Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Congress almost introduced hippos to the united states

TJHall1

Legendary
In 1910 in the Mississippi river. Reason being to help solve a nation wide meat shortage and to help get rid of an invasive plant that was introduced about 25 years earlier.

I think we'd have been ok up here in the north, but you guys down in Mississippi and Louisiana would have been getting mauled to death left and right.

Teddy Roosevelt supported the idea and it only failed by 1 vote.

Jakethedog

Legendary
Founder
maxresdefault.jpg

AgEngDawg

Legendary
In 1910 in the Mississippi river. Reason being to help solve a nation wide meat shortage and to help get rid of an invasive plant that was introduced about 25 years earlier.

I think we'd have been ok up here in the north, but you guys down in Mississippi and Louisiana would have been getting mauled to death left and right.

Teddy Roosevelt supported the idea and it only failed by 1 vote.

Damn, I would grill the fuck out of some hippos.

Too bad they were not brought over.

Rva

Was in the original thread from day one trophy 🏆
Founder
Swamp People would be must watch television if hippos were involved
One time I was at a party at my aunt and uncles in New Orleans. I was talking to a guy and he said he was a producer for movies at one time. I asked him if there was anything he would’ve done that I would’ve known about. He said probably not, but the most famous was “swamp thing 2”

Top Bottom