Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

First Official Lawn Thread

I need to come up with some sort of game plan for my yard. My biggest problem seems to be the soil underneath, of mostly weeds, is sand. Living on the Gulf Coast that isn't a shocker but the only thing that's been thriving is weeds. A few weeks ago, I spent the good part of a day pulling weeds in the front yard and now my yard looks like I'm across the street from the beach instead of 5 minutes from it.

Back yard is mostly pool/pool deck so there's not as much concern. I guess my question is, do I need to wait until next Jan/Feb to start prepping my yard.....as in dropping top soil and laying down sod or can I do it now? Don't remember it looking this scraggily in years past.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Beautiful....how far did you cut them back?
Look up about 3 posts and you will see the before picture.

Nice job @Croot_Overlord, they are looking good.

Still having problems with my yard. I tried more watering but it still looks like shit. Getting price quotes for synthetic turf. At this point it can't get much worse. I think the lack of sunlight, sandy soil, too many oak trees, oh yeah and a dog, is too much to overcome.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Look up about 3 posts and you will see the before picture.

Nice job @Croot_Overlord, they are looking good.

Still having problems with my yard. I tried more watering but it still looks like shit. Getting price quotes for synthetic turf. At this point it can't get much worse. I think the lack of sunlight, sandy soil, too many oak trees, oh yeah and a dog, is too much to overcome.
I still got the dog problem. I’ve got just a little sliver of backyard over the city drainage ditch so it’s a really small area for the dogs. Glad to have a space for them in the back, but it never gets right

34444AC9-160E-492F-86E1-8691246A980E.jpeg

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Was gone most of the weekend and now I’ve got to get the grass cut before the week starts. Last thing I want to do

@BamaRidger come bail me out and I’ll buy you a top shelf margarita

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Todays my first time being able to get out since shoulder surgery. Neglected everything all of fall basically.

Fortunately I don’t get a ton of leaves, but still looks kind of shitty outside

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I’m about to get out there and do a lot of cleaning up. Things kinda went to shit in the fall cause my shoulder was busted. Looking forward to a good yard this year

I bet @TheNJNole is pumped for a bounce back from last years debacle

Top Bottom