Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread

Sparty1045

Elite
Founder
Who are your top 2?
Trout and Yellich but I need to see the starting lineups to see if they’re protected.

Matt Harvey is pitching vs. Boston so I may choose two players from Boston. Maybe Vertigo, Devers or Martinez

Edit: Trout and Yellich could be pitched around. It’s tough when guys like that get walked

BLatta12

Administrator
Administrator
Trout and Yellich but I need to see the starting lineups to see if they’re protected.

Matt Harvey is pitching vs. Boston so I may choose two players from Boston. Maybe Vertigo, Devers or Martinez

Edit: Trout and Yellich could be pitched around. It’s tough when guys like that get walked
I like Devers. Not much for defense but he can swing it.

Whiskey&Weed

Poster
Founder
I have Tatis in an Auction Keeper league and he was my only SS so I trades Harper, Biggo and Schoop for Storey, Margot and Clevicle (Indians pitcher). I am now weak at OF but if Tatis is healthy I can play Storey at MI. I just didn't want Tatis to come back, suck and get surgery.

BLatta12

Administrator
Administrator
J.D. Martinez - 6 Game Hitting Streak
Andrelton Simmons (vs Marco Gonzales 7.5 ERA) - 12 for 29, 0.414 AVG, 1 2B, 2 R. 0.400 2021 AVG.

Sparty1045

Elite
Founder
J.D. Martinez - 6 Game Hitting Streak
Andrelton Simmons (vs Marco Gonzales 7.5 ERA) - 12 for 29, 0.414 AVG, 1 2B, 2 R. 0.400 2021 AVG.
Right now I have Blackmon and Devers. I’ll only take Devers if he’s hitting in front or behind JD.

BLatta12

Administrator
Administrator
Idk, just the potential of getting walked or pitched around. It will probably be a mistake. Don’t listen to me. I know baseball, but I make dumb moves.
You were correct on J.D Martinez (2 for 4) and Rafael Devers (2 for 3).

Simmons is 1 for 2 so far.

Streak up to 3.

Sparty1045

Elite
Founder
I usually am really bad at spelling and spell stuff wrong - guess I was lucky
I might switch off one of those two guys tomorrow but as of now I have the same two locked in.

Edit: sometimes I like to take guys who bat before or after the obvious picks(Freeman).

BLatta12

Administrator
Administrator
Be careful going with Freeman. Yes, a hit each of the last two games but he’s been struggling overall this year. Wheeler has been dealing, 0 ERA.

I’m going Seager and Altuve/Tucker.

Sparty1045

Elite
Founder
Be careful going with Freeman. Yes, a hit each of the last two games but he’s been struggling overall this year. Wheeler has been dealing, 0 ERA.

I’m going Seager and Altuve/Tucker.
No idea how I missed that Wheeler was pitching. Guess I got focused too much on his record vs pitcher. Thanks.

Going Seager and Blackmon.

Sparty1045

Elite
Founder
I didn’t know this but there’s a mulligan in the profile page. Idk if everyone has one or not.

BLatta12

Administrator
Administrator
Mulligan Feature

Sponsor shall make a one-time offer available during the Contest Period (the "Offer"), subject to certain terms and conditions specified at the time of the Offer, providing each participant the opportunity to have the first streak he/she accumulates of at least ten (10) and no more than fifteen (15) ("Mulligan Eligible Streak") automatically preserved if it would have otherwise been returned to zero in accordance with these Official Rules ("Mulligan"). Specifically, each participant that accepts the Offer by either entering a promotional code determined by Sponsor (the “Promotional Code”) on the Offer redemption page on the MLB.com Portal or in the Application (the “Offer Redemption Page”) or following the instructions provided by Sponsor on the Offer Redemption Page to accept the Offer without having to enter a Promotional Code, will automatically have the first Mulligan Eligible Streak he/she has accumulated preserved in the event the player he/she picks fails to get a hit in accordance with these Official Rules; provided, however that the Offer must be accepted before the Lock Time for such player. By way of example only, if a participant has accumulated a streak of twelve (12) and selects Mike Trout on a Game Day (as defined below) where he takes at bats and fails to earn a hit, his/her streak will remain at twelve (12) for that Game Day provided that he/she accepted the Offer prior to Mike Trout's Lock Time for the applicable Game Day. Participants will be given the option to accept the Offer at any time during the Contest Period. However, for the avoidance of doubt, the "Mulligan Feature" will be applied only to a Mulligan Eligible Streak once. See the Double Down Pick Section below for further information about how a Mulligan will save a streak if a participant makes a Double Down Pick.

Sparty1045

Elite
Founder
Mulligan Feature

Sponsor shall make a one-time offer available during the Contest Period (the "Offer"), subject to certain terms and conditions specified at the time of the Offer, providing each participant the opportunity to have the first streak he/she accumulates of at least ten (10) and no more than fifteen (15) ("Mulligan Eligible Streak") automatically preserved if it would have otherwise been returned to zero in accordance with these Official Rules ("Mulligan"). Specifically, each participant that accepts the Offer by either entering a promotional code determined by Sponsor (the “Promotional Code”) on the Offer redemption page on the MLB.com Portal or in the Application (the “Offer Redemption Page”) or following the instructions provided by Sponsor on the Offer Redemption Page to accept the Offer without having to enter a Promotional Code, will automatically have the first Mulligan Eligible Streak he/she has accumulated preserved in the event the player he/she picks fails to get a hit in accordance with these Official Rules; provided, however that the Offer must be accepted before the Lock Time for such player. By way of example only, if a participant has accumulated a streak of twelve (12) and selects Mike Trout on a Game Day (as defined below) where he takes at bats and fails to earn a hit, his/her streak will remain at twelve (12) for that Game Day provided that he/she accepted the Offer prior to Mike Trout's Lock Time for the applicable Game Day. Participants will be given the option to accept the Offer at any time during the Contest Period. However, for the avoidance of doubt, the "Mulligan Feature" will be applied only to a Mulligan Eligible Streak once. See the Double Down Pick Section below for further information about how a Mulligan will save a streak if a participant makes a Double Down Pick.
That’s confusing. So, you have to claim the mulligan prior to player locks?

BLatta12

Administrator
Administrator
That’s confusing. So, you have to claim the mulligan prior to player locks?
You just have to accept the offer. Now would be a good time unless you want to save it for when you have perfected your craft. After accepting, it will automatically be applied a single time between streaks of 10 to 15 and you don't get a hit. Therefore, preserving your streak.

Sparty1045

Elite
Founder
You just have to accept the offer. Now would be a good time unless you want to save it for when you have perfected your craft. After accepting, it will automatically be applied a single time between streaks of 10 to 15 and you don't get a hit. Therefore, preserving your streak.
Thanks, fam

Sparty1045

Elite
Founder
200.gif

Top Bottom