Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Can anyone explain the temple of satan vs being a devil worshiper? I’m not really understanding the difference…

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
a2d6d7db-9413-40d0-b5e4-cac15112ca5d_text.gif

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
I'm not certain what you're really asking, but if you mean the church of Satan - the late Anton Lavey's church - they don't believe in a traditional "Satan". They claim Satan is not a real being, but an idea, the idea of rebelling against societal norms, western Christian values and so forth. At least that's their public persona. But if you listen to the words of members like Sammy Davis Jr et al, they clearly expressed a belief in Satan being an actual, active being.

Devil worshipers come in all varieties, from those who believe he is indeed the evil being described in the bible, to luciferians, who believe Satan is an equal to the Judeo/Christian God, Satan being the god who freed man, gives man free choice, and the Judeo/Christian God is a hateful bitter god who hates and restricts mankind.

Chris Farley

Misunderstood lurker
Founder
Ok ok ok…so reason I ask, is bc recently a neighbor of mine who I’m tight with told me that his neighbors, who’s boy my son was playing with for a while, are temple of satan…and that they had a sticker on their car.I had to see for myself. So I went over there one night after everyone has gone in and took this photo:

408D2090-A6FA-43FE-9A71-EF7A6520C096.jpeg

I’m trying to figure out, are they satanists who partake in drinking babies’ blood and are into blood orgies and shit? Or are they just using him as a figure head and don’t believe in anything.

QuanChi

Elite
One side is intentional demon worshippers and the other is doing it unintentional. The bumper sticker you posted is something the “smarter than you” athiests post on their vehicle to troll Christians.

Top Bottom