Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Biden coming after cryptos (@America 1st was right again)

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Consider the standard deviation of Bitcoin’s monthly returns since the beginning of 2016: It is an incredible 25.3%. Those of you who remember your Statistics 101 will immediately realize what this means: Assuming the future is like the past, you can expect 95% of its monthly returns to fall within a range that is two standard deviations above or below its mean—a range that is more than 100 percentage points.

Note carefully that this is the expected range for monthly returns. Unless you are addicted to risk, you shouldn’t be trying to finance your basic living expenses in retirement with an asset this volatile.

To put Bitcoin’s volatility in perspective, consider that the standard deviation of gold’s monthly returns over the same period: 3.9%. That therefore means that, assuming the future is like the past, we can expect 95% of gold’s future monthly returns to fall within a range that is 7.8 percentage points above or below its monthly mean—a total range of 15.6 percentage points. Most of us would consider that to itself be risky, but it seems like child’s play compared with Bitcoin’s.

America 1st

Founder
Rand Paul gets it.

Sen. Rand Paul: Crypto could become world's reserve currency | Axios on HBO​

Would never happen.

The US and it’s allies would be smart enough to do away with them long before it ever got close to that point. They already making moves to lay the hammer in both Europe and here at home.

A move like that would risk their national security in a HUGE way and for no benefit whatsoever.

He is also lying when he says US currency isn’t backed by anything and he knows it. Dollars are back by everything in the US economy and the full faith and credit of the US government. He loves to play to the antigovernment bloc and it’s getting tired.

CDDP

Legendary
Founder
Would never happen.

The US and it’s allies would be smart enough to do away with them long before it ever got close to that point. They already making moves to lay the hammer in both Europe and here at home.

A move like that would risk their national security in a HUGE way and for no benefit whatsoever.
I was of this opinion until recently. Changes on the second layer that will allow for more privacy and cheaper transaction fees have me 100% a bull.

America 1st

Founder
I was of this opinion until recently. Changes on the second layer that will allow for more privacy and cheaper transaction fees have me 100% a bull.
That’s why the government digital currency will pop up as an alternative but it will still be backed by traditional currency.

Governments and sovereign people aren’t going to give up control of their countries, and their economies, because fringe elements of the population want to bypass law, order, and oversight.

If people want privacy they already have something that is multitudes better than any crypto could ever be (cash).

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Would never happen.

He is also lying when he says US currency isn’t backed by anything and he knows it. Dollars are back by everything in the US economy and the full faith and credit of the US government. He loves to play to the antigovernment bloc and it’s getting tired.
Its too late. The US can not "do away" with them. They are here to stay whether we like it or not. Much like the corona virus.

Cryptos are in their infancy and will change the world. Governments better learn to adapt.

America 1st

Founder
Its too late. The US can not "do away" with them. They are here to stay whether we like it or not. Much like the corona virus.

Cryptos are in their infancy and will change the world. Governments better learn to adapt.
This just simply isn’t true and we both know it.

In fact I think we both realize we’re moving closer and closer to many of these coins being deem national security threats (as they should be).

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder

In fact I think we both realize we’re moving closer and closer to many of these coins being deem national security threats (as they should be).
No, and you are costing people a lot of money by continuing that line of thinking. You have been saying the same things since Bitcoin was trading ~$30,000. They have doubled in price and have a market cap of over a $trillion. The government has continually said they will not try and ban BTC. The SEC has approved BTC fututres, and more recently BTC ETF's. These are regulated products and the government will not just pull the rug on them for multiple reasons. One of those reasons being that they can't unless they wan't to disconnect the internet and that is not a viable solution.

These products exist and have value because there is demand for them. Why is there such demand for them? Because no one trusts the government, or believes its feasible for the government to fairly regulate currency.

Cryptos is taking power from governments and giving it to the people. Its in its infancy and the long term price will appreciate higher.

CDDP

Legendary
Founder

Cross-input signature aggregation change that is coming is the reason I've changed my mind. Governments whether in Beijing or DC are going to hate this, but not much they can do.

America 1st

Founder
No, and you are costing people a lot of money by continuing that line of thinking. You have been saying the same things since Bitcoin was trading ~$30,000. They have doubled in price and have a market cap of over a $trillion. The government has continually said they will not try and ban BTC. The SEC has approved BTC fututres, and more recently BTC ETF's. These are regulated products and the government will not just pull the rug on them for multiple reasons. One of those reasons being that they can't unless they wan't to disconnect the internet and that is not a viable solution.

These products exist and have value because there is demand for them. Why is there such demand for them? Because no one trusts the government, or believes its feasible for the government to fairly regulate currency.

Cryptos is taking power from governments and giving it to the people. Its in its infancy and the long term price will appreciate higher.
Agree to disagree I guess cuz I can’t find common ground with you on ANY of the above.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Agree to disagree I guess cuz I can’t find common ground with you on ANY of the above.

You can disagree all you want, but at some point you have to acknowledge that the price is reflecting demand.

In your opinion, why is demand high?

America 1st

Founder
You can disagree all you want, but at some point you have to acknowledge that the price is reflecting demand.

In your opinion, why is demand high?
For the same reason the demand and price of cocaine is high (people do things that aren’t real smart).

brenn_man20

Elite
Founder
I'm in! Going to be doing some dollar cost averaging with a few different coins. Which should I buy?

Thanks in advance!

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
i like Ethereum the best out of the coins. I think it has the best combination of first to market, name recognition, and number of uses.

One day I could see ETH passing shitcoin.

America 1st

Founder
Shit products = shit results.

There are some shit coins out there, but you can say that about any other product too.
At least we are in agreement these things are products and not currencies or resembling anything that can be used as such.

Much like we ban products with arsenic or other cancer causing materials it’s time we ban cryptos as well. There is no doubt they’re much more dangerous to people and this country than cancer.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
At least we are in agreement these things are products and not currencies or resembling anything that can be used as such.

Much like we ban products with arsenic or other cancer causing materials it’s time we ban cryptos as well. There is no doubt they’re much more dangerous to people and this country than cancer.
Product, currency, call it whatever you want. It’s worth what someone will give you for it.

BTC more dangerous than cancer? You sound like a lib! BTC takes away control from governments and gives it to society. Of course govs are going to tell you it’s dangerous, it’s a threat to their power.

Power to the people. BTC and ETH are in their infancy. A whole new industry of finance is being created before your eyes. Get on board or get left behind!

America 1st

Founder
Product, currency, call it whatever you want. It’s worth what someone will give you for it.

BTC more dangerous than cancer? You sound like a lib! BTC takes away control from governments and gives it to society. Of course govs are going to tell you it’s dangerous, it’s a threat to their power.

Power to the people. BTC and ETH are in their infancy. A whole new industry of finance is being created before your eyes. Get on board or get left behind!
It can’t take power away from government and give it to people because We The People are the government in this country.

BTC and all other cryptos take away our freedom of choice and erode our republic and our sovereignty.

No doubt cryptos are more dangerous than cancer. Cancer isn’t setting the world’s sovereign government, and the people that created the them, for societal collapse.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
It can’t take power away from government and give it to people because We The People are the government in this country.

BTC and all other cryptos take away our freedom of choice and erode our republic and our sovereignty.

No doubt cryptos are more dangerous than cancer. Cancer isn’t setting the world’s sovereign government, and the people that created the them, for societal collapse.

BTC is mathematical freedom. It takes the power away from biased humans and gives it to the people through math.

Cryptos are the currencies of the future. This is just the beginning. Many financial transactions will move to crypto over the coming years. You will see the minor transaction move to crypto first and then gradually more and more will move there.

America 1st

Founder
BTC is mathematical freedom. It takes the power away from biased humans and gives it to the people through math.

Cryptos are the currencies of the future. This is just the beginning. Many financial transactions will move to crypto over the coming years. You will see the minor transaction move to crypto first and then gradually more and more will move there.
Yore practically making my point for me.

Sovereign people decide what happens with currency and the economy in their countries, not some algorithm. No patriot would want that ability taking away from the free peoples of this earth.

I never pictured you to be one of those people to support the new world order and to want to live in “the Matrix”.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Yore practically making my point for me.

Sovereign people decide what happens with currency and the economy in their countries, not some algorithm. No patriot would want that ability taking away from the free peoples of this earth.

I never pictured you to be one of those people to support the new world order and to want to live in “the Matrix”.
I’m a patriot and I think an unbiased algorithm that is mathematically certain and a truly market driven price is more fair than a group of elite people who think they know best.

The elites have fucked me at every turn to be honest.

America 1st

Founder
I’m a patriot and I think an unbiased algorithm that is mathematically certain and a truly market driven price is more fair than a group of elite people who think they know best.

The elites have fucked me at every turn to be honest.
We need to elect better people then to make better appointments.

Giving up our nation’s sovereign rights isn’t the solution.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder

CDDP

Legendary
Founder
Bitcoin is doing well....

Total value of Bitcoin soon to move higher than the total value of above ground Silver.

2021-11-08_5-06-39.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom