Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Facing Reality: The vaccine or your career

Vaccine or Lose Your Job

• Vaccine

• Lose job

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
If my place of employment makes it mandatory, I will find a job elsewhere. They might hesitate making it mandatory though. While I am certainly replaceable, that isn’t easy to do with someone like me who works 80-90 hours a week.
Be so important they have to hire 2-4 individuals to replace you. Ive always done the same. Produce and you have much more leverage

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
I think companies need to tread carefully. It's not FDA approved and some are forcing an experimental drug on their employees. I would sue the shit out of an employer if I so much had the fucking sniffles from it.
Really good points that were obscured in my head by the annoyance of this entire ordeal

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Are you less than 26? Seriously.
If you are and in Ohio ID bet handyman part time to learn or weld or plumbing or hvac. Learn it all for 3 years as a weekend help for church ladies. You can post on here for help w each job. We got em all here. I know your babe Isnt well but you gotta plan that she will be. Itll suck. But you'll be better off /set for 30s. If you are 30s it is the same plan but work more and eat and drink less. DM if you wanna keep going or we can text.

Will likely become a full time meme jihadist.

Wife wouldn't want me welding or doing labor anymore. Happy wife is a happy life 😉

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder

Will likely become a full time meme jihadist.

Wife wouldn't want me welding or doing labor anymore. Happy wife is a happy life 😉
Of that is what you wanna do then you gotta figure out how to monetize it.
I know how to Man Up

America 1st

Founder
I have a couple restaurant and some real estate that needs to be managed. Depends on what you want to do.
In on whatever sparty doesn't want first.

I'm great for these kinda situations cuz I've done sales (even sold electric products to the Amish) but I'm also a massive dick and have no problem firing people or letting them know they're not meeting expectations.

What type of properties do you have? Just curious?
I’ll manage real estate. I hated working at a restaurant when I was younger.
Managing real estate is a dream job. I'd go back and do it here if someone asked me to.

What industry you in now?

I might just have to start writing for crootn news and turn that into a professional news outfit 🤷‍♂️

Sparty1045

Elite
Founder
In on whatever party doesn't want first.

I'm great for these kinda situations cuz I've done sales (even sold electric products to the Amish) but I'm also a massive dick and have no problem firing people or letting them know they're not meeting expectations.

Managing real estate is a dream job. I'd go back and do it here if someone asked me to.

I might just have to start writing for crootn news and turn that into a professional news outfit 🤷‍♂️
IT 🤮

In on whatever sparty doesn't want first.

I have 5 duplexes and 3 single family homes. I will have 10 more more doors by the end of the year. 65k base to manage the restaurant or I could just open one up in your area for you.

America 1st

Founder
I have 5 duplexes and 3 single family homes. I will have 10 more more doors by the end of the year. 65k base to manage the restaurant or I could just open one up in your area for you.
Does legit sound like you'll need a manager for your props. That's awesome brother!

What sorta rests you dabble in?

If you ever move into NEO I'm your guy 😎

Sounds like you got too good of a thing going there to allow yourself to get distracted or to slow down!

Does legit sound like you'll need a manager for your props. That's awesome brother!

What sorta rests you dabble in?

If you ever move into NEO I'm your guy 😎

Sounds like you got too good of a thing going there to allow yourself to get distracted or to slow down!

I own a couple bbq restaurants. I love it because it is low cost and something most everyone loves. Well at least the stuff that we put out. If anyone was ever in need I would certainly help someone get started at very minimum cost if it’s something they were interested in, 100% ownership as well.

CMTiger15

Poster
Founder
Friend of mine got Covid and had it bad for about two weeks.

His wife had just gotten the vaccine a few weeks prior. She took care of him and even continued sleeping in the same bed, and she never got sick.

The more stories I see/hear like this, the more willing I’ll be to get it if/when the time comes...but like @CDDP I’m hoping to wait a bit longer before having to make that decision.

Last edited:

America 1st

Founder
I own a couple bbq restaurants. I love it because it is low cost and something most everyone loves. Well at least the stuff that we put out. If anyone was ever in need I would certainly help someone get started at very minimum cost if it’s something they were interested in, 100% ownership as well.
Good for you!

That's the spirit too! Paying it forward always comes back.

Can you DM a location so I can stop in at some point?

America 1st

Founder

His wife had just gotten the vaccine a few weeks prior. She took care of him and even continued sleeping in the same bed, and a he never got sick.

The more stories I see/hear like this, the more willing I’ll be to get it if/when the time comes...but like @CDDP I’m hoping to wait a bit longer before having to make that decision.
Did he end up with lung scaring?

CMTiger15

Poster
Founder
Did he end up with lung scaring?

He didn’t get pneumonia or have to be intubated, so I assume not.

When I say he had a “bad” case I mean he had pretty moderate symptoms that put a very active man down in bed for almost 2 full weeks, as opposed to many others who just get sniffles and are fine after a couple days.

He definitely didn’t have what I’d call a severe case where you’d expect lung scarring though.

His wife had just gotten the vaccine a few weeks prior. She took care of him and even continued sleeping in the same bed, and she never got sick.

to be fair I had it and my wife slept beside for days and didn’t get. I had a friend that his wife and two kids had it and he was in the house with them at all times and never got it. Seems to be hit and miss. If it gives you peace of mind there is no shame in getting it. I’m 35 and already had to so no reason for me.

America 1st

Founder
He didn’t get pneumonia or have to be intubated, so I assume not.

When I say he had a “bad” case I mean he had pretty moderate symptoms that put a very active man down in bed for almost 2 full weeks, as opposed to many others who just get sniffles and are fine after a couple days.

He definitely didn’t have what I’d call a severe case where you’d expect lung scarring though.
I almost went to the ER when I had it, couldn't breath, and I'm 6'3" 175 and 26 when I had it.

It's crazy how it effects everyone different.

Prayers for your friend brother!

to be fair I had it and my wife slept beside for days and didn’t get. I had a friend that his wife and two kids had it and he was in the house with them at all times and never got it. Seems to be hit and miss. If it gives you peace of mind there is no shame in getting it. I’m 35 and already had to so no reason for me

CMTiger15

Poster
Founder
to be fair I had it and my wife slept beside for days and didn’t get. I had a friend that his wife and two kids had it and he was in the house with them at all times and never got it. Seems to be hit and miss. If it gives you peace of mind there is no shame in getting it. I’m 35 and already had to so no reason for me

I already had it too and had more mild symptoms that lasted ~4 days. With that said, only reason I’d even consider getting is if I had to for work, which may be coming.

My company would never mandate it, but I have to fly a lot (couple times per week). It sounds like the airlines are getting close to requiring it which will put me in a tough spot.

So if it got to that point I guess I’d have a tough decision to make...but would probably suck it up and do it...and hearing more positive stories like the one I posted above would make it a little easier to do it if I had to.

America 1st

Founder
I already had it too and had more mild symptoms that lasted ~4 days. With that said, only reason I’d even consider getting is if I had to for work, which may be coming.

My company would never mandate it, but I have to fly a lot (couple times per week). It sounds like the airlines are getting close to requiring it which will put me in a tough spot.

So if it got to that point I guess I’d have a tough decision to make...but would probably suck it up and do it...and hearing more positive stories like the one I posted above would make it a little easier to do it if I had to.
There is no shame in being willing to sacrifice your own desires for your family.

It's what parents and husbands are supposed to do.

CMTiger15

Poster
Founder
I almost went to the ER when I had it, couldn't breath, and I'm 6'3" 175 and 26 when I had it.

It's crazy how it effects everyone different.

Prayers for your friend brother!

Agreed. I’m actually immuno-compromised and as I just posted above, had only mild symptoms when I had it. Yet I’ve seen several very healthy people get it and be devastated by it...my wife’s relatively healthy 55 yr old aunt died from it.

Very crazy how differently it affects different people with not much rhyme or reason.

CMTiger15

Poster
Founder
There is no shame in being willing to sacrifice your own desires for your family.

It's what parents and husbands are supposed to do.

100%. We have a 2 year old and are in the process of building our dream home...and I’m the bread winner by far and jobs in my industry are not easy to come by.

I’d absolutely be put in a tough spot if it comes to that, but would ultimately put the good of my family above myself when it came to crunch time.

Long cat

Elite
In my wife's company management meeting, a vaccine mandate for all employees was discussed. She told them that if the company was going to force a vaccine to keep her job, they should have to sign a liability waiver that her family is taken care of if any devastating side effects occur. They dropped the subject.
This is exactly right. How can a company force a vaccine until the FDA actually approves a vaccine? What company is going to force people to take a vaccine that is not approved by the fda to prevent covid?

WestcampTX

Elite
Founder
It's coming. There are enough people standing in lines for the vaccination voluntarily that it's a short hop to those being mandated on the rest of us. If this becomes reality, every year the flu shot will be mandated as will the coming cancer vaccines. We saw the brouhaha here in Texas when Gov. Perry went the Gardasil route for girls. Of course, he was GOP and open season. OBiden and dems mandating it will be much different.
You’re a RRS poster right? Glad to see a familiar face, and good to know that not EVERY member of our board is a screaming lib.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder

I feel like this might be the first time in human history that those words have been put together in that particular way🤣

That sounds awful to me.

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
My wife and sister were talking on the phone, and I was getting vaccine-shamed because I said I wasn't taking it. How people are so willing to shoot themselves up with something that was rushed to existence is beyond me. No fucking clue how the vaccine is going to affect you long-term, but they're lining up like lemmings to take the shot.

Fuck it. I ain't taking it. This is the hill I'll die on.

Top Bottom