Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Food riots across the world

CDDP

Legendary
Founder
are high AF. A lot of fertilizer comes out of Russia and Belarus.

FOSqA3HX0AE545q

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
Described in a post earlier in the winter how we had literally run out of chicken shit in our area. We have a lot of chicken houses in our area from which farmers routinely obtain the litter at a very low cost to supplement nitrogen & other materials. Don't won't to use it too much as it can actually damage land over time. In any case there's always an abundance of it and it's low cost as it's just waste the houses have to do something with anyway. We tried to get shipments for spreading and found none was available as other farmers had gobbled it up. Also obtaining pot ash is hit or miss right now & very expensive.

We had a large burn pile in one of the orchards from which I used a backhoe to move several tons & spread in the orchards as a supplement. First time we've ever done this but we're all searching for new ways to get the land ready. Then there's chemical shortages, parts shortages, labor shortages, & all are at a premium if you can even get them.

Will be an interesting year on the farm

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Wait till this summer when North Africa and the Middle East (which get most of their grain from Russia/Ukraine) have food shortages. Arab Spring 2.0

Europe gonna get flooded with more refugees

Interesting thoughts. I would imagine the United States is wealthy enough to buy fertilizer ahead of the african nations. The poorest nations will get the hardest. Excellent thoughts, will be interesting to see what happens.

Jtrain80

Legendary
Described in a post earlier in the winter how we had literally run out of chicken shit in our area. We have a lot of chicken houses in our area from which farmers routinely obtain the litter at a very low cost to supplement nitrogen & other materials. Don't won't to use it too much as it can actually damage land over time. In any case there's always an abundance of it and it's low cost as it's just waste the houses have to do something with anyway. We tried to get shipments for spreading and found none was available as other farmers had gobbled it up. Also obtaining pot ash is hit or miss right now & very expensive.

We had a large burn pile in one of the orchards from which I used a backhoe to move several tons & spread in the orchards as a supplement. First time we've ever done this but we're all searching for new ways to get the land ready. Then there's chemical shortages, parts shortages, labor shortages, & all are at a premium if you can even get them.

Will be an interesting year on the farm

Now do fuel costs.

Sometimes we have to laugh to keep from crying.

Emma tenywa

Elite
@Emma tenywa how are things looking from your perspective
Yeah, curious what the stores and prices look like over there also.

@Emma tenywa
The same story, fuel prices have rose by a average of about 150% per gallon across the nation, from about $1.2 to $3 and $5 in some places. The government blamed the break in supply chain and when things got better, the price fell back To an average of $1.5 and $1.7 in other areas.this is still so high to an average ugandan who needs to spend less than $4 in a day.
Consumer goods have not been spared. Most have seen their prices increase by a percentage between 40% to 80% depending on the region. Food prices have remained quite stable with a slight increase. There has been public outcry for government intervention and The prime minister had a meeting with the manufacturers and then reported back to the country that there's nothing the government can do, and the increase in prices are due to the rising fuel prices. Last week, the president had a presser and blamed the increasing prices on the Russia-ukraine war

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
The same story, fuel prices have rose by a average of about 150% per gallon across the nation, from about $1.2 to $3 and $5 in some places. The government blamed the break in supply chain and when things got better, the price fell back To an average of $1.5 and $1.7 in other areas.this is still so high to an average ugandan who needs to spend less than $4 in a day.
Consumer goods have not been spared. Most have seen their prices increase by a percentage between 40% to 80% depending on the region. Food prices have remained quite stable with a slight increase. There has been public outcry for government intervention and The prime minister had a meeting with the manufacturers and then reported back to the country that there's nothing the government can do, and the increase in prices are due to the rising fuel prices. Last week, the president had a presser and blamed the increasing prices on the Russia-ukraine war
Very clear messaging. You should write news

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Read a Nigerian billionaire had started a fertilizer company 5 years ago. He claimed he could cover most of what is lost from Russia.
I just bought a freezer and started fill it up. Have 6 months of my patriots supply. I hope it doesn't get bad but this is scary

Jtrain80

Legendary
Give us an update from the front lines? Whats work been like for you?

Same shit different day. Down in Lufkin TX at the moment. Just beautiful country.

Doing work for smaller independent companies lately. They don't like the high prices because it draws in outsiders looking to cash in. Drives up the cost of leases. Supply chain and man power issues are still present. We run through 5,000 gal of diesel every 24 hrs just to give an idea of the extra costs.

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but most companies are hedged at ~65/bbl. So the insurance companies/large financial institutions are the ones cleaning house right now. Can explain in further detail if anyone wants me too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom