Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Free Speech Fats Unite---trying to lose some lbs

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
The fact that they struggle with it is why their fat. It’s a never ending cycle.
I'd struggle with that shit and I'm 6'3 175.

People need to find things they enjoy to eat that meet their goals.

EX: I don't fuck with chicken that isn't fried but I enjoy cottage cheese. Chicken can be replaced with cottage cheese as many times as a person wants.

TLDR: Diets shouldn't be rigid if the goal is maintaining the diet.

Peach-head

Poster

EX: I don't fuck with chicken that isn't fried but I enjoy cottage cheese. Chicken can be replaced with cottage cheese as many times as a person wants.

Works for me. I just gained 6.5lbs muscle and lost 2lbs fat over 2 months.

irishaaron

Poster
Take your goal weight and multiply that by 10. That’s how many calories you get per day. Count every single calorie and don’t eat anything that you can’t count. Try to eat your last meal at least 4 hours before you go to bed at night. Walk 1 hour per day. If you can’t walk 1 hour all at once then split it up in 30 minute walks.

Hoppo

Elite
Founder
Friend of mine runs a fitness program called Sabertooth Fitness. The diet plan is pretty strict - basically paleo with beans - but it is effective. Exercise plan is alternating between body-weight HIIT and cardio each day, 3x/week for each. A few years ago I was really, really fat, like I didn't even realize how much I had let myself go. I'm still overweight but I dropped like 40 pounds in 3 months, and I at least try to keep a decent diet and get some exercise now.

To follow up on my post, another program I like is TMAC Fitness. Todd McCullough was a linebacker for UF back in the early 2000s, and now does fitness coaching. The one problem with my buddy's Sabertooth Fitness program is it can be frustrating because there is really no beginner track. Like right now I'm really off track. I had COVID about 6 weeks ago - wasn't really bad, but knocked me down for a couple weeks and I've been sedentary since I got sick. There's no way I could jump into 3 days of intensive hourlong HIIT sessions and 3 days of hourlong intense cardio every week. TMAC does a 20 minute workout instead, which is also supplemented with two 20 minute periods of less intensive activities (i.e. walking) spread throughout the day. There is also a track of beginner-level workouts which are not hard to step into when you've been lying around convalescing for a few weeks. My plan is to start there, and keep ratcheting up the intensity every couple weeks, maybe jump into one of the free Sabertooth challenges my buddy Pete runs from time to time when I'm ready.

Diet plans are pretty similar. Sabertooth's is more comprehensive, basically paleo with beans. TMAC more simplified and more similar to Whole 30 - if you can hunt it or pick it, it's OK to eat.

I've let myself go as well, OP, and I've been getting back on track as of Monday. I'll still be a fat, but I'll be a much healthier fat.

Govolsbaby

Poster
So glad this thread is alive and well. The last week and a half have reminded me of what starting over at the gym looks like. I normally wear shoe inserts from the Good Feet store but I forgot them a couple days last week, coupled with 2 days of boot camp cardio workouts, and my left foot swelled up like a grapefruit this last weekend. I'm almost done hobbling around and believe me, if nothing else it's motivated me even more to get off my ass and fucking eat better.

Point of the rant is to make sure to take care of your feet. Any joint pain, hell, achilles, etc., check the shoes/inserts you're using.

Keep it up ya'll.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
I replaced breakfast and lunch with two bulletproof coffees.

I don't eat during the day unless I get nauseous. If I do, I have a handful of peanuts.

First few days you will hate life, however it gets better. Master yourself.

Last edited:

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
I replaced breakfast and lunch with two bulletproof coffees.

I don't eat during the day unless I get nauseous. If I do, I have a handful of peanuts.
I drink a super coffee with MCT oil and 10 grams of protein. It is great for stemming hunger pains.

TJHall1

Legendary

6'3 175?

tenor.gif

Don't know if anybody mentioned it twt, but drawing a hard cutoff for eating and drinking is a good psychological practice. It also has benefits. For the month of March my cutoff is 8 every day but Friday.

this is what I need to do. The toughest part is not eating at 10 pm at night. All that is for me is a bad habit

America 1st

Founder
Not too bad for someone who has a diet of tequila, Doritos w/ french onion dip, and bacon. I don't drink water so that helps a smidgen.

Haven't been over 200 since high school but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
Two weeks in and feeling good. Down about 10 lbs, and shirts fit better. Miss taking satisfying dumps, but not as much going in my cake hole these days.
Plan is to continue for 6 weeks and switch to keto.

natureboyricflair

Poster
Founder
I’ve lost 130 pounds in two years. Am about 20 pounds from my first major goal and 50 pounds from my senior year of high school weight.

- Intermittent fasting, I do it every day from 12-8 or 11-7 and supplement urges with extra water, coffee or tea (no sugar)
- Toughest thing was eliminating soft drinks. I could drink 2-3 diet Coke’s a day. Wiping them completely was huge.
- Water intake; If I don’t consume at least 100 oz of water a day I don’t feel right. I never fully realized how important water was until I got on this journey and realized what a fat ass slob I was.
- Limit whiskey / bourbon to one or two nights a week and only a glass here or there
- More Titos
- Tracking calories and food intake daily
- Zone minutes. I workout 6 days a week at a minimum and aim for 200 total zone minutes which is fat burning heart rate or higher. This week I have 316 zone minutes and am getting ready for a quick Saturday afternoon sesh at the gym.

The other stuff:
- Product wise. Last March/April I did Live Pure system and it helped me knock off 25 pounds and got me in a rhythm tracking my diet and intermittent fasting. If anybody is interested, I had to buy into damn thing to get the big pack of juices and shakes so technically I sell it even though I’ve only bought things off of myself over the year lol. It was great as a jump start but too expensive to continue when I can get similar supplements cheaper. Now supplement wise, I do GNC mega man, one daily CLA, a probiotic and muscle milk protein. I also give myself a weekly B12 shot.
- I went from a 12.4 A1C and Type 2 diabetes to a 5.2 and no longer a diabetic. I had completely come off of blood pressure meds, then I got Covid and blood pressure came back with regular brain fog so even with my positive lifestyle changes I’m back on a low dose lisinopril.

- The most important thing. From last August until January, I plateaued and fluctuated within a 10-15 pound zone. It happens. But I never gave up. I tried changing parts of my diet, changing workout routines, the whole nine. Late January, it started breaking again and now I’m back slowly dropping here and there toward my goal. If this had been four or five years ago, I would’ve quit and been right back where I was. But I never wavered and kept working out and eating right and not going overboard. Maintaining a complete healthy lifestyle for more than one year, never wavering from gym and activity (even during Covid) has been my biggest achievement. Now I’m at the point where I can’t see life without it. I need the high from working out.

I’ve gone from a 4X to a comfortable 2X, and damn sure will be XL by the end of the year. No slowing down. Below August 2018 to November 2020

AA304159-2AEC-4017-9127-D511EB4690C4.jpeg

Quatch$

Elite
I’ve lost 130 pounds in two years. Am about 20 pounds from my first major goal and 50 pounds from my senior year of high school weight.

- Intermittent fasting, I do it every day from 12-8 or 11-7 and supplement urges with extra water, coffee or tea (no sugar)
- Toughest thing was eliminating soft drinks. I could drink 2-3 diet Coke’s a day. Wiping them completely was huge.
- Water intake; If I don’t consume at least 100 oz of water a day I don’t feel right. I never fully realized how important water was until I got on this journey and realized what a fat ass slob I was.
- Limit whiskey / bourbon to one or two nights a week and only a glass here or there
- More Titos
- Zone minutes. I workout 6 days a week at a minimum and aim for 200 total zone minutes which is fat burning heart rate or higher. This week I have 316 zone minutes and am getting ready for a quick Saturday afternoon sesh at the gym.

The other stuff:
- Product wise. Last March/April I did Live Pure system and it helped me knock off 25 pounds and got me in a rhythm tracking my diet and intermittent fasting. If anybody is interested, I had to buy into damn thing to get the big pack of juices and shakes so technically I sell it even though I’ve only bought things off of myself over the year lol. It was great as a jump start but too expensive to continue when I can get similar supplements cheaper. Now supplement wise, I do GNC mega man, one daily CLA, a probiotic and muscle milk protein. I also give myself a weekly B12 shot.
- I went from a 12.4 A1C and Type 2 diabetes to a 5.2 and no longer a diabetic. I had completely come off of blood pressure meds, then I got Covid and blood pressure came back with regular brain fog so even with my positive lifestyle changes I’m back on a low dose lisinopril.

- The most important thing. From last August until January, I plateaued and fluctuated within a 10-15 pound zone. It happens. But I never gave up. I tried changing parts of my diet, changing workout routines, the whole nine. Late January, it started breaking again and now I’m back slowly dropping here and there toward my goal. If this had been four or five years ago, I would’ve quit and been right back where I was. But I never wavered and kept working out and eating right and not going overboard. Maintaining a complete healthy lifestyle for more than one year, never wavering from gym and activity (even during Covid) has been my biggest achievement. Now I’m at the point where I can’t see life without it. I need the high from working out.

I’ve gone from a 4X to a comfortable 2X, and damn sure will be XL by the end of the year. No slowing down. Below August 2018 to November 2020

View attachment 9906
Keep it up man. That’s fucking awesome. I have dropped about 75 lbs over 2 years and thought that was good.

America 1st

Founder

- More Titos

The other stuff:

View attachment 9906
Good for you man! Congrats!

Keep dancing your cares away too! It's good for the soul!

Hoppo

Elite
Founder
OMG, just got home from the ER. My kidneys shut down. It felt like I got into a fight and someone kicked the shit out of my kidneys. As soon as Told the doc my kidneys were sore as hell he asked if I was doing keto and Insaid yes. He told me to immediately stop and eat some pasta. I did and I am 50% better already.
Whoa, seriously?

CBradSmith

Elite
Founder
OMG, just got home from the ER. My kidneys shut down. It felt like I got into a fight and someone kicked the shit out of my kidneys. As soon as Told the doc my kidneys were sore as hell he asked if I was doing keto and Insaid yes. He told me to immediately stop and eat some pasta. I did and I am 50% better already.
Damn you did it the wrong way bro.

Crich73

Poster
I've been doing keto on and off for five years and never had an issue with my kidneys.

Keto, plateaued, went low carb just like keto but changed to low fat high protein and that worked great.

Few years and 20 pounds later started over. Same results. Got back to 170s at 6'1" but what helped was intermittent fasting like I mentioned previously. I'm in my 40s, so I'm guessing my metabolism is slowing but pre covid I was at 11% bodyfat.

Once covid hit and having a gf I let loose. Gained a ton of weight from doritos, chips, pizza, beer, licorice, and candy. Went way past 210lbs, but started keto mid December slipping for a few weeks (stress) went back to candy at night (no chips or beer) but a big mac and ten piece every night. (Dont eat breakfast and mostly skip lunch) put on a few pounds back but started keto again. I'll probably get to 180s by summer and 170s by the end of the year as long as I dont fall off the wagon.

BluegrassPoke

Poster
Whoa, seriously?
Yep, I am 50. I was using a keto boost which I took a pick of earlier. It was partially a diuretic that was draining my body of fluids. I got an IV and some carb loaded food at the ER. After waking up this morning my kidneys are sore. The supplements I was taking simply put my kidneys in overdrive, more so that the keto diet.

Jtrain80

Legendary
Yep, I am 50. I was using a keto boost which I took a pick of earlier. It was partially a diuretic that was draining my body of fluids. I got an IV and some carb loaded food at the ER. After waking up this morning my kidneys are sore. The supplements I was taking simply put my kidneys in overdrive, more so that the keto diet.

Fuck dude!!! It ain't worth dying for. Ha!!

All the sports I played required you to get on a scale, so this has never been a problem for me.

Now, I am not nearly as scientific as these other gents, but substituting healthy meals, drinking a gallon of water a day, and exercising 3/4x a week does the trick for me.

Tuna fish & oatmeal is my healthy meal. Pack a sandwich lunch instead of fast food.

TJHall1

Legendary
I lost 38 pounds (224 to 186) in like 6 weeks from November to January. Basically at 1 meal a day, supper, and drank strictly water and vodka. If I drank enough and passed out then I wouldn't be able to stuff my face. Now I'm actually exercising and stuff again.

America 1st

Founder
I lost 38 pounds (224 to 186) in like 6 weeks from November to January. Basically at 1 meal a day, supper, and drank strictly water and vodka. If I drank enough and passed out then I wouldn't be able to stuff my face. Now I'm actually exercising and stuff again.
You must have the body of a skinny 6th grade girl

Long cat

Elite
I did keto for about a month and my thyroid got swollen and really sore. It felt like a sore muscle and I could barely turn my head enough to drive. I went back to my normal diet and it was fine a couple days later.

America 1st

Founder
6' 190 is the body of a skinny girl? I'd hate to see what you think a fat girl looks like.
I was really laughing at you losing 6.5 lbs a week for 6 weeks, only drinking vodka, and eating one meal 🤣

TJHall1

Legendary
I was really laughing at you losing 6.5 lbs a week for 6 weeks, only drinking vodka, and eating one meal 🤣
It sucked. I was drunk a lot. In the 2 months since then I've only gained back 3 pounds, but I'm not drunk nearly as much, which sucks.

buff182

Poster
Founder
I have done intermittent fasting and keto 20-4 for the last 43 days straight. I am down 28lbs. Need to lose 46 more. I also do a 48 hour fast every other week. This is the easiest diet I’ve ever been on and the most sustainable.

The game changer for me was learning all about Autophagy and it’s benefits.

remember when you stall out on keto do a Beef and butter, Egg or bacon fast. When I stall they kick me right out of it. Also I drink 160 oz of water no matter what every day.

Top Bottom