Croot_Overlord -oh man I got heaps of thoughts on this sorta shit though I just ain't movtivated to share these just yet.
Bro, I've posted this PDF a few times, dunno whether you've had a chance to read it, but I would recommend doing so, it's rather fascinating and does indeed relate to events around the time period in question.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
@Croot_Overlord -oh man I got heaps of thoughts on this sorta shit though I just ain't movtivated to share these just yet.
Bro, I've posted this PDF a few times, dunno whether you've had a chance to read it, but I would recommend doing so, it's rather fascinating and does indeed relate to events around the time period in question.
I’ll be back for more discussion. The whole thing interests me a ton

D

Deleted member 2886

I’ll be back for more discussion. The whole thing interests me a ton
Same here man.

🤔Maybe I'm far too high to clearly articulate this.

Could say,...the whole thing is the most interesting,...of all things,...because,...is it not,... concerned with all things?

Ya know, it's so odd to remember the younger person, who I had been.

The one steeped in atheistic ignorance, and materialism.

He was possessed of absolute aversion with regard of spirituality, especially the Bible.

Totally convinced, arrogantly believing biblical texts were foolishness.

[To the fool, the genius seems foolish aye.]

😂Ironic af, writing this now, I can perceive how vastly ignorant he, the young me, was prior to exposure to biblical wisdom and spirituality.

Fascinating to imagine, decades from now, there may be an individual who flourishes from the me, now, who "looks" back at this me, at this moment, writing these words.

[How vastly ignorant might I appear?]
iDsAIXw.gif
Moving on,...

"Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?"

"Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruits; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit."

"A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit; neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit."

"Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."
(Matt. 7:15-20.)

Here's several screenshots of an interesting read, linked at the bottom.IMG_20220409_233327.jpgIMG_20220409_214521.jpgIMG_20220409_214600.jpgIMG_20220409_214642.jpgIMG_20220409_214734.jpgIMG_20220409_214814.jpgIMG_20220409_214859.jpgIMG_20220409_214936.jpgIMG_20220410_000745.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
Same here man.

🤔Maybe I'm far too high to clearly articulate this.

Could say,...the whole thing is the most interesting,...of all things,...because,...is it not,... concerned with all things?

Ya know, it's so odd to remember the younger person, who I had been.

The one steeped in atheistic ignorance, and materialism.

He was possessed of absolute aversion with regard of spirituality, especially the Bible.

Totally convinced, arrogantly believing biblical texts were foolishness.

[To the fool, the genius seems foolish aye.]

😂Ironic af, writing this now, I can perceive how vastly ignorant he, the young me, was prior to exposure to biblical wisdom and spirituality.

Fascinating to imagine, decades from now, there may be an individual who flourishes from the me, now, who "looks" back at this me, at this moment, writing these words.

[How vastly ignorant might I appear?]
View attachment 92298
Moving on,...

"Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?"

"Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruits; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit."

"A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit; neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit."

"Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."
(Matt. 7:15-20.)

Here's several screenshots of an interesting read, linked at the bottom.View attachment 92351View attachment 92299View attachment 92300View attachment 92302View attachment 92303View attachment 92304View attachment 92306View attachment 92307View attachment 92353
This is a dangerous path my friend.

While the Jewish people we see today are far from God, is that really any different than what we saw in the OT?

Weren't those Jewish people capable of idol worship, sacrificing children to Baal or Moloch, and reject the Messiah? At the same time, did God not restore those same people and even have the first followers of the Way come from Jewish heritage?

I do not count myself any better. I too struggled with the question posed above. I have little doubt some people who call themselves Jews are indeed not of the line of Abraham. I also have no authority to sort that out. God will do the judging. I will do the worshiping and be obedient to the mission he called me to take part.

D

Deleted member 2886

This is a dangerous path my friend.

Can't tell whether that is meant to be sincerely advising caution, or if it's a veiled threat.

Anyway, apparently I'd screwed up the link to the full article.

I will try to sort that out asap, so you may read all 333 pages.

D

Deleted member 2886

Since the document link didn't work, here's the PDF version of;
'From Cain to Khazaria'.
The original 333 pages of text has been condensed down to 60 PDF pages.

Hopefully this version works:

Ponder

Poster
Not that it means squat other than a DNA predisposition to generational trauma (some call curses), but the over identification in my family re being Jewish is what lead me to renouncing all forms of identity. It has been a process to be sure ... but giving up my Xtian relgion as I experienced it, was the first step to my unlearning. That said I felt very sorry for my grandmother who was once an avid practitioner where tragically in her last days was heavily influenced by my parents to ask the lord Jesus for forgiveness. She stopped lighting the candles. :(

It's only a dangerous path if you give it power. I reject it and all forms of doctrine that proclaim absolutes. As for historical information, unless it offers unconditional insights - the authoritative text means nothing to me other than what I personally experience. All forms of Authority from said systems of control has only ever added misery for those unable to bow. Alas - thanks to be the stars that there are now alternative texts no so bound with bombastic intellectual gobbledygook.

Last edited:

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
Can't tell whether that is meant to be sincerely advising caution, or if it's a veiled threat.

Anyway, apparently I'd screwed up the link to the full article.

I will try to sort that out asap, so you may read all 333 pages.
sincere caution.

God did choose the Jews and Israel. I don't know why, but he did. He will protect them, and eventually restore them to himself as they have, in large part, fallen away.

D

Deleted member 2886

sincere caution.

God did choose the Jews and Israel. I don't know why, but he did. He will protect them, and eventually restore them to himself as they have, in large part, fallen away.
Well if that is the case, then cheers friend,...thank you for your rather conspicuous concern.

Curious though,...what deems it so necessary to randomly caution anyone independently seeking to resolve unanswered questions?

If the dominant narrative is irrefutably sound,...then all answers will inevitably lead back to the single dominant narrative,...would it not?

Why would freely doing so, be encouraged against?,...how could that not be fundamentally detrimental to the dominant narrative?

Were independent validation encouraged, how could this not further reinforce the already irrefutable-dominant narrative?

How does the dominant narrative explain occurances between 420-6BCE?

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
Well if that is the case, then cheers friend,...thank you for your rather conspicuous concern.

Curious though,...what deems it so necessary to randomly caution anyone independently seeking to resolve unanswered questions?

If the dominant narrative is irrefutably sound,...then all answers will inevitably lead back to the single dominant narrative,...would it not?

Why would freely doing so, be encouraged against?,...how could that not be fundamentally detrimental to the dominant narrative?

Were independent validation encouraged, how could this not further reinforce the already irrefutable-dominant narrative?

How does the dominant narrative explain occurances between 420-6BCE?
The irrefutable and dominant narrative is that there is one true God who created the entire universe and everything in it including man.

That man lost faith in this God who created him and sin, and thus death entered the world that keeps us from the proper relationship with the Creator. Instead of forsaking us, God in his immense love and grace, sent the perfect sacrifice, his only son, to live a sinless life and die a death he doesn't deserve as substitution for the rightful wage you, me, and everyone else who has ever lived owes for our sin. He then rose from the grave after 3 days conquering both the physical and spiritual death, and all that believed in him would have eternal life.

I can walk you through why that is the only logical view to answer the 4 key questions we answer within a framework of a "good God/Higher Power"

1. Origin - Where did we come from?
2. Meaning - Why are we here?
3. Morality - How do we know the difference between right & wrong?
4. Destiny - Where are we going?

At the same time, the free thinker might pose the question, what is the weight of 400 years on the scale of eternity?

D

Deleted member 2886

The irrefutable and dominant narrative is that there is one true God who created the entire universe and everything in it including man.

That man lost faith in this God who created him and sin, and thus death entered the world that keeps us from the proper relationship with the Creator. Instead of forsaking us, God in his immense love and grace, sent the perfect sacrifice, his only son, to live a sinless life and die a death he doesn't deserve as substitution for the rightful wage you, me, and everyone else who has ever lived owes for our sin. He then rose from the grave after 3 days conquering both the physical and spiritual death, and all that believed in him would have eternal life.

I can walk you through why that is the only logical view to answer the 4 key questions we answer within a framework of a "good God/Higher Power"

1. Origin - Where did we come from?
2. Meaning - Why are we here?
3. Morality - How do we know the difference between right & wrong?
4. Destiny - Where are we going?

At the same time, the free thinker might pose the question, what is the weight of 400 years on the scale of eternity?
Ok?,...thanks?

@Hoosier in Mad Town I agree with what you have written, so why are you falsely implying otherwise?

Look mate, I am unsure as to why you're explaining something I'm already well aware of.

Please cut the covert passive aggressive nonsense, either enlighten me as to the basis of your seemingly erroneous assumptions, or stop with the 'Holier Than Thou'-virtue signaling you are employing to veil your deceptive rhetorical tactics.

I do not appreciate your deceptive efforts at painting me as some fictional thing that you have thought up.

What you are doing, is attempting to "Smear" me, while "Gaslighting" readers with your own "Projections".

Are you intending to provoke and mislead readers into jumping on your "Bandwagon" so to participate with you in a "Smear Campaign"???

Top Bottom