Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

orng_blud

Legendary
Founder

The Hill

Follow
217.6K Followers

Fani Willis refuses to testify before GOP-led Georgia panel​

Story by Lauren Irwin
• 4h • 2 min read

Fani Willis refuses to testify before GOP-led Georgia panel

Fani Willis refuses to testify before GOP-led Georgia panel© Provided by The Hill
Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis (D) said Monday that she would not be testifying before a Republican-led Georgia state Senate panel investigating her.

At an event where she earned the endorsement of many local Black religious leaders, Willis said the committee investigating her may not have the authority to subpoena her.

“First of all, I don’t think they even had the authority to subpoena me, but they need to learn the law,” she said, reported by Fox 5.

She continued, saying she would not appear for anything unlawful because she had “not broken the law.”

“I’ve said it amongst these leaders; I’m sorry folks get pissed off that everybody gets treated equally,” Willis said.

Willis, who is conducting a historic indictment of former President Trump for his alleged efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election results in Georgia, has also made headlines for her personal relationship.

Months of controversy have disrupted Willis’s original case, after it was made public that she had a romantic relationship with someone she hired for the case.

A judge ruled in March that she could continue the prosecution, if she or special prosecutor Nathan Wade stepped down, which he ultimately did.

Now, the state Senate is looking to investigate whether Willis and Wade used taxpayer dollars during their relationship.

County Commission Chair Robb Pitts testified before the committee this week that the board has little power over Willis’s spending once it approves her budget, but also dodged opportunities to criticize Willis, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

The Hill has reached out to the state Senate press office for comment on Willis’s remarks, but the committee’s chair, state Sen. Bill Cowsert (R), told Fox 5 that he maintains the committee has the power to make Willis testify about her spending. He said Willis could be held in contempt if she doesn’t cooperate.

“I sure hope it doesn’t get to that,” Cowsert told the outlet.

Georgia’s local and state election day is May 21. Willis, who is in the middle of running her reelection campaign, will face a Democratic challenger, Christian Wise Smith, a former prosecutor in the Fulton County district attorney’s ofice, in the primary, 11Alive report.

“[There] ain’t no one above the law, either,” Willis said at her press conference Monday. “So, I don’t care how rich you are, how powerful you think you are, who your daddy is, what your political party might be, how much money you think you got and how evil your supporters are.”

“I don’t care how many times they threaten me. I will gladly leave this place knowing that I did God’s work,” she said.

Goldhedge

Legendary

You will see tonight outrage by legal "experts" about Judge Cannon vacating trial date and refusing to set a new one.

They will again accuse her of being in the tank for Trump and demand Jack Smith seek her recusal.

At the same time, these frauds will refuse to cover all of the new developments related to DOJ tampering with evidence, misrepresenting the condition of the evidence to the court, doctored evidence, and perhaps even missing/misplaced documents.

Keep in mind-- Jack Smith is the one who decided to bring this unprecedented indictment in June 2023 then add a superseding indictment on the case a month later. He then handed down the DC indictment in August 2023--Judge Chutkan leapfrogged over Cannon's initial date and set a March 4 trial date, further delaying proceedings in Florida.

Smith forced the defendants to comply with CIPA, which are stringent rules related to handling/sharing of classified materials in such cases.

His team foot-dragged discovery and failed to set up a secure location for months where defense could view classified discovery evidence.

Cannon has held numerous sealed and public hearings over the past several months as well as addressed multiple competing motions for dismissal of the case.

Here is a partial list of what's been presented in her court recently:

jdgnole

Elite
Founder
I think this is known. Atleast I knew. I read Marcus Outzen, FSU QB, died at 46 from a rare autoimmune disease. Cancer, heart attacks, AIDS and others are all exploding. Long COVID will be the reaon they trot out but we know that is BS as well. Seems like darker days ahead.
FYI, a quick search shows he is over the target as he being roundly criticized. Yes, when I read about how our previous quarterback died the first thing that pops into my mind when you talk about autoimmune etc. is the damn shot. People can keep their head in the sand but it’s gonna be a pretty rude awakening.

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

s-ou-thern

Legendary
Founder

The Target one is probably almost ready to launch.

Goldhedge

Legendary

YOU NEED TO HEAR THIS

Mayor of El Cajon , California Bill Wells visited residents who live by the Border he saw:

Collections of discarded IDs, Passports, Chinese Passports, some have been BURNED. Illegals immigrants attempting to DESTROY their passports as they enter

Why would they need to do that?

“This is Bill Wells. I'm down here at the border, and I'm at my friend Cory Goderow's house, who's gonna take us down and show us what's happening at the border. But he lives right here, and you should see this. All of these IDs on the wall are IDs that he's found in his yard that people have just discarded after they've crossed the border. Some of them, as you can see over here, they've been lit on fire.

They tried to burn them.

Picture they found in two different locations that was obviously torn apart. So what's happening is they're getting across the border and they're deciding they're trying, at least being instructed, to destroy these IDs.

Now these are Middle Eastern IDs. We've got lots of people here from Turkey. But over here is a really interesting one. All these IDs on the top are Mexican IDs, but they're Chinese nationals.

I have no idea how they get the Mexican ID, but these are people from China”

Top Bottom