Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
Merkel warns the west and Biden to stop and think on the Russia Proxy War that is about to go WW3. And that Putin does not make idle threats.

Apparently he’s never reneged on a foreign agreement either.

PowerMEGA

God Fearing Patriot
Founder
Can somebody explain to me like im 5, what winning a majority in the house and senate in November can do for us? Will they be able to limit Biden and can they possibly start turning the country around?
There are several things (in theory)
1. Stop all federal judge appointments.
2. Pass budget bills that don't require Biden approval.
3. Control of committees and what those committees do, like investigations, hearings, etc.
4. Block approvals of appointed officials (new cabinet secretaries, etc).

Of course, all of this is predicated on Republicans sticking together, which doesn't always happen.

Strike #1 - Ukraine
Well, she said that she supports the freedom of the Ukrainians, not necessarily the Zelinsky government. Again, I am not going to be quick to jusgement like this, especially when the MSM seems to hate her so much.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
The primary victory comes in the fact that the Rs will set the agenda in both the House and Senate , what comes to the floor , what sees the light of day AND they then chair all the committees, including oversight and intelligence . Wray , Fauci , Mayorkis ...

The grilling and investigations will fire up

Sadly unless McConnell and McCarthy are replaced nothing of real value will occur
About the only thing the Repubes can do is withhold funding for his programs or new hires. They won't be able to override vetoes. They can also not approve his nominees unless Romney is the critical vote.

AC2021

Legendary
Founder
308670268_865434591345956_440804885080446381_n.jpg

FreeMiner

Legendary
My niece in Florida finally got back to me today. She cooked meals for 8 days ahead for her family, they sustained 120 mph winds, wind has gone down but water rising, Because of water expect no power until Sunday at earliest. They own their own 6x6 so can get around ok. She was in the Military and also trained Combat Medic. Her son is a Marine. He is there, him and his wife have a 3 year old and a 2 week old new Marine.
Her neighbors laughed when she bought an old time wood cookstove in Georgia and hauled it back to Florida and installed it in her kitchen. She has heat if needed for cooking and drying clothes blankets etc.
Last big storm the looters came after the water went down and they had to patrol 24/7
They live on a 240 acre farm and are totally self sufficient which makes them a target.

Top Bottom