Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
Just got my league started back after sitting out last year.

I just saw how much Yelich struggled in 2020. What was the deal there?

Also did any rookies pop last year I need to know about?

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
Last year was an outlier IMO. If I am drafting in the Top 5 and Yelich is there, I am taking him.
Small sample size makes it tough to evaluate some of these performances. You gotta think his ADP is gonna climb all preseason as long as he seems healthy.

Bo Bichette in the top 25? I missed that breakout

Fever757

Poster
Founder
Small sample size makes it tough to evaluate some of these performances. You gotta think his ADP is gonna climb all preseason as long as he seems healthy.

Bo Bichette in the top 25? I missed that breakout
He did great last year until he got dinged up and COVID. He was one of my steals.

He is now surrounded by some power which is going to get him more plate appearances and opportunities.

Is he top 25? Close. He is a top 3 or 4 SS, no doubt and that's a thin position. I would take him over Bregman. Bregman is a SS/3B in my league.

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
He did great last year until he got dinged up and COVID. He was one of my steals.

He is now surrounded by some power which is going to get him more plate appearances and opportunities.

Is he top 25? Close. He is a top 3 or 4 SS, no doubt and that's a thin position. I would take him over Bregman. Bregman is a SS/3B in my league.
I was a Bregman fanboy a couple years ago. He's still only 26 (almost 27). Looks like Bregs could have suffered a bit from small sample size last year (.256 BABIP, Hard Hit % down). I think I might be interested still, esp at a discounted price from 2019/2020

Fever757

Poster
Founder
I was a Bregman fanboy a couple years ago. He's still only 26 (almost 27). Looks like Bregs could have suffered a bit from small sample size last year (.256 BABIP, Hard Hit % down). I think I might be interested still, esp at a discounted price from 2019/2020
Also might have suffered from not knowing what pitch was coming...

BLatta12

Administrator
Administrator
Watch out for Tampa Rays Left Fielder Randy Arozarena. He set the single post season record for home runs in 2020. He could be a nice value pick in a fantasy draft.45D93A4F-CE22-49F6-B59A-2CA9126AB279.jpeg

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Watch out for Tampa Rays Left Fielder Randy Arozarena. He set the single post season record for home runs in 2020. He could be a nice value pick in a fantasy draft.View attachment 7972
I’m definitely interested in ole Randy. Didn’t he get into some wife beating or something in the off-season though? Is he gonna have a suspension?

Whiskey&Weed

Poster
Founder
Watch out for Tampa Rays Left Fielder Randy Arozarena. He set the single post season record for home runs in 2020. He could be a nice value pick in a fantasy draft.View attachment 7972

He made the top 100 players in baseball but I don’t think he’s anything more than a 270 hitter in an average lineup. OP draft my boy Yaz. I graduated with him in HS

BLatta12

Administrator
Administrator
Anyone here interested in head to head classic draft league using the host site Fantrax.com? I plan to Commish a 10-14 owner league.

Whiskey&Weed

Poster
Founder
Mike’s had a really interesting career trajectory. He had pretty solid stats during the shortened season last year. Seen he is listed at a the #61 overall OF on one of the fangraphs list
MLB.com has him top 50. He took awhile to make the majors but the game is starting to slow down for him. Think he was a 4 year guy at vandy and has been a regular in the show since 2019. He’ll be steady again this year because unlike most 30 year olds he’s still in his prime.

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
I see that Wander Franco has finally attained the crown of top prospect (I think it was always expected, but sometimes these things don't play out like you would think).

Prospects TLDR: Franco is as good as a prospect can get, checking every box on a performance, scouting, and analytical level.

I'm moving from a dynasty format to a redraft format so I'm gonna have to learn to stay away from all these prospects

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Need to get this shit bumped - about time to start preppin for draft

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Who is in the "best shape of his life" bucket this year

BLatta12

Administrator
Administrator
I've heard good things about Juan Soto. Comparisons numbers wise to Ted Williams.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I've heard good things about Juan Soto. Comparisons numbers wise to Ted Williams.

Soto is an animal. I remember the debate between him and Acuna early on. It always seemed like acuna ran away with it, but Soto is very close

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
10 team 6x6 H2H league - No AVG and instead OBP and SLG as separate cats. SV, HDs, QS all seperate (no W's)

Doing a live slow draft right now - drafting 9th.

Got 9. Bryce Harper and 11. Christian Yelich

Pretty happy there

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

Rusty Student

2023 Fantasy Baseball 🏆
Founder
Should I trade Gavin Lux for Ohtani (batter)?

Other 2bs include: Biggio, Dubon, Ownings

20 team league..

BLatta12

Administrator
Administrator
4/2/21 MLB Daily Fantasy Sports/Beat The Streak Predictions:

For Beat the Streak, I like Xander Bogaerts, Fernando Tatis jr, AJ Pollock (in that order).

For DFS, the Dodgers all have 6 guys (Pollock, Bellinger, Turner, Seager, Beaty, Taylor) that hit 0.250 AVG and above with a total of 4 hrs against Antonio Senzatela. I like the Dodgers to win based on the hitting matchup and Bauer on the mound.

BLatta12

Administrator
Administrator
How does this work again?
Download the free MLB Beat the Streak App. Each day you select up to two batters to get a hit. If you get to 57 in a row (never been done in history of game) breaking Joe DiMaggio’s 56 hit streak, you win $5.6 million. Even if you don’t get 57, the longest hit streak of the year over 20 hits wins $10,000.

absoluteUnit

Check out the size of this lad
Download the free MLB Beat the Streak App. Each day you select up to two batters to get a hit. If you get to 57 in a row (never been done in history of game) breaking Joe DiMaggio’s 56 hit streak, you win $5.6 million. Even if you don’t get 57, the longest hit streak of the year over 20 hits wins $10,000.
Can you reuse players?

BLatta12

Administrator
Administrator
Beat the streak 4/3/21: Charlie Blackmon, Cody Bellinger, Freddie Freeman, Yadier Molina
Blackmon - 1 for 3
Bellinger - 0 for 4 ouch
Freeman - 0 for 3 wheeler buzz saw
Molina - 1 for 3

Sunday suggestions?

Top Bottom